Does Rich Eisen Knows Zack Martin's Madden Rating Doesn't Make Him a Good Player

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Rich Eisen gets it.

You can't say the same for Zack Martin.
"
All-Pro Zack Martin Loves His Madden Rating More than his Contract

Picture this. Like, there's chaos going on out there in Zach Martin's life. In his real life. Man. And you're talking about his Madden rating? Is Zack Martin is good, the Madden "organization says." I mean . . . he's aight, but 99 Madden rating? I think the Madden Organization needs to re-organize. Part of the reason Zeke lost a step is because Martin also lost a step. Martin was maybe an 89 - 90 not to long ago, in my Madden rankings. But he was never level 99 Larry Allen.

I mean, thank goodness for Tyler Smith last year. Thankfully, we picked up some players who can play guard, if Martin decides he isn't getting paid enough, and decides not to play, so he won't be getting paid anything.

Either way, Martin, no Zack Martin. Holding out is stupid, all the way around, on Zack Martin's part. Maybe it's just media. Maybe he's just trying to pull a stunt to show everyone believes what they hear in the media. Then he'll show up clowning, saying everything was fine, and that he took his own ride, or a veteran's first day off, approved by coach and all. Something along those lines. Anyway, I can't respect a player who holds out, at this point in time. I want to enjoy watching football. see Zack Martin shift focus to his future contract negotiations and shift attention to our fans overrating Zack Martin in their popularity contests.

It just doesn't make sense. You're upset about not getting paid, so you hold out..

Brilliant!

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Zach Martin is the best OG in the NFL. I have no idea what you're trying to say!!!!
I'm saying stop being a brat, holding out, and whining before camp. You signed a contract. Can you imagine if Jerry held out on paying up on his end of the deal?

Why is this a two-way street?

Martin is good. But he's declining, which is why he's trying to get his money. He saw what happened to Zeke, and wants to collect a few more monster checks before he retires.

I realize he's a good player, but you have to go show it on the field, and be a good player. You're not a good player because the Madden Sea Orgs, or whatever, say you are.

SexyDexy52

Reaction score
Remember when they needed him to play OT and he said I'm paid to play RG? Meaning he wasn't willing to be a team player because OT's are paid higher than OG's and he wasn't making OT money so he didn't want to do it... He eventually did for a game or two but yeah, he isn't the "bleeding blue & silver hero" some guys around here want him to be. And while he's very good at what he does, I haven't seen him dominate guys in the last year or two. I feel like he's been resting on his reputation and also losing a step.... He knew how many years his contract was for when he signed it. And when he did sign it, he was the highest paid OG in the league....

RoboQB

Reaction score
Rich Eisen doesn't "get" anything. Just another talking head.
Programmed by the powers that be.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The biggest problem I have is Martin going public. This all should have been handled behind closed doors.....and months ago!!!

He is a Cowboys legend and lock for ROH and HOF and this is how is acts when training camp starts?

What the hell??? Lost some respect for The President.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I'm saying stop being a brat, holding out, and whining before camp. You signed a contract. Can you imagine if Jerry held out on paying up on his end of the deal?

Martin is good. But he's declining, which is why he's trying to get his money. He saw what happened to Zeke, and wants to collect a few more monster checks before he retires.

I realize he's a good player, but you have to go show it on the field, and be a good player. You're not a good player because the Madden Sea Orgs, or whatever, say you are.
You realize teams don't fulfill the contract all the time. They cut players. They ask them to take pay cuts on amounts they already agreed to.

Adreme

Reaction score

The day the NFL fully guarantees all contracts is the day I would consider taking the side of the owners. Until then as long as we are in an era where players will get cut instantly I will take the side of them taking every penny they can.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
RE working on breaking 6.0 forty and Big blue to win a playoff game against an SEC team.

JBS

Reaction score

You ever seen somebody get cut? Get a clue

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Remember when they needed him to play OT and he said I'm paid to play RG? Meaning he wasn't willing to be a team player because OT's are paid higher than OG's and he wasn't making OT money so he didn't want to do it... He eventually did for a game or two but yeah, he isn't the "bleeding blue & silver hero" some guys around here want him to be. And while he's very good at what he does, I haven't seen him dominate guys in the last year or two. I feel like he's been resting on his reputation and also losing a step.... He knew how many years his contract was for when he signed it. And when he did sign it, he was the highest paid OG in the league....
Reminds me of Witten. All along you had been lead to believe he was a great leader, team first kind of guy. Toward the end you find out he's really more about himself.

kskboys

Reaction score

He's not declining yet. And he has beyond any doubt whatsoever shown it on the field. Dude is a stud.

Agree w/ some of your other thoughts.

kskboys

Reaction score
You realize teams don't fulfill the contract all the time. They cut players. They ask them to take pay cuts on amounts they already agreed to.
They fulfill the contract all the time. Where do you get this stuff from?

Very very seldom is a player asked to take a pay cut. What you're referring to is simply when they redo a salary and push some of it down the line. This is done so they can build a contender.

8FOR!3

Reaction score

1. I agree when you sign a contract that you live up to the contract YOU signed. Nobody forced you to sign a long term deal.

2. I don't see that he has declined. He was very very good at right tackle when asked and he's the best guard in the league. Just the fact that he could play right tackle at that high of a level tells you how good he actually is. But both things can be correct: he can be the best OG in the NFL and still be expected to live up to his end of the contract.

On the flip side, teams are constantly trying to restructure contracts and cutting players before the end of their deals. So Zack Martin does have the RIGHT to do what he's doing. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Rich Eisen gets it.

You can't say the same for Zack Martin.
"
All-Pro Zack Martin Loves His Madden Rating More than his Contract

Picture this. Like, there's chaos going on out there in Zach Martin's life. In his real life. Man. And you're talking about his Madden rating? Is Zack Martin is good, the Madden "organization says." I mean . . . he's aight, but 99 Madden rating? I think the Madden Organization needs to re-organize. Part of the reason Zeke lost a step is because Martin also lost a step. Martin was maybe an 89 - 90 not to long ago, in my Madden rankings. But he was never level 99 Larry Allen.

I mean, thank goodness for Tyler Smith last year. Thankfully, we picked up some players who can play guard, if Martin decides he isn't getting paid enough, and decides not to play, so he won't be getting paid anything.

Either way, Martin, no Zack Martin. Holding out is stupid, all the way around, on Zack Martin's part. Maybe it's just media. Maybe he's just trying to pull a stunt to show everyone believes what they hear in the media. Then he'll show up clowning, saying everything was fine, and that he took his own ride, or a veteran's first day off, approved by coach and all. Something along those lines. Anyway, I can't respect a player who holds out, at this point in time. I want to enjoy watching football. see Zack Martin shift focus to his future contract negotiations and shift attention to our fans overrating Zack Martin in their popularity contests.

It just doesn't make sense. You're upset about not getting paid, so you hold out..

Brilliant!

I stopped reading at Madden rating... :rolleyes: