Doesn't Terrell Remind You Of Leon?...

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
I like Terrel Owens. I think he's hilarious. I crack up at how worked up people get over him and how he pushes people's buttons the way Mohammed Ali used to. He reminds me of Apollo Creed. When he was working out on his bench press and answering questions at the same time, that was something straight out of what a villian would do in a Rocky movie.
Now there's a comparison I just can't see. By any stretch.

Ali was bright, articulate, and he STOOD for something, unpopular stands or not. He pushed buttons by design, and had the charisma and eloquence to win folks over. He was handsome, brash in a positive sense, and used 'psychological warfare' against his opponents with considerable success. More than just a cultural icon, his historical significance outweighs even Ruth's, and perhaps Robinson's.

TO is a walking disaster. Controlled by his own impulses, and dumb as dirt in the sense that his responses are similar to a two year olds' egocentism. The lack of emotional self control is unnerving, and diametrically opposed to Ali's
usually well planned out statements and course of action. Instead of Ali's charisma laced with calculation, TO gives off nutcase vibes.

Heavy nutcase vibes.

Unfortunately, Owens is not starring in a Rocky movie.

He's made himself the villian in his own unintelligently lived life.