Dolphins | Team to meet with Ahmad Brooks

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
With Channing Crowder, Ricky Williams, Marcus Vick and David Boston, Saban hasn't proven to be nearly the stickler on character that his mentors are. I guess he figures he better scoop him up before Marvin Lewis does.

It wouldn't surprise me if they took him ... they took a fat, soft, lazy underachiever in the Supplemental Draft last year with Manny Wright. Not suprisingly he turned out to be fat, lazy, soft and underachieved.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
With Channing Crowder, Ricky Williams, Marcus Vick and David Boston, Saban hasn't proven to be nearly the stickler on character that his mentors are. I guess he figures he better scoop him up before Marvin Lewis does.

It wouldn't surprise me if they took him ... they took a fat, soft, lazy underachiever in the Supplemental Draft last year with Manny Wright. Not suprisingly he turned out to be fat, lazy, soft and underachieved.

:muttley:

I noticed that, too, about Saban. He has a sort of cockiness about him that makes him think he can handle just about anyone.

It could be fun, though. Saban showed a wacky side at some of his news conferences last year, and with guys like Jim Mora, Mike Ditka and Jerry Glanville out of the picture, those of us who delight in the psychotic antics of these over-stressed coaches need a guy like Saban.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Chief said:
Saban showed a wacky side at some of his news conferences last year, and with guys like Jim Mora, Mike Ditka and Jerry Glanville out of the picture, those of us who delight in the psychotic antics of these over-stressed coaches need a guy like Saban.

Have you ever noticed he is almost always looking away, down at his feet or the podium during his press conferences? He just never seems like he can keep his eyes focused on who asked the question. It's quite unnerving.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Chief said:
:muttley:

I noticed that, too, about Saban. He has a sort of cockiness about him that makes him think he can handle just about anyone.

Ah yes, the dreaded Butch Davisitis.

It works wonderfully in college when you can just sign the 30 best players in the nation every spring and let the chips fall where they may.