Does NY's defense really scare you?

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
YoMick;1749285 said:
That 4 Aces package doesnt scare me in the least.

To counter that:
  1. Romo will call out TO's name throw a pass :D
  2. Romo will throw that toss to Barber on the screen 2x :D
Once we smoke them a few times... they will call off the Dogs
Well you should be very, very scared...according to this giants fan...
delusional giants mental midget said:
14-2 is VERY possible. No other team has our pass rush. Not Indy, Not NE, Not Anybody. Tom Brady can only win games if he can throw the ball... TAKE THAT AWAY AND WE GO 14-2!!!!
:laugh2:

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
If we gameplan like we did against Philly i.e toss Jones and Barber passes out in the flats it negates there rush completely. That should open up the middle some for Witten as they try to compensate for barber and jones in the flats, which will then clear up the deep middle for T.O on those drag routes we've been finding him on lately.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
T.O81;1749254 said:
The only thing that scares me is there passrush.They have to great Rushers in Strahan and Osi!

Its hard for me to be too scared of them after the way Flozell and Colombo handled them week 1. Im more worried about Burress then anything.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will lay the pimp hand on anyone who admits to being scared of a defense we put 45 on in week one.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1749247 said:
So many of the pundits have said that they have the best D in the NFC, etc... But does their D really scare you?

I think they have two good passrushers and one great passrusher in Osi. But if you can block those guys up -- max protect, shorter drops, etc -- are they that good?

I say there's no way. Madison makes some plays but is older, Ross is a rookie, their safeties aren't great, and their LBs aren't special.

I think that if we can keep Osi from getting to Romo too many times, our O will have no problem. Keep in mind that the Eagles were leading the NFC in points allowed until we played them.

The only things that scare me are women and the po-lice. As for Dallas, they should be cautiously mindful of NY's front seven. The Cowboys running game will have to be at it's best.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
The Giants defense is probably the worst in the NFCE. Any team with a competent QB and Winston Justice not starting at tackle will throttle them all day long.

Their back seven might be in the five worst in the NFL. The LBs are terrible in coverage, the safeties can't tackle and the corners get beaten with regularity.

TEs and RBs will always be open but the crappy teams they've been playing have had to keep them in because their tackles couldn't handle Strahan and Umeniyora. Dallas has proven over time that Adams beats Umeniyora and Columbo manhandles Strahan. Strahan had two sacks of Bledsoe in one game last year but neither was on Columbo and Columbo physically dominated him in both games.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
Zimmy Lives;1749490 said:
The only things that scare me are women and the po-lice. As for Dallas, they should be cautiously mindful of NY's front seven. The Cowboys running game will have to be at it's best.

Did you ever watch the TV show "Police Woman?" I'll bet you had to hide under the covers. :D

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
lurkercowboy;1749503 said:
Did you ever watch the TV show "Police Woman?" I'll bet you had to hide under the covers. :D

My parents wouldn't allow me to watch PW. :eek:: I did like Heather Locklear in T.J. Hooker! :p:

As for the Giants defense, lay the wood to them early with the running game and they will fold by the 3rd quarter.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
juckie;1749264 said:
Chocolate Lab is that Newman in ur Sig?

Speaking of sigs, Jet Terry is doing very well off the bench! I ended up with him on my fantasy team. Wasn't too thrilled at first (15 ppg, 4 assists and 2 rebs aren't that great for a starter) but he's been lighting it up as a 6th man.

I don't expect that to last, of course, but it's been nice so far.

sharph20

Reaction score
Where are all the giant trolls at? I figured they would be here defending their "amazing" D by now.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;1749495 said:
The Giants defense is probably the worst in the NFCE. Any team with a competent QB and Winston Justice not starting at tackle will throttle them all day long.

Their back seven might be in the five worst in the NFL. The LBs are terrible in coverage, the safeties can't tackle and the corners get beaten with regularity.

TEs and RBs will always be open but the crappy teams they've been playing have had to keep them in because their tackles couldn't handle Strahan and Umeniyora. Dallas has proven over time that Adams beats Umeniyora and Columbo manhandles Strahan. Strahan had two sacks of Bledsoe in one game last year but neither was on Columbo and Columbo physically dominated him in both games.

I heard someone on ESPN radio make a similar observation about the Giants D being quite vulnerable to TEs.

.... sounds like Witten could be in for a big day.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Skin;1749327 said:
I just listened to Gosselin on the way to lunch. He was on 1560, here in Houston, with a local host and he said the Giants are the best team in the NFC. Despite that, he did say he thought the Cowboys would win the division.

He told the host that the Giants lost to us because it was their first game in their defense, Umenyiora was hurt, Strahan hadn't practiced, etc. Of course, he didn't touch on Newman, Ellis and T. Glenn missing the game, Jason Ferguson's injury or the fact that it was our first game in a new defense. The Goose is always entertaining.

I don't think that they will be able to get consistent pressure on Romo and they can't stop our running game. I think that Witten is going to shred the middle of the field. With our DBs healthy (or as healthy as they've been), I don't look for them to go as nuts as they have in the past, particularly since I think we're going to get good pressure on Eli.

Goose is great on the draft but only sometimes serviceable on any other subject.

Mansta54

Reaction score
nyc;1749278 said:
Not even alittle. They've abused horrible offensive teams and got torched against offenses that can score.

The Cowboys drop at least 35 on them. The Eagles have a better defense.

:hammer:

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
The only really scary thing about the Giants is they're built to win a shootout. They have 4 players who could end up with double digit sacks this year. You don't get to this point with just one good game against Winston Justice. There's no doubt they're at their best when they have their ears pinned back and going to the QB. It's not really a team you want to get one dimensional with. Our defense needs to prevent this from becoming another game where vying to become the first one to score 35+. Add onto the fact that it's at the Meadowlands and they're coming off a bye week, and I would be extremely surprised if this one doesn't come down to the wire.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Originally Posted by delusional giants mental midget
14-2 is VERY possible. No other team has our pass rush. Not Indy, Not NE, Not Anybody. Tom Brady can only win games if he can throw the ball... TAKE THAT AWAY AND WE GO 14-2!!!!

03EBZ06;1749418 said:
Well you should be very, very scared...according to this giants fan...

:laugh2:

Well.... in the immortal words of Mel Allen..... "How-a-bout that?!?"

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
So many of the pundits have said that they have the best D in the NFC, etc... But does their D really scare you?

They have a couple of yards per game given up fewer than us, what are these guys seeing?

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
ZeroClub;1749527 said:
I heard someone on ESPN radio make a similar observation about the Giants D being quite vulnerable to TEs.

.... sounds like Witten could be in for a big day.

TEs have given the Giants fits all year. Teams have been isolating Kiwanuka and TEs have had big days almost every week. Heck Brad Celek for the Eagles had over half of his yards for the year against them and Peelle led the Dolphins in receiving.

Witten went off for over 100 and a TD, Green Bay's combined for almost 60 and a TD, Cooley had a TD.

The only TE who didn't have one of their best games of the year against NYFG was Crumpler and I think that might have been the game he was injured but I don't remember for sure. Even then, Atlanta had good success dumping the ball to Norwood.

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
phily had 2 good pass rushers and the OLine was good all nite, so i dont think im 2 worry bout the Giants D, they should be worried about our offence more then us worryng bout their D.

BoysRule2

Benched
Reaction score

I think they have two good passrushers and one great passrusher in Osi. But if you can block those guys up -- max protect, shorter drops, etc -- are they that good?

I say there's no way. Madison makes some plays but is older, Ross is a rookie, their safeties aren't great, and their LBs aren't special.

I think that if we can keep Osi from getting to Romo too many times, our O will have no problem. Keep in mind that the Eagles were leading the NFC in points allowed until we played them.

The fact that they have FOUR true pass rushers-Osi, Strahan, Tuck(who has 7 sacks), and Kiwi, it's at least something for OC's to lose sleep over.

Heck-even Antonio Pierce and Aaron Ross have become solid blitzers as well.