Doesn't Terrell Remind You Of Leon?...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Deacon Moss said:
actually no...T.O. is'nt even in the top 10 salary wise as receivers go, but he did sign the deal after the NFLPA told him not to!!!

And from what I understand he has'nt even gotten all of his signing bonus yet.

First, TO wasn't in the top 10 PRODUCTION wise last year... he was 23rd in receptions, 11th in receiving yards...

Second, I'm not sure that he wasn't in the top 10 salary wise... not when the figure for a franchise WR this year was just under 7.8 million, and Owens was making just under 7.0 mil per annum... of course, the franchise figure is the average of the 5 highest paid receivers in the league, which suggests that the 5th highest paid was making something under 7.5 million... so an average of just barely under 7.0 million would probably put him in the top 10...

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
silverbear said:
If I'm a GM, I'm gonna make a point of staying clear of any client of Drew Rosenhaus... there are enough good football players out there who aren't represented by slimeballs with no ethics whatsoever to build a solid team...

I agree...teams will be avoiding Rosenhaus and Poston clients like the plague

there's no proof, but I'm absolutely positive thats why Merriman pulled the flim flam he did with his agent (switched a few days after the draft to the Postons)...somebody can check to make sure, but I dont think our roster has one single Poston client and its been reported that had some impact on why Parcells and Jones didnt take S Jackson last yr...Merriman knew there's no way we'd have taken him with Poston as his agent.. fortunately for us his scheme backfired

David

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I like Terrel Owens. I think he's hilarious. I crack up at how worked up people get over him and how he pushes people's buttons the way Mohammed Ali used to. He reminds me of Apollo Creed. When he was working out on his bench press and answering questions at the same time, that was something straight out of what a villian would do in a Rocky movie.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jimz31 said:
I wouldn't be surprised if TO was the player that they made that character from.

I actually think that T.O. was the guy they modeled it after. I remember hearing something about that when the Ad started up. I think that the intent was to take elements from T.O. and Deion. That was before T.O. was even traded.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Erik_H said:
I actually think that T.O. was the guy they modeled it after. I remember hearing something about that when the Ad started up. I think that the intent was to take elements from T.O. and Deion. That was before T.O. was even traded.
I think they must have thrown in a little Randy Moss for good measure as well. But Leon is a trip and I love those commercials for the fact that they poke fun at guys like TO and Moss and I doubt that they even realize it. The guy quite unashamedly has absolutely NO redeeming qualities...Hmmm...That is JUST like TO.

Falcon

Reaction score
Bud Light has to have modeled Leon after TO. It is too close to the real thing to be an accident. If TO wants $$$, he should sue Bud. :D

(Unless he secretly sold the rights to Bud to use his personality as Leon). :D

aikemirv

Reaction score
Deacon Moss said:
actually no...T.O. is'nt even in the top 10 salary wise as receivers go, but he did sign the deal after the NFLPA told him not to!!!

That is his own fault, not the EAgles. TO is not one of the highest paid receivers because he is a cancer. It is his own fault, his own doing and he has no one to blame but himself.

Don't talk to me about what he should be getting, this is a supply and demand market, he is damaged goods and he got what he was worth, actually a lot more at this point, don't you think. With roster bonuses and salary he was scheduled to get 10 mill over the next 8 months, again he blew it and will not get that because his true character has come out.

Don't feel sorry for TO not getting his market value - he did get his market value - it is not based on talent alone!!!!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
I like Terrel Owens. I think he's hilarious. I crack up at how worked up people get over him and how he pushes people's buttons the way Mohammed Ali used to. He reminds me of Apollo Creed. When he was working out on his bench press and answering questions at the same time, that was something straight out of what a villian would do in a Rocky movie.

I am not sure how you are drawing this correlation with Muhamid Ali but I think there's a huge difference between Owens and Ali. Ali was a showman, that's true. He was ahead of his time in that respect. He was a pro athlete so I think you can say that there's a simularity there as well. He was a black male so again, simularity but I believe that's where it stops. Ali was a great man. I would never view what Owens is trying to do as great. That, of course, is just my opinion.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
I am not sure how you are drawing this correlation with Muhamid Ali but I think there's a huge difference between Owens and Ali. Ali was a showman, that's true. He was ahead of his time in that respect. He was a pro athlete so I think you can say that there's a simularity there as well. He was a black male so again, simularity but I believe that's where it stops. Ali was a great man. I would never view what Owens is trying to do as great. That, of course, is just my opinion.

