Does this make the Bears better than us?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Clearly you missed the point. But i wil indeed, carry on. Certainly not going to break any rules debating this nonsense with you.

OK, so you admit being Ronnie Wrong and I am Ray Right.
thank you for being cervel in the dialogue.

JBS

Reaction score
Yup. The Bears are better people than us...no question

Too bad they suck at football

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Item:

CNN)The Chicago Bears fired defensive end Ray McDonald on Monday after his arrest on domestic violence and child endangerment charges in Santa Clara, California.

Fired him AFTER HIS ARREST. Not after a conviction. Not after the courts half wound their way with an abuser. Not after the case half been rendered moot.

But after an arrest.

So Jerra go out and sign up questionable mens, no matter that a batterer's victim did not show up to testify. he sign up Josh Brent brent, no matter that a young mans is dead because Brent was drinking AND speeding.
He sign up those on the margins of the law. (And some here half raised the spectre of Rice and A Peterson playing for us. Someone hold mein hair while I barf.)

Is this what we want?

If this season go bad and we dont make the playoff, will it half been worth it? To Play with marginal characters -- the gamut from a alleged batterer to a mans who half smoked muggles in college?

If we win a Lombardini in 2016, will it sit in a trophy case with as much honor as our other Lombardini trophies.

I say (and it's too late because Jerra half already signed them) but I would really like to root for mein team in the future who use good characters with good character than get by with those who do not respect women and the law. We half little children looking up to athletes. we owe them better.

McDonald has has 4 incidents, Hardy had 1.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yeah, the same with govment. even if the officials are charlatans and they do a good job is say keep them. if they cheat on wives, take payoffs and go back on their words as long as they cut mein taxes and keep beer cheap. Yeah, i close mein eyes to the inequities of character. Who care about character? Who care about integritty when we can get by on image and the ability to do a job no matter how besmirched the soul and character be. (No, that is not your mind playing tricks there IS a chorus singing the Battle Hum of the Republican because mein stance is morally right.)

hey, sleep well, buddy. The world is gray but in your view it is all good.

Football is entertainment.

If you want to get on a moral high id try watching something else that didn't involve a bunch of 20-30 year olds that are millionaires because you'll be disappointed.

USMarineVet

Reaction score
I would never call a team better than any other team due to the actions of one, a couple or even a few individuals. These players are young and make mistakes as we all have. Add in stardom and a heap of quick cash and a lot can go wrong.

If the Cowboys didn't have a support system in place for players who need guidance to stay out of trouble, then I would say yes. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. It's difficult for me to discredit an organization as a whole because of the actions of one, or a few.

If anything, not only are the Cowboys (and other teams) institutions that can fiscally set up a player for life and give them star power, but they also take steps to help these young men out with their social issues which is equally important going forward in life.

dallasdave

Reaction score
I would never call a team better than any other team due to the actions of one, a couple or even a few individuals. These players are young and make mistakes as we all have. Add in stardom and a heap of quick cash and a lot can go wrong.

If the Cowboys didn't have a support system in place for players who need guidance to stay out of trouble, then I would say yes. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. It's difficult for me to discredit an organization as a whole because of the actions of one, or a few.

If anything, not only are the Cowboys (and other teams) institutions that can fiscally set up a player for life and give them star power, but they also take steps to help these young men out with their social issues which is equally important going forward in life.

That, was well said indeed sir.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
All I can say is that I am a little tired of the NFL being a platform for broader social issues.

At least back in the day, you could just call a player who could not stay out of trouble stupid and move on without things like Twitter outrage.

It's as if the NFL season is supposed to be the punishment arm of the criminal justice system.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
so brents back on the team?

No, read the Daily Bugle. he half retired but Brent was used to make a larger point about how we sacrifice our integrity for the illusion of making a team better.
btw: when it was announced the bears had let that miscreant go, a fellow player, a lineman, remarked "Good riddance." that type of player understand character. I wish others wood.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Item:

CNN)The Chicago Bears fired defensive end Ray McDonald on Monday after his arrest on domestic violence and child endangerment charges in Santa Clara, California.

Fired him AFTER HIS ARREST. Not after a conviction. Not after the courts half wound their way with an abuser. Not after the case half been rendered moot.

But after an arrest.

So Jerra go out and sign up questionable mens, no matter that a batterer's victim did not show up to testify. he sign up Josh Brent brent, no matter that a young mans is dead because Brent was drinking AND speeding.
He sign up those on the margins of the law. (And some here half raised the spectre of Rice and A Peterson playing for us. Someone hold mein hair while I barf.)

Is this what we want?

If this season go bad and we dont make the playoff, will it half been worth it? To Play with marginal characters -- the gamut from a alleged batterer to a mans who half smoked muggles in college?

If we win a Lombardini in 2016, will it sit in a trophy case with as much honor as our other Lombardini trophies.

I say (and it's too late because Jerra half already signed them) but I would really like to root for mein team in the future who use good characters with good character than get by with those who do not respect women and the law. We half little children looking up to athletes. we owe them better.

Everybody has their own moral standards:

Mine:
1. I consider people with extremely poor spelling and grammar as evil.
2. I consider people that try to be funny repeatedly but that are not funny to be evil.

I believe that evil should be exterminated from the world.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Everybody has their own moral standards:

Mine:
1. I consider people with extremely poor spelling and grammar as evil.
2. I consider people that try to be funny repeatedly but that are not funny to be evil.

I believe that evil should be exterminated from the world.

Well aren't you a beam of sunlight. thanks for illuminating the conversation.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, read the Daily Bugle. he half retired but Brent was used to make a larger point about how we sacrifice our integrity for the illusion of making a team better.
btw: when it was announced the bears had let that miscreant go, a fellow player, a lineman, remarked "Good riddance." that type of player understand character. I wish others wood.
I can't stand the Bugle. Spider-Man this. Spider-Man that. It is a really slanted publication.