Does Tony Romo need somebody to get in his face?

Boyz981

Reaction score
IMO....he needs a good old tongue lashing. I have yet to see anybody on the staff get after him for a few years now. He needs a wake up call.. I don't care if has lost a little zip.. he should still be able to make the reads. With this Oline (Which will be getter better as time goes) He can just drive the bus so to speak.

Gridiron Man

"I AM GRIDIRON MAN"
Reaction score
With this Oline (Which will be getter better as time goes) He can just drive the bus so to speak.

This would be perhaps the first season in years where we could say this. Seems like the people "getting up in his face", were the opposing defenses. Now that he is all beat up, we finally decided to get him an offensive line. Now that we have awarded him this luxury, we can afford to not give him a defense that will require that we lean on him for 400+ yard aerial attacks. I doubt he gets the running game he desperately needs, we wont have time for running the ball when we are constantly playing catchup..

Ya, I'd say we need to get all up in his face for letting us down. Perhaps he should be all up in the face of the organization for not fielding a well-balanced team. The guy deserves more.

cowboyz

Reaction score
What he needs is parcels to tell tony to get the ball out quick. Either take off, or throw it away. He started off putting fear on defenses like Wilson/luck. Now he's getting fooled by defenses. And he's hesitating.

He doesn't have the arm of roethlisberger to hang in the pocket and chuck down field throws.

Dodger12

Reaction score
IMO....he needs a good old tongue lashing. I have yet to see anybody on the staff get after him for a few years now. He needs a wake up call.. I don't care if has lost a little zip.. he should still be able to make the reads. With this Oline (Which will be getter better as time goes) He can just drive the bus so to speak.

It's too late for that. Romo, like any other good player to improve, needed good coaching. We (and Romo) needed that when Parcells left. Wade realized the team needed help on the offensive side of the ball and tried to bring in Dan Reeves but that was shot down. Garrett had no credibility as a coach and then end result is what we've seen on the field the last few years.

Did you see that look on Garrett's face towards the end of the game on Sunday? That was a guy who knew his money train (Romo) had left the station and he's in some deep crap.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Where I fault Jones is he let the team get old on him
and couldn't put out all the fires. That lays at bad drafting
and crap contracts. trying to catch up. Now we have a aging QB and time in conflict.
It may work out if Romo can be effective for three more years.

waving monkey

Reaction score
It's too late for that. Romo, like any other good player to improve, needed good coaching. We (and Romo) needed that when Parcells left. Wade realized the team needed help on the offensive side of the ball and tried to bring in Dan Reeves but that was shot down. Garrett had no credibility as a coach and then end result is what we've seen on the field the last few years.

Did you see that look on Garrett's face towards the end of the game on Sunday? That was a guy who knew his money train (Romo) had left the station and he's in some deep crap.

for sundasy's game ,yes

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What he needs is parcels to tell tony to get the ball out quick. Either take off, or throw it away. He started off putting fear on defenses like Wilson/luck. Now he's getting fooled by defenses. And he's hesitating.

He doesn't have the arm of roethlisberger to hang in the pocket and chuck down field throws.

I've always wondered where Tony would be now if Parcells had stayed around. It just felt like Parcells abandoned Romo after the bobbled snap. I know that's not what really happened, but it's sad that that's the last thing Romo did under Parcells. I bet Romo would've loved a chance to make it up to BP who would've been a great influence on him while he was still developing.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wade Wilson has been a joke, and yes, the cowboys have wee weed away Tony's best years. No need to get into Tony's face(except for audibles) Tony tried to do what Linehans offense does, throws down the middle late and let Megatron make a play. Sadly as everybody saw, Tony can't get a ball deep without it looking like a punt, and that cannot work. Tony is 9 months out from surgery, he is in pain, it isn't going to "heal" anymore. It is what it is. We need to do our best to make the offense Romo friendly.

cej757

Reaction score
That's why I don't want my Head Coach and My Qb being boys hanging out like they're best friends. Romo and Garrett go to basketball games together like they're teammates instead of coach and player. Garrett will never get on Tony like that on the sidelines or bench him if he screws up.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
That's why I don't want my Head Coach and My Qb being boys hanging out like they're best friends. Romo and Garrett go to basketball games together like they're teammates instead of coach and player. Garrett will never get on Tony like that on the sidelines or bench him if he screws up.

Exactly right. That kind of relationship between a player and coach ash some really positive things and some negative. This is one of the negatives.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score

This.

visionary

Reaction score

I fear you may be correct

Brooksey

Reaction score

Yes.

slomoxn

Reaction score

Lol, there were people that got in his face , they were labeled malcontents, released and the more "Romo Friendly" era began.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
So, you people are saying Wade Wilson, Scott Linehan and Jason Garrett are not getting through to him?

If the messages are being sent then Jerruh is intercepting them. It's very clear he (Jerry "The GM" Jones) wants to get the most out of his boy; he has carte blanche to do what he wants with the offense and I am assuming that means changing plays at his discretion at the LOS.

Jerry Jones wants TR to be his Peytlon Manning; he has stated it throughout the past year. Problem is: Tony Romo is no Peyton Manning and he never will be in this lifetime. If anyone is trying to reel Tony in, then Jerry is constantly cutting the line.