Does Tony Romo need somebody to get in his face?

Wood

Reaction score
Getting in Romo face at this stage is just silly. He might be giving you everything he has now. This is an old player.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Romo had a bad, bad game. Last year he threw 31 TDs to 10 INTs - a ratio more indicative of his career stat line. I view this game as one of those aberrant Romo performances that get all the attention despite being the exception rather than the rule. But suit yourself.

pacboyX

Reaction score
Romo had a bad, bad game. Last year he threw 31 TDs to 10 INTs - a ratio more indicative of his career stat line. I view this game as one of those aberrant Romo performances that get all the attention despite being the exception rather than the rule. But suit yourself.

True but these werent pressured passes when he was trying to force something for a win. These were early game poor choices that a 34yr old nfl vet should not be making. Running the ball on early goal line situations is not that hard of choices. Hes out of the loop right now and to expect him to take us to the promised land after those choices..is kinda far fetched. I know we have him signed til hes 80 so im just hoping for him to get his back broken n an early retirement lol.

dupree89

Reaction score
IMO....he needs a good old tongue lashing..

unfortunately, that's not how pro sports work in 2014. Rarely is a player ever called out, rarely do you hear that one gets chewed out. Players are far too sensitive today and they also have too much power. Most coaching staffs know that the player will be there longer than they will be.

50cent

Reaction score
Add this to that conversation:

Bryant: Romo, dude, just hand off the ball. Don't get *ucking cute. Our line's been handling them all day. They got this. Don't *ucking audible.
Williams: He's Right. Let's ram it down their throats.
Witten: I got the block. Let's run it.

It needs to be all 10 other players that buy in. not just the OL
You had me until you mentioned Witten. He's riding with Romo and the pass all day. I still like 9 vs 2 though. And both of you are exactly right, Murray as well the Oline need to speak out vs passing within the 5, especially on first and 2nd downs.

50cent

Reaction score
For those that think Romo is beyond approach are wrong. There's no other QB more untouchable than Brady and Manning. Yet I recall.a classic NFL highlight in which Manning got into a sideline altercation with starting center (name slips me right now) about needing to run more. Later Manning would say that he was right. Romo has to be approached about all.of these audibles to passes and who better than the RB or a member of the OLine?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Tony Romo, warts and all, is a good player and a good man. He's a teamer first, in final judgments.

A picture of the antithesis of Tony, is former Cowboy Ryan Leaf...who just got a new five year prison sentence handed him.

Boyz981

Reaction score

I honestly hope so .. this is just one game. He has always bounced back from a stinker. Maybe he will string some good games together. But I still think somebody should be getting after him from time to time.

kimrose

Reaction score
I can't get mad or hate on Romo like I used to, (not yet this season, anyway) because this really could be it for him, given his age and back issues, and as bad as he did, I felt bad for him, looking at it from a human standpoint, BUT that being said....if he doesn't stop yelling at and blaming his teammates for his bad game, one of them are gonna be getting up in his face! lol