Does NY's defense really scare you?

BoysRule2

Benched
Reaction score
djtavo;1750037 said:
phily had 2 good pass rushers and the OLine was good all nite, so i dont think im 2 worry bout the Giants D, they should be worried about our offence more then us worryng bout their D.

What scared me about Philly was that both Kease and Juqua Thomas would rotate, keeping themselves fresh and wearing down the opposing RTs.

Of course, I was ultimately pleased we owned them all night!:)

Aikbach

Reaction score
Their last four victories have been at the expense of four bottom feeders consecutively and one can hardly give much praise to the play of Philly and Washington either.

If Dallas' wins are questionable then New York's are down right scandalous.

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
The game I was most concerned about in this 3 game stretch was philthy. We went into that hell hole and the stadium was empty by the 4th quarter.

Yes, the Girlie Men have had a good pass rush against the bottom tier teams. But guess what, we aren't one of them any more.

I've got news for the Girlie, this ain't 2001.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
Why should Dallas be scared of the Giants' Defense? I think it's more realistic for the Ginats to be worried about what Dallas' Defense will do to Manning and the RB they broke in the first outing. While manning had a good passing game that day, remeber that Newman was out and Reeves was starting his very first game. This time, Dallas' defensive secondary is at full strength and the D-line rotation just got deeper with Tank Johnson.

Eddie

Reaction score
I wouldn't put down the Giants so quickly. They may not have the strongest strength of schedule, but they've done what they needed to do and have only lost to two 7-1 teams.

They have home field advantage. That's big. The crowd is going to be massive. But if we can take them down early, we can negate the enthusiasm.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
take away Osi's Eagles game against Winston, he has 2 sacks.

1 against the lowly Jets and 1 against the terrible Falcons.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DallasDW00ds0n;1750467 said:
take away Osi's Eagles game against Winston, he has 2 sacks.

1 against the lowly Jets and 1 against the terrible Falcons.

True, I do think this is a solid group and this will be a big feather in the cap of the Cowboys if we win. The G-men are 6-2 and their D has played a big part in that. I would hate to think that the only teams we can beat are the bottom dwellers.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I think they are good all around, and I have no doubt they'll bring more pressure than the sorry Eagles, but we aren't exactly slouches offensively either.

I'm more worried about their running game, to be honest, than their defense.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
The only thing that concerns me about the Giants is that they have the ability to spread the Cowboys out and attack weaknesses in the Secondary.

All of this talk about a resurgent NY Giants football team. One can make a real argument that they have been beaten by teams that were suppose to beat them and won games they were suppose to win.

They started off 0-2, but makes that noteworthy is that the two teams that beat them, Green Bay and Dallas have a 14-2 combined record. Everyone else they have played has a losing record, except the fraudulent Commanders.

They reeled off 6 straight wins against the Commanders, Eagles, Jets, Falcons, 49ers and Miami. The aforementioned teams have a combined record of 13-36. There is NO new winning attitude and the Giants are NOT better than they were when we played them, they just played literally the worst teams in Pro Football.

Can they beat us, yes. Are they a decidedly a better team then we faced on opening day, no.

They are who we think they are.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1750471 said:
True, I do think this is a solid group and this will be a big feather in the cap of the Cowboys if we win. The G-men are 6-2 and their D has played a big part in that. I would hate to think that the only teams we can beat are the bottom dwellers.

I think we have already proved we can beat more than the bottom dwellers.

No one wants to give us credit for a really good win in buffalo, and some might want to reconsider that. The minnesota game we made look easy even though we didnt put the points up, we pretty much dominated.

The eagles are still going to win some games and I am not sure they are as bad as they looked against us.

There is a long way to go, we are going to have plenty of opportunities to stop that kind of thinking.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
theebs;1750484 said:
I think we have already proved we can beat more than the bottom dwellers.

No one wants to give us credit for a really good win in buffalo, and some might want to reconsider that. The minnesota game we made look easy even though we didnt put the points up, we pretty much dominated.

The eagles are still going to win some games and I am not sure they are as bad as they looked against us.

There is a long way to go, we are going to have plenty of opportunities to stop that kind of thinking.

I agree but to blow off the giants as some run of the mill club with some type of so so defense in my view is wrong. The Giants have been showing themselves as a good team, I do think our team is better but I don't see the Giants as some pushover and a win this weekend I think will boost the Cowboys in the eyes of many who cover the NFL because it would be an accomplishment over a good football team

DTK

Reaction score
The only thing, and I truly mean the ONLY thing that worries me about the G-Men is the upfield rush of their ends forcing Romo to step up and then stripping him from behind. That's my only concern. Osi and Strahan are quick. Romo can be careless with the ball. If he's forced up in the pocket he needs to be very careful with the ball and not get stripped. IMO, the only way we lose this game is if we lose the turnover battle.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1750489 said:
I agree but to blow off the giants as some run of the mill club with some type of so so defense in my view is wrong. The Giants have been showing themselves as a good team, I do think our team is better but I don't see the Giants as some pushover and a win this weekend I think will boost the Cowboys in the eyes of many who cover the NFL because it would be an accomplishment over a good football team

I agree, I have said it many times. The giants are our equal. Their offensive line keeps them in every game, they are an outstanding group.

Obviously they can rush the passer. I like our matchups with our tight ends and rb's on that group of linebackers.

This is a very big game this week, but I dont think it will be the last time we see them. IN fact there is a chance if we can win this division we might have to play washington 3 times over th next 10 weeks. I think 3 spots are coming out of the east like last year and the east will have to play each other again in the playoffs.

again, I have not and will not minimize the giants, they have a ton of talent and they put our defense in bad spots alignment and scheme wise everytime we play them. That is going to be the test, can reeves and roy hold up?

burmafrd

Reaction score
They are averaging 3 sacks per game if you take out the Philthy game. Not all that great. Any good QB with decent WRs can light the Giant D up if the O line gives them time. Our O line has shown that it is very good at pass blocking. And Romo is great at dodging the rush. We should be able to score 30 on them. And no way does Eli and company score 30 again on us- with Newman back and Henry back.