Dolphins release Kelvin Joseph

Pass2Run

Reaction score
To all those complaining about the Cowboys drafting Bossman Fat, what does this say about the Dolphins? They spent a 1st rounder on a CB who was a bust, and traded him for some other CB who was a bust, and then cut the CB a half season later after only playing a few plays.
Sometimes, you miss... it's that simple. Anyone who has ever tried their hand at drafting or evaluation, misses... That's the reality.

Anyone who thinks differently is lying, and likely just trying to flex knowledge they don't really have.

Motorola

Reaction score
To all those complaining about the Cowboys drafting Bossman Fat, what does this say about the Dolphins? They spent a 1st rounder on a CB who was a bust, and traded him for some other CB who was a bust, and then cut the CB a half season later after only playing a few plays.
That's a Dolphins predicament...why would Cowboys fans complain or care about THEIR situation?

GINeric

Reaction score
Yah, exactly. If there's a guy available with consistent issues and another who's a model citizen, the decision is made for you. AKA - Asante Samuel JR, Aaron Banks, JOK (CLE), Nick Bolton.

Man people like you are the problem with society. Play the judge and jury over people's lives.

The worst thugs, killers, and thieves in this world wear suits and work in plush offices, especially government offices.

Trust me when I tell you I've done the worst things in the streets before I turned my life around, opened a business and flipped a couple of properties. Now I do what I want, when I want, because I'm a boss and don't have to worry about judgemental people like you keeping good people who've made bad choices from succeeding in life because of your weak *** stereotypes.

rambo2

Reaction score
One out of how many? 2nd round picks should have a better win % than the Cowboys have over the last 10 years.
Lawrence, Sam Williams. It really doesn't matter. They now have a very strong team that they have built with outstanding draft picks.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Sometimes, you miss... it's that simple. Anyone who has ever tried their hand at drafting or evaluation, misses... That's the reality.

Anyone who thinks differently is lying, and likely just trying to flex knowledge they don't really have.
100%. It's straight up a lottery. Sometimes you hit. A lot of times you don't. It's that narrative across the entire league.

rambo2

Reaction score
One out of how many? 2nd round picks should have a better win % than the Cowboys have over the last 10 years.
Lawrence, Sam Williams. It really doesn't matter. They now have a very strong team that they have built with outstanding draft picks

MikeT22

Reaction score
Well now he is free to pursue his rap career, or hang around murder scenes, or whatever.

It’s important though to realize that he didn’t draft himself at pick 44.

This is a perfect example of why fixating on position instead of BPA will catch up to you.

Paraphrasing his attitude on the rap thing….’I realize football is what’s gonna get me paid and finance it…’

I have no idea why anyone would want that player on their team.

He ended up on this one because this great front office thought they’d get Horn or Surtain and both were gone so they had to settle for a linebacker. Enough dumb luck to make the dummies look as if they may not be

Could you imagine Horn instead of Parsons?

The second round fails are not about Jerry taking chances, it’s about reaching for whichever of the two positions they fixated on as immediate starters and didn’t get in round one.
Yep, our 2nd rounders are either reaching for a position we didn’t get in the first or trying to outsmart everyone by taking a player who dropped due to health or off-field concerns. But… he would’ve been a top 10 pick IF…

MikeT22

Reaction score
I'd like to say that's where having a type comes back to bite you, but considering us finding Bland because of Quinn's type, I'm going to let that go. Ultimately, I'm for drafting the better player, but who's to say anyone considered Bland better than other CBs available besides us because he fit our type. If Quinn swings and misses on a few (Joseph and Wright) while hitting a home run every now and them, I'm good with it.
Or take the highest rated and likely hit a HR more often.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Charles Haley was a huge, gigantic red flag. Lots of players out there with red flags.
To be fair, good lad, to compare the known talents of Haley to never-haves such as Joseph, Trystin Hill or Taco seems a bit odd. (Not that you directly compared them.)

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Yep, our 2nd rounders are either reaching for a position we didn’t get in the first or trying to outsmart everyone by taking a player who dropped due to health or off-field concerns. But… he would’ve been a top 10 pick IF…
:hammer:
Could not have said it better, good lad.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
The worst thugs, killers, and thieves in this world wear suits and work in plush offices, especially government offices.
It need occurred to me to fear a carjacking, mugging or shooting by people wearing suits. Maybe you mean the mafia?

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Still can’t believe we took this guy over Asante Samuel Jr… smh. What a waste of a pick.