Ali was also a boxer which has nothing to do with TEAM. Owens wants to be a 1 man show then go play a sport where you rely strictly on yourself and that is not football. For Owens to be successful many others have to do their job. Owens may have a legit complaint but he should have thought about that before signing the contact last year

Chuck 54

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:
...saw that comparison somewhere else and had to laugh. TO is absolutely Leon from the Bud Light commercials and Rosenhaus is an absolute caricature of every sleazy, slimeball, unscrupulous agent that has ever been imagined! :lmao:

No, but when he has his shirt off, those abs and biceps sure do remind me of David Boston...a failed steroid test would certainly explain both his body, speed, and recent behaviors.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
silverbear said:
If I'm a GM, I'm gonna make a point of staying clear of any client of Drew Rosenhaus... there are enough good football players out there who aren't represented by slimeballs with no ethics whatsoever to build a solid team...
I have a feeling that if this whole thing blows up in the face of T.O., we'll see the gradual disappearance of Drew Rosenhaus...all the agents who hate him and accuse him of stealing clients have to be laughing their behinds off right now...they're probably sending love letters to the Philly organization promising easy future negotiations if Philly continues to freeze T.O. and Rosenhaus.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:

I draw the correaltation in the depth of despise he draws out of people. There is almost a glossed over history of Ali today where Ali was a showman and people sometimes grew tired of his antics, but in the end everyone respected him as a man. But, really, a great majority of people absolutely hated Mohammed Ali with every ounce of their being. And he fed off of it, and it motivated him. And I think Ali was everybit the egomaniac that Owens is.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Ali was also a boxer which has nothing to do with TEAM. Owens wants to be a 1 man show then go play a sport where you rely strictly on yourself and that is not football. For Owens to be successful many others have to do their job. Owens may have a legit complaint but he should have thought about that before signing the contact last year

Ali for the most part was the first boxer to realize how much he could help his own finances by promoting the event with all of his bombastic comments and poetry and he certainly had a flair and gift of gab.

The difference in Terrell is he is a deeply bitter man who will never be happy no matter what he has, because it will never be enough. His negative, bitter feelings are genuine and his jealousy toward his teammates, (ie., Garcia and McNabb), is the stuff that wrecks the team concept necessary for success in a team sport. The guy is a genuine cancer.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:
Ali for the most part was the first boxer to realize how much he could help his own finances by promoting the event with all of his bombastic comments and poetry and he certainly had a flair and gift of gab.

The difference in Terrell is he is a deeply bitter man who will never be happy no matter what he has, because it will never be enough. His negative, bitter feelings are genuine and his jealousy toward his teammates, (ie., Garcia and McNabb), is the stuff that wrecks the team concept necessary for success in a team sport. The guy is a genuine cancer.

I agree, when Ali would bad mouth a guy like frazier who cared when TO bad mouths McNabb and has teammates questioning his desire to be there that becomes a problem.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
I draw the correaltation in the depth of despise he draws out of people. There is almost a glossed over history of Ali today where Ali was a showman and people sometimes grew tired of his antics, but in the end everyone respected him as a man. But, really, a great majority of people absolutely hated Mohammed Ali with every ounce of their being. And he fed off of it, and it motivated him. And I think Ali was everybit the egomaniac that Owens is.

People hated Ali because he was black. They hated him because he refused to go to Vietnam. They hated him because he was Muslim. They hated him because he was brash enough to stand up and say what he thought rather then just sit down and shut up. Ali did things for reasons I believe to be noble, in spirit. Not so with TO, IMO.

If your saying both were contraversial, I agree. I just think one was contraversial over important issues. One is contraversial over personal issues. Huge dividing line IMO.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
People hated Ali because he was black. They hated him because he refused to go to Vietnam. They hated him because he was Muslim. They hated him because he was brash enough to stand up and say what he thought rather then just sit down and shut up. Ali did things for reasons I believe to be noble, in spirit. Not so with TO, IMO.

If your saying both were contraversial, I agree. I just think one was contraversial over important issues. One is contraversial over personal issues. Huge dividing line IMO.

Agree that people hated Ali for those reasons, but Frazier hated him because Ali attacked him so personally about his looks and intelligence and called him an "Uncle Tom". All of that after Frazier had helped Ali and gave him $$ when he was broke and couldn't get a boxing license. Frazier was so incensed at the ridicule Ali paid him back with and how he humiliated him in the black community that before he entered the ring for Frazier vs. Ali I, he swore he would die in the ring if necessary.

I recently saw a documentary on their first fight and it was very enlightening.
Also, I saw the fight again after many years and Frazier clearly kicked Ali's butt that night. When you see that fight and then see the "Thrilla in Manila", you realize Frazier wasn't the same fighter. His skills and hand speed had deteriorated significantly in the 5 years between their first and their 3rd fight.

Ali was funny, but he wasn't the god people make him out to be.

Tricky-22

Git R Done
Reaction score
speedkilz88 said:
How did you lose so bad to the Cowboys this time Leon... uh T.O.?

1013_bs04.gif

There isn't a "I" in team T.O.

T.O. - There ain't no "we" neither.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Deacon Moss said:

If he would have played his game and kept his mouth shut he would have earned nearly 10million in the next 10 months.

Tell me ONE other WR in the league making near 10 million this season?

:rolleyes: