Dolphins fire HC Flores

T-RO

Reaction score
It was Ross the owner his fingerprints are all over the story.

Don't think that's entirely right. This, from nfl.com

"Palpable frustration and tension between Flores and general manager Chris Grier essentially boiled over with Flores' firing, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday, with Ross choosing his head of player personnel over the coach his team once selected to attempt to lead the Dolphins out of the darkness that was the end of the Adam Gase era."​

Grier22.jpg

Dolphins GM Chris Grier

RonWashington

Reaction score
Yeah what I read was Ross the owner was not “ happy “ with the communication between Front office & Coaching staff …” ultimately it was Ross the owners call to fire Flores. A really dumb move .

The team the Dolphins have to have parity with the Bills & Pats have stability down at the coaching level . Not firing every 36 months or so . Flores 4-2 against New England in three years , your competing with the top of your division .

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If this was thier intent they should've fired him after his slow start. He turns around and wins what 8 out of 9, and then you chose to fire him? Lol

He will get another shot. He's shown he deserves the opportunity.
Yeah, gotta be a preset agenda or behind the scenes dynamics after 8 of 9 wins.

Reactions: CWR

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

This, added to Ross saying he'll leave to QB decision up to the next coach, tells me they are going hard after Watson. I would think Quinn and Pederson would top their list......