Does the Lombardi look different this year?

leeblair

Reaction score
The Cowboys are at 4-2, and I am certain some fans and players have already accepted this year's Lombardi.
Does it look any different?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
fail-everywhere.jpg

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Every year about this time the Cowboys seem to have already accepted the Super Bowl Trophy.
Somehow it's not there in February.
What prompted this thread? Cowboys fans don't expect to win the Super Bowl every year. It's a bullcrap narrative. We win a road game to get back on track and you come up with this. OK.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
What prompted this thread? Cowboys fans don't expect to win the Super Bowl every year. It's a bullcrap narrative. We win a road game to get back on track and you come up with this. OK.

Yup, it's a narrative that is used to make us seem annoying when I'm not sure many if any Cowboys fans expect to win the SB. Obviously, we WANT to win it. But wanting and expecting are different things.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
After the first two games, there were a lot of fans thinking the Cowboys were headed for the Super Bowl. One fan predicted the Cowboys would go 17-0. :rolleyes: I asked if he was joking and he said nope! A lot of fans got carried away with those blowout wins thinking this was a DOMINATE Cowboys team. I can’t remember fans going that overboard after only two games. The defense was being compared to the 85 Bears and the Legion of Boom. The Arizona game was a rude awakening for a lot of fans as was the San Francisco debacle. A lot of chest pounding fans got slapped hard with reality.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After the first two games, there were a lot of fans thinking the Cowboys were headed for the Super Bowl. One fan predicted the Cowboys would go 17-0. :rolleyes: I asked if he was joking and he said nope! A lot of fans got carried away with those blowout wins thinking this was a DOMINATE Cowboys team. I can’t remember fans going that overboard after only two games. The defense was being compared to the 85 Bears and the Legion of Boom. The Arizona game was a rude awakening for a lot of fans as was the San Francisco debacle. A lot of chest pounding fans got slapped hard with reality.
Believe it or not, it isn't unique to Cowboys fans. All fans do it after a little success. It's a false narrative that only Cowboys fans dream about / talk about the Super Bowl. It was never true.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Believe it or not, it isn't unique to Cowboys fans. All fans do it after a little success. It's a false narrative that only Cowboys fans dream about / talk about the Super Bowl. It was never true.

Exactly, the only fanbase that I know of that doesn't do it after a little success is Browns fans. However, just about every fanbase, especially if they're having a great season, starts doing this. Every fanbase wants one. The only fanbase that I know of that expects one now is KC.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
It does look different this year. It is now called the trans Lombardi. Comes with a rainbow fedora.