Does Taking Jordan Love At 17 Make Sense If No Dak Deal Is Made By Draft Day

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I can’t think of a more idiotic move than to take the fourth rated college QB at number 17 when you have a young franchise QB who you just used the franchise tag on. Does anyone honestly think that Justin Love will be the best player available at number 17 and our best option? The Cowboys are coming off an 8-8 season and QB wasn’t the problem. If negotiations continue as they have been with Dak he’ll play under the tag in 2020. We have him locked up for next season but the OP is asking if taking take the fourth rated QB with our top pick makes sense. lol You only take the fourth rated college QB at number 17 if you’re stuck without a QB and are desperate. Just another dumb thread.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I can’t think of a more idiotic move than to take the fourth rated college QB at number 17 when you have a young franchise QB who you just used the franchise tag on. Does anyone honestly think that Justin Love will be the best player available at number 17 and our best option? The Cowboys are coming off an 8-8 season and QB wasn’t the problem. If negotiations continue as they have been with Dak he’ll play under the tag in 2020. We have him locked up for next season but the OP is asking if taking take the fourth rated QB with our top pick makes sense. lol You only take the fourth rated college QB at number 17 if you’re stuck without a QB and are desperate. Just another dumb thread.
Qb wasn’t a problem to you. You’re logic sounds just like the people who were saying we were doomed when Romo got hurt. You just never know until the games are played but I guess we can all assume. While qb wasn’t a problem to you obviously some disagree but I’m sure you will find a way to dismiss them because that’s what we all mainly do with those with differing opinions. It’s cool that’s jist how it goes.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You do know until Dak sings the tag it can be rescinded? Seems some,of,you don't know these things so just wanted to let you know he might not necessarily be a Cowboy unless he's signed the tag and I didn't hear about it.

EVERYONE knows a franchise tag can be rescinded, but that's not even a consideration NOW for Prescott. WHY would the Cowboys rescind his tag when Jerry, Stephen, McCarthy and Nussmieir have all said Prescott is their future QB and rescinding the tag leaving Prescott free to negotiate with any team? That makes ZERO sense.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Qb wasn’t a problem to you. You’re logic sounds just like the people who were saying we were doomed when Romo got hurt. You just never know until the games are played but I guess we can all assume. While qb wasn’t a problem to you obviously some disagree but I’m sure you will find a way to dismiss them because that’s what we all mainly do with those with differing opinions. It’s cool that’s jist how it goes.

There was plenty of logic thinking we were doomed when Romo went down in 2016 after what happened in 2015 when he went down, especially when the only QB we had backing him up was a rookie fourth round pick. Where’s the logic behind taking the fourth rated QB with our 17th pick when we have a franchise QB locked up under the franchise tag for 2020? What are the odds that we’ll never come to an agreement with Dak and that Justin Love will develop into a franchise QB? The odds on any QB developing into a franchise QB regardless how high they’re drafted aren’t real good.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
There was plenty of logic thinking we were doomed when Romo went down in 2016 after what happened in 2015 when he went down, especially when the only QB we had backing him up was a rookie fourth round pick. Where’s the logic behind taking the fourth rated QB with our 17th pick when we have a franchise QB locked up under the franchise tag for 2020? What are the odds that we’ll never come to an agreement with Dak and that Justin Love will develop into a franchise QB? The odds on any QB developing into a franchise QB regardless how high they’re drafted aren’t real good.

The chances are less than zero that Jerry and/or Stephen won;t get a long term contract worked out before the start of free agency in 2021. To WASTE a team's 1st round pick on a QB when the people that matter, the Cowboys, believe they have their future QB already. What we the fans think means absolutely nothing.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
The logic is Dak isn’t that good but I’m sure them big numbers out of context make you think you’re correct but I disagree. Against better teams that you need to play against to win it all he’s stats aren’t good. Hes also not a good qb as far as throwing the ball but again I’m sure you’ll give me some out of context stats to disagree. That’s all good but Dak isn’t good enough to not think about drafting a first rd qb. Do y’all not know how the FT works? Until he signs Dak is not locked into anything and the Cowboys could make him a FA if they so choose. The odds are just as good as with Kirk Cousins one of Daks football brothers in average qb’ing until the deal is actually signed not just hot air talking.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
EVERYONE knows a franchise tag can be rescinded, but that's not even a consideration NOW for Prescott. WHY would the Cowboys rescind his tag when Jerry, Stephen, McCarthy and Nussmieir have all said Prescott is their future QB and rescinding the tag leaving Prescott free to negotiate with any team? That makes ZERO sense.
You’re too naive or worse smh. You believe everything anybody says? If you don’t spare me the well Jerry and them said blah blah blah bs

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The chances are less than zero that Jerry and/or Stephen won;t get a long term contract worked out before the start of free agency in 2021. To WASTE a team's 1st round pick on a QB when the people that matter, the Cowboys, believe they have their future QB already. What we the fans think means absolutely nothing.

It’s laughable that any fan would start a thread asking if it would make sense to take the fourth rated QB with our first pick when we’re working on a contract extension with our franchise QB and have them locked up under the franchise tag for 2020.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The logic is Dak isn’t that good but I’m sure them big numbers out of context make you think you’re correct but I disagree. Against better teams that you need to play against to win it all he’s stats aren’t good. Hes also not a good qb as far as throwing the ball but again I’m sure you’ll give me some out of context stats to disagree. That’s all good but Dak isn’t good enough to not think about drafting a first rd qb. Do y’all not know how the FT works? Until he signs Dak is not locked into anything and the Cowboys could make him a FA if they so choose. The odds are just as good as with Kirk Cousins one of Daks football brothers in average qb’ing until the deal is actually signed not just hot air talking.

I’m not about to waste my time with another Dak hater. lol I made my point.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Again you say that there is actually a chance that the Cowboys would rescind the tag on Prescott - utter foolishness. Cousins was traded AFTER the second year in a row of getting tagged which pushed his automatic salary higher than any reasonable offer the skins made. He was released and the vikings signed him. Now why Cousin's contract is used as examples is it is fully guaranteed which the vikings have continually questioned for doing that.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You’re too naive or worse smh. You believe everything anybody says? If you don’t spare me the well Jerry and them said blah blah blah bs

I'm not sure if you're on drugs or you comment from a padded cell or just a Prescott hater, but those are the ONLY explanations why anyone would actually think the Cowboys for even the tiniest split second would consider rescinding their tag on Prescott leaving him free to negotiate with any team.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I’m not about to waste my time with another Dak hater. lol I made my point.
Like I said you people are silly and cant function outside of your circle jerk because you have nothing to stand on. You’ve made no point but you people love claiming victory when their was no fight to even claim victory on

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Again you say that there is actually a chance that the Cowboys would rescind the tag on Prescott - utter foolishness. Cousins was traded AFTER the second year in a row of getting tagged which pushed his automatic salary higher than any reasonable offer the skins made. He was released and the vikings signed him. Now why Cousin's contract is used as examples is it is fully guaranteed which the vikings have continually questioned for doing that.
Again I say you’re just not a very capable reader. When you learn how to read quote me again but until then use this time to learn how to read with understanding.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Like I said you people are silly and cant function outside of your circle jerk because you have nothing to stand on. You’ve made no point but you people love claiming victory when their was no fight to even claim victory on

You're right there is no winning over a mentally challenged person. There should just be pity for them and hope they get some help. Pleas get some help.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
The Steelers never rescinded the tag. Bell just never signed it, sat out the whole year with no pay, and the Steelers got a cap credit after every game he missed.

I suppose semantics would be they never reapplied the tag at the beginning of the next offseason as it was still considered a first time tag because he held out

by rescind I mean not rolling it over

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you're on drugs or you comment from a padded cell or just a Prescott hater, but those are the ONLY explanations why anyone would actually think the Cowboys for even the tiniest split second would consider rescinding their tag on Prescott leaving him free to negotiate with any team.
Yep the ole I don’t kiss Daks behind I’m a hater from the Dak grown man groupie crew. Again person with lack of reading skills learn how to read and your questions would be answered but you obviously are too emotional and it is messing with your ability to read with understanding.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Again I say you’re just not a very capable reader. When you learn how to read quote me again but until then use this time to learn how to read with understanding.

Your direct quote "You do know until Dak sings the tag it can be rescinded?" Next time remember what you write when you make your comments.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You're right there is no winning over a mentally challenged person. There should just be pity for them and hope they get some help. Pleas get some help.
Yep I’m mentally challenged according to you but reality doesn’t agree so I’ll just say eh to those claims.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Your direct quote "You do know until Dak sings the tag it can be rescinded?" Next time remember what you write when you make your comments.
Stay off the crack groupie. Maybe English isn’t your first language because nothing you posted is any smoking gun to what I posted previously. Learn to read with understanding or improve your English comp if you’re esol.

Edit: I don’t feel like going back and forth in this thread more than we have so if you still need to get your Dak defense team on pm me or I’m not clogging up the thread with this anymore.