Dolphins lose 1st and 3rd round pick for tampering with Tom Brady

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
People ask how we could have a worse GM than Jerry. At least we haven't forfeited any first round picks.

One might argue, with the outcome of the Cooper tenure here in Dallas, and his being jettisoned in the way they handled it, that first round pick used for Cooper could be seen as lost.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
One might argue, with the outcome of the Cooper tenure here in Dallas, and his being jettisoned in the way they handled it, that first round pick used for Cooper could be seen as lost.
One could argue that, if they don't think it was worth having him here for as long as he was. But any team that has a first round pick that never sees a SB with that team could make the same argument.

Reactions: G2

Motorola

Reaction score
I was just about to say that.
Miami:
- Trying to talk to Brady while he's under contract
- Selects Tua over Herbert when the coach wanted the later.
- Fired coach says owner wanted him to throw games.
- Rumor has it that receivers aren't happy with Tua.

Did I miss anything.
Only the dirt that has hasn't been dug into...and the skeletons that lie underneath.
Any CZer know the background - 1st-2nd hand - about Ross?

CoachD

Reaction score
So here's my problem, so it's ok to let a team score at the end of the game to get the ball back with enough time on the clock but it's against the rules to lose a few here and there to get a better draft pick ya that's makes a lot of sense NFL.

Flamma

Reaction score
Wow. Good thing they still have another 1st from the 9ers.

Bunch of idiots for talking to Brady while still under contract.

That is until they find evidence Ross try to pay the coach to lose games.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Plus they are stuck with Tua.

On the flip side, Brady has now been involved in spygate, deflating footballs, the fake HGH doctor, and now Dolphins tampering.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
That is until they find evidence Ross try to pay the coach to lose games.
The NFL already made a statement saying they believe it was a remark made in jest, it was a miscommunication and they didn't tank so... Case Closed.

Flamma

Reaction score
The NFL already made a statement saying they believe it was a remark made in jest, it was a miscommunication and they didn't tank so... Case Closed.

Ok, thanks for the update. But my eyebrow is raised. I have a feeling they want to shove this one under the carpet fast.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the update. But my eyebrow is raised. I have a feeling they want to shove this one under the carpet fast.
It certainly looks like it.
A harsh penalty for one thing while sweeping under the rug the other thing.
Shady, but that's business in high places.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
What happens to these two picks? Does it just screw two potential draftees out of being drafted?

Flamma

Reaction score
What happens to these two picks? Does it just screw two potential draftees out of being drafted?

At the time of the draft, yeah. But any player worth a 1st or 3rd round pick will get drafted at some point. The usual suspects will go undrafted.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It wasn't though. They traded a 1st rounder and Cooper gave them a few years. They got Cooper and it made Dak a better QB.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
At the time of the draft, yeah. But any player worth a 1st or 3rd round pick will get drafted at some point. The usual suspects will go undrafted.
Yeah but there's a different in salary for the first pick of the 2nd round and the last pick in the 1st round. Its going to hurt one player technically.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Stephen would be grinning ear to ear if we lost a number one pick ......... he would be thinking how much money he would save without paying a first round pick.

:p

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They wasted a couple of good draft picks because Brady would’ve never gone to Miami.