Does this have the makings for a trap game?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Crap game, maybe
LOL -- at first, I though you meant to say trap, until I realized the "C" made it way different.:thumbup:
Crap for their fans sounds about right, though -- even though I'll be planning on enjoying it! :muttley:

Last edited:
Reactions: G2

Flamma

Reaction score
Oh lord.

If the "impossible" happens on Sunday. This place will be going bezerk. lol.

Everyone will want everybody fired. Hhaha..

No, I don't see Dallas Losing, but, never say never..

Totally has a trap game feel.

If Dallas loses I'm going straight to sleep. These Dolphins are putting a preseason team out there.

Silly

Reaction score
No trap game. The dolphins looked like they were in preseason speed playing the pats.

Flamma

Reaction score
I'm actually going to be watching the game with a Dolphins fan. We have a bet every year on which teams has the better record. I won last year by 3 games, so I owe him 3 games this year. So in order for me to win this year Dallas has to overcome the 3 games, which I believe they will. The problem is next year. If Miami goes 1-15 and Dallas 12-4, I'd owe him 11 games next year. :)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I would hope this team is mature enough not to fall into a trap game. It falls to the coaches to prevent a trap game. Hell I would work the team harder leading up to a game like Miami than say New Orleans because it is not hard to get the team up for NO it can be hard to get them up for the Dolphins

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Does this have the makings for a trap game?
iu

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm actually going to be watching the game with a Dolphins fan. We have a bet every year on which teams has the better record. I won last year by 3 games, so I owe him 3 games this year. So in order for me to win this year Dallas has to overcome the 3 games, which I believe they will. The problem is next year. If Miami goes 1-15 and Dallas 12-4, I'd owe him 11 games next year. :)

I wouldn't be surprised if you still managed to win next year, anyway, despite the possible disadvantage!

bandfan

Reaction score
I think it would be a great opportunity to give the 2nd team the first half and see what they could do with it. If it's bad just go back to starters....

Cydios

Reaction score
I think it can be. Taco might be sharing a secret or 2

Them

Reaction score
(...pppfffttt...it's only a trap if they fall for it!...Don't worry , Dallas is at home with their guard up!...:thumbup: (ps...Taco may serve a purpose after all...lol...But Miami will still have to execute.)

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Not seeing the Cowboys losing the game? Yeah, it's totally a trap. The Cowboys can not afford to go into this game with the attitude that they can not lose this game and Garrett would never allow that to happen. That is one of the great things about our HC, he will never let the players think they can give less than their best effort against any opponent.

This is a Zeke game more in line with what we were used to seeing from the Cowboys offense last season. As long as the defense can do their part, the Cowboys should have no problem getting the win. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys don't cover the spread but then again they may double it.
Bottom line... Cowboys win if they treat the Miami team like the Dolphins rather than the Hurricanes.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Anytime you play a dreadful opponent that’s winless and you’re undefeated there’s a tendency to not prepare thoroughly like you would for a formidable opponent. I would be more concerned about this game if it was in week 8 or week 13 because that’s when you can easily be lulled asleep. The fact that this game is early in the season should keep us motivated at least I would hope.

Fire407

Reaction score
The Dolphins management and their fans would be pissed if the Dolphins were somehow able to win this game.

Big_D

Reaction score
If they lose, every coach needs to be fired on the spot.