Does this team really want a good running attack?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Pretty simple every team should want to help their QB, and this is one of the easiest ways, a sound OL is at the top! With that said for this team, would this team rather see the ball in Daks hands or him handing it off 20 times a game, and having him throw it less during games??

I'd honestly say they probably feel now and going forward that they want the ball in Daks hands. It's good he's taking off and running, so I guess that's a part of the run game in itself. What are your thoughts on this ..?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Pollard has had a lot of good runs, but it's obvious that this team doesn't have as good of a running game as it did in 2016. I thought that Luebke was helping us in the short-yardage situations until he fumbled. Maybe he, and other backs, could help this running game. I don't think they should put the entire thing on Pollard.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Pollard has had a lot of good runs, but it's obvious that this team doesn't have as good of a running game as it did in 2016. I thought that Luebke was helping us in the short-yardage situations until he fumbled. Maybe he, and other backs, could help this running game. I don't think they should put the entire thing on Pollard.
Yeah but they tied their hands to him with that$10 million I feel

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I get flamed on here repeatedly for suggesting this...but Im going to do it again....

Im waiting until after the playoffs to judge our team.

Things get harder in the Playoffs...but teams arent holding things back. IMO, teams show their whole hand in the playoffs. We dont know if teams have been holding things back in the Regular Season.

Example: I dont think we see a lot of hand offs to Pollard where he runs into the back of Biadze(sp) for no gain like we see often in the Regular Season.

I dont know about the Packers run Defense. It might be stout and hard to run against. But...I think we see a better run game than most think we have in the Playoffs. At least more polished and not zero gain runs up the middle routinely.

Maybe we are just trash at blocking. Im just hoping that Dallas is saving something for Playoffs since they have known for a while they were getting in.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Pretty simple every team should want to help their QB, and this is one of the easiest ways, a sound OL is at the top! With that said for this team, would this team rather see the ball in Daks hands or him handing it off 20 times a game, and having him throw it less during games??

I'd honestly say they probably feel now and going forward that they want the ball in Daks hands. It's good he's taking off and running, so I guess that's a part of the run game in itself. What are your thoughts on this ..?
yes. it helps greatly. it opens up the passing game. just look at SF.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
yes. it helps greatly. it opens up the passing game. just look at SF.
No. This is backwards.

Good offenses in today's league throw to open the run. That is true for SF as well, like it or not. They do not get the numbers advantages in the run game that they get without having such terrific receiving talen.t

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I get flamed on here repeatedly for suggesting this...but Im going to do it again....

Things get harder in the Playoffs...but teams arent holding things back. IMO, teams show their whole hand in the playoffs. We dont know if teams have been holding things back in the Regular Season.

Example: I dont think we see a lot of hand offs to Pollard where he runs into the back of Biadze(sp) for no gain like we see often in the Regular Season.

I dont know about the Packers run Defense. It might be stout and hard to run against. But...I think we see a better run game than most think we have in the Playoffs. At least more polished and not zero gain runs up the middle routinely.

Maybe we are just trash at blocking. Im just hoping that Dallas is saving something for Playoffs since they have known for a while they were getting in.
I can maybe see it your way, but it's kind of hard. It baffles me to think that we'd be showing our best just because it's the playoffs, what about making it to the playoffs and using your best

THen on the other hand maybe we might see more of a better effort to run the ball. You see in certain games plays change up and the running becomes a bit more effective, so we'll see both ways. I'm a guy of compromise, i'm willing to look at your way a bit!!

JBS

Reaction score

You got flamed for good reason. If you are expecting things to magically change in the postseason for the better , you are in for a rude awakening. That’s not how this works and it’s naive on multiple levels to believe so

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I can maybe see it your way, but it's kind of hard. It baffles me to think that we'd be showing our best just because it's the playoffs, what about making it to the playoffs and using your best

THen on the other hand maybe we might see more of a better effort to run the ball. You see in certain games plays change up and the running becomes a bit more effective, so we'll see both ways. I'm a guy of compromise, i'm willing to look at your way a bit!!
Here is the thing...even Kellen Moore has said in pressers that teams hold back and dont show their full hand until playoffs.

Yet...everyone on this board says im nuts for suggesting teams hold things back for playoffs.

Which is it?

I think the Offense has some blocking schemes they havent showed for run game. I think the Offense has some plays they havent shown on tape that they think can get chunk yardage. I think the Offense has some razzle dazzle plays if they need them.

I think the Defense has some tricks up their sleeve that they havent shown on tape. Some blitz packages. Some secondary schemes that they hope to confuse QB with.

Sure...they probably dont have a full games worth of plays....but they have a few they can use here and there...and that stuff adds up and can lead to beating teams like San Fran when we are not supposed to beat them.

Sure...some thing might have to pan out of said plays for them to work...but thats why you dont just have one or two plays....you have a multiple that you hope at least a couple work if you need them.

I think Playoffs present a more polished product than regular season in all sports.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
You got flamed for good reason. If you are expecting things to magically change in the postseason for the better , you are in for a rude awakening. That’s not how this works and it’s naive on multiple levels to believe so
Here is thing though...

How come baseball is a more polished product in post season? Same with NBA.

How come armies dont just go nuke each other right off the bat?

How come its well known in breakdancing you dont show your best moves until the end?

How come in comedy roasts they dont do their best jokes until the end?

Just give a reasonable answer why Football is different? And explain why Kellen Moore has refused to answer certain questions and stated its because they dont show full hand?

Can you explain without dancing around it or wordsmithing? Because I think my suggestion about teams not showing full hand seems more reasonable than posters who claim that in a multibillion dollar industry that strategy isnt a thing.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Yeah, fans get caught up in expecting things to magically change every year for the playoffs and it rarely happens. Teams stick with what got them there. Last year it was the just wait until they unleash Turpin for the playoffs.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Improve the OL and you improve the run game and the passing game. All three are better when the other parts are strong.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Here is the thing...even Kellen Moore has said in pressers that teams hold back and dont show their full hand until playoffs.

Yet...everyone on this board says im nuts for suggesting teams hold things back for playoffs.

Which is it?

I think the Offense has some blocking schemes they havent showed for run game. I think the Offense has some plays they havent shown on tape that they think can get chunk yardage. I think the Offense has some razzle dazzle plays if they need them.

I think the Defense has some tricks up their sleeve that they havent shown on tape. Some blitz packages. Some secondary schemes that they hope to confuse QB with.

Sure...they probably dont have a full games worth of plays....but they have a few they can use here and there...and that stuff adds up and can lead to beating teams like San Fran when we are not supposed to beat them.

Sure...some thing might have to pan out of said plays for them to work...but thats why you dont just have one or two plays....you have a multiple that you hope at least a couple work if you need them.

I think Playoffs present a more polished product than regular season in all sports.
Hey hey hey i'm not mad at ya man, I would love to see something different and things actually work and can get us far in the playoffs. With that said, I just hope we block well, execute well etc! Hey i'm happy at the possibilities of what you're saying!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Yeah, fans get caught up in expecting things to magically change every year for the playoffs and it rarely happens. Teams stick with what got them there. Last year it was the just wait until they unleash Turpin for the playoffs.
Need to get him involved early, have him go off in the playoffs and USE him during the season as well

foofighters

Reaction score

No. Why would they??

:facepalm: