Don’t be surprised if Dak wants to leave

wecasa

Reaction score
Most certainly revenue is down across the board. Who can afford a qb eating up a large percentage of their cap?

cowboyec

Reaction score
why the hell would he wanna leave this offense.
i hope he does stay...i saw what happens when you dont really have a franchise QB.
we got one.
pay him.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i hope he does stay...i saw what happens when you dont really have a franchise QB.
we got one.
pay him.
The crazy thing is...if the Cowboys want to keep him long term, they’re going to have to pay him market value. And the price keeps going up.

If the Cowboys don’t want to pay market value, let the man go. You’re screwing the organization and Dak to keep this franchise tag going next year. They should either pay him or release him. It’s really that simple.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
No man! It'll be more like when New England sent Bledsoe our way and kept Tommy B. Maybe Big Mac got a plan that involves his old friend Brett Favre?
I like this...

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
If your Dak it’s probably better to take a chance in the open market.

Even if the Cowboys weren't a basket case, there's good reason simply to want to hit free agency and be able to go to the highest bidder for full compensation, including the relief of being in a competent org.

QBs are so protected that I don't see a reason for them to be eager to lock in a contract. Insure against injury. Play on tags until you hit free agency.

Havic

Reaction score
I'd love for Dinucci to be the answer. Drop Dak, Zeke, Jaylon, and Lawrence. Free up massive amounts of cap and lets start the rebuild. Chiefs picked up a rb late in the 1st and he is an absolute stud

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Maybe because he wants to win? It's obvious "this offense" isn't enough by itself.

Anyone who has paid attention the last 20+ years has reason to doubt whether the Jones boys are capable of building a winning team around him.

Havic

Reaction score
Maybe because he wants to win? It's obvious "this offense" isn't enough by itself.

Anyone who has paid attention the last 20+ years has reason to doubt whether the Jones boys are capable of building a winning team around him.

Of course he will say he wants to win first etc, but after how these contract talks went, its clear $$$ is his priority.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
If I’m Dak I finish off the season and hit the open market somewhere else...can everything turn around, sure it’s possible. But let’s be honest, this team is bad, the coaches are bad, the front office is delusional...This team needs a complete overhaul...

I wouldn’t be surprised if Jerry gets greedy again and wants to play the tag game once again.

People hate on Dak, including myself but let’s be honest, the talent around him has been overrated for years because they play for the Cowboys. We don’t develop players ever, in fact they get worse!

Problem is Jerry would just franchise tag him again. Its the reason why he didn't sign the contract for 35mil a year. He wanted to put in the contract that he cannot be franchise tagged again but Jerry didn't want to guarantee that in writing.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
I doubt he leaves but if he does I’ll grab the popcorn and watch the circus that so many “geniuses” have demanded unfold lol

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Don’t worry. He’s building his resume as he speaks. The whole NFC South is likely willing to pick em up after this season. Maybe the Vikes if they decide to move on from Cousins. Maybe even the Bears. Either way, he ain’t stayin for this Romo Round 2.0. Too many signs. Abysmal defense, bad coaching, throwing 40+ times a game. It’s all coming together. He better hold Zeke while he can now cause we won’t see that duo anymore come this time next year.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Bail??? What team should he go to. The Football team has an opening. The Cowboys have built a team around him and by next season he will be the highest paid player in football on and off the field. He is not leaving the gravy train. No matter how bad the Jones family miss manages the team.

Carolina will need a new QB after Bridgewater’s contract is up. Tampa as well. Brees may retire soon, and since Dak is from Louisiana, might be a hot spot for em. Vikes might take him if Kirk continues at this rate, and the Bears have a QB controversy right now, but he’d fit up there nicely.

Dak is leaving this season. Book it.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Problem is Jerry would just franchise tag him again. Its the reason why he didn't sign the contract for 35mil a year. He wanted to put in the contract that he cannot be franchise tagged again but Jerry didn't want to guarantee that in writing.

At some point franchising becomes illogical as the tag is worth more than an actual contract (per year). Jerry can’t, well I guess he can (he can do whatever he wants), just play this card willy nilly. They offered him between 33-35 million and to tag him next year will cost 38 million. At some point Dallas needs to **** or get off the pot

Asklesko

Reaction score
It wont happen. He like everyone else is committed to the madness.

Blitzen

Reaction score
If I’m Dak I finish off the season and hit the open market somewhere else...can everything turn around, sure it’s possible. But let’s be honest, this team is bad, the coaches are bad, the front office is delusional...This team needs a complete overhaul...

I wouldn’t be surprised if Jerry gets greedy again and wants to play the tag game once again.

People hate on Dak, including myself but let’s be honest, the talent around him has been overrated for years because they play for the Cowboys. We don’t develop players ever, in fact they get worse!

I have no idea what the Cowboys would be trying for by signing a high priced QB that is not currently making the difference between winning and losing on a very bad team. This team looks to be at least a 4-5 year rebuild. Older pieces that are currently being counted on will need replacement during this time...

The question as to whether Dak wants to stay would be solely monetary. Not like he will get much of a football legacy here, other than pure regular season stats.