Don’t be surprised if Dak wants to leave

Nexx

Reaction score
He's damned if he leaves and damned if he stays. Damned if he leaves cause he will never have the same amount of talent around him to look great again like he has now. Damned if he stays cause his salary will make be an albatross to the team where he will never have enough support to win a Super Bowl. Anyone watching the Green Bay game? Truly elite QB's can dominate even with his WR1 and WR2 out. Imagine what Dak would do if Cooper and Ceedee/Gallup were missing. He would crumble.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
If I’m Dak I finish off the season and hit the open market somewhere else...can everything turn around, sure it’s possible. But let’s be honest, this team is bad, the coaches are bad, the front office is delusional...This team needs a complete overhaul...

I wouldn’t be surprised if Jerry gets greedy again and wants to play the tag game once again.

People hate on Dak, including myself but let’s be honest, the talent around him has been overrated for years because they play for the Cowboys. We don’t develop players ever, in fact they get worse!

If your Dak it’s probably better to take a chance in the open market.
Would not blame him
Why stay here and be unappreciated?

black label

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Flamma

Reaction score
Don’t worry. He’s building his resume as he speaks. The whole NFC South is likely willing to pick em up after this season. Maybe the Vikes if they decide to move on from Cousins. Maybe even the Bears. Either way, he ain’t stayin for this Romo Round 2.0. Too many signs. Abysmal defense, bad coaching, throwing 40+ times a game. It’s all coming together. He better hold Zeke while he can now cause we won’t see that duo anymore come this time next year.

Out of every team you mentioned only the Bears can pick him up. Forget the Vikings. They can't move on from Cousins until 2023. The entire NFC South is locked in until at least 2022. None of these teams are going to pay two starting quarterbacks. So good luck with the Bears.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Hate to say it as a Cowboys fan- But If I was Dak, I would want out of this dysfunctional organization. Especially if I wanted to win a ring most of all. He’s going to make a ton of money if he stays or leaves. If you were prioritizing winning a ring most, why would anyone want to stay here? I wish all that weren’t true. But with this owner, what’s going to change?

One of my brothers in law lives in Denver and is a huge Broncos fan. He says they would love to have Dak. I have a friend who’s vikes fan and he says they would way prefer Dak over Cousins. The list of teams that would want him if he ever leaves here would be more than a couple.

Too many Cowboys Fans here are spoiled by the great QBs we’ve had over the years. Going all the way back to the 60s, fans in Dallas drove Dandy Don Meredith to retirement, despite a really good career. We’ve had two Hall of Famers in Roger and Troy. Some fans act like all you have to do is tank and draft the kid from Clemson, like that’s some kind of guarantee of success.

Too many fans here expect not only excellent play from their QB. They expect perfection. He must carry the team, on both sides of the ball and do all that for less than market value. It’s almost pathetic at this point. Dak isn’t perfect, but the level of criticism that guy takes is laughable. And the price tag for him isn’t going down. Here or somewhere else. If you’re mad at his price tag, that’s how the NFL market works. It’s not the real world.
Dak is good enough to win a sb even though he isn’t perfect... we take him for granted. No logical person can say this guy isn’t at least trying his hardest to win...

Right now Dak doesn’t get short fields, is required to put up 40+ points a game just to be competitive and has no help... this is a bad team and he’s just slinging it... who cares at this point.

my gut feeling tells me this dude is out.. why would he stay here? Makes no sense, he can make whatever money he wants anywhere else.

I hope I’m wrong.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I'd rather watch and pull for a young hungry team, making rookie mistakes. Not a bunch of under performing millionaires counting their money on the sideline as the other team keeps kicking their a$$e$ week in and week out!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I’m Dak I finish off the season and hit the open market somewhere else...can everything turn around, sure it’s possible. But let’s be honest, this team is bad, the coaches are bad, the front office is delusional...This team needs a complete overhaul...

I wouldn’t be surprised if Jerry gets greedy again and wants to play the tag game once again.

People hate on Dak, including myself but let’s be honest, the talent around him has been overrated for years because they play for the Cowboys. We don’t develop players ever, in fact they get worse!

Franchise Tag...

Qcard

Reaction score

If the defense is as bad as it appears, Tag or signing Dak would not be the best move.
This Defense needs 1st or 2nd Rd pick on every level

Slick

Reaction score
If Dak wants to be ruthless he could just use this season to build up AMAZING stats. Just air it out as he has been doing and earn a bucket load on the open market. A team would seriously overpay him even though he wouldn't be as good as his lofty numbers would suggest.

It's interesting as we will genuinely find out if he's all about the money...I'm unsure what he will decide.

If the FO wants to be ruthless, they'd bench him, and let another overpay for him.

Every NFL player is about the money, it's a business not a game.

Let him walk. He's not top 5 money

mahoneybill

Reaction score
You don't think others teams would get on the Dak sweepstakes? If the cowboys use the non-exclusive I'd bet at least five teams would get in on that. Honestly, why should he stay, he's gonna get paid handsomely by someone. Remember, to Dak