Doesn’t anyone have some inside information ensuring us Garrett is definitely out as HC!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No one has a friend, relative, neighbor, mailman, barber, etc. who has hard evidence that Garrett is definitely being released as HC?

What about you Dallas fans in the Dallas/Fort Worth Area?

I need good news soon! 10 years with Garrett was Ground Hog day. Day after day after day after day after day, etc. Always mediocrity!!!

He is gone. There is absolutely NO WAY he remains as HC. If anything, Jones may try to give him some kind of desk job. But I highly doubt that as well.

If Garrett had ANY stones or confidence in his abilities, he would be ripe and chomping at the bit to prove himself working as HC for another franchise without the constraints of a meddling Jerry.

However, its obvious he knows that he is a complete fraud and is afraid to venture out beyond the cozy protection of Dallas.

khiladi

Reaction score
Jerry, Stephen n Jason are the only ones in the meetings, reportedly, so that triangle is too tight for leaks.

Just gotta wait it out and hope Stephen gets his way.

Stephen loves Jason, probably more than Jerry.

khiladi

Reaction score
Here is what we have been told:
Garret told the coaches not under contract they are free to seek employment elsewhere.
Garrett said his goodbyes at the Frisco facility.

I think Jerry and Garrett are negotiating a golden parachute to keep Garret out of the Division.

You mean that is how they will sell it, when in reality it’s Jerry just giving his kid some major allowance money after feeling bad for ‘spanking’ his kid.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
One of the reporters that I saw speculating said something like "if they were working on a contract extension an agent would be involved and it would leak". So no news is probably good news.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
One of the reporters that I saw speculating said something like "if they were working on a contract extension an agent would be involved and it would leak". So no news is probably good news.

Not to mention, they would be calling around trying to put together a staff and since that involves a bunch of people outside the circle, it would leak instantly. I think it’s vary safe to assume they are not discussing a new deal and staff for Garrett. What is actually happening is anyone’s guess but my money is on Jones using the 14 extra days to convince Jason to accept a new role and then trying to convince the next coach to accept Jason in that role. They may be having a hard time finding a coach they like that is willing to have Garrett in the building in any capacity at all.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
They're like family though. A handshake deal would probably be all it would take. Do it formerly later.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
This is getting into the "Who shot JR" saga. We wait in suspense....

No different that free agency. They refuse to play by other’s rules or conventional wisdom. Jerry thinks he’s smarter than everyone and doesn’t care if people disagree. He does it his way and probably always will.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
They're like family though. A handshake deal would probably be all it would take. Do it formerly later.

They could have done that already then if he was coming back as HC. Then why all of the meetings? I'm not convinced. Heck I'm worried but that's the logic that makes sense to me.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
No different that free agency. They refuse to play by other’s rules or conventional wisdom. Jerry thinks he’s smarter than everyone and doesn’t care if people disagree. He does it his way and probably always will.
just a stubborn old wildcatter to the bitter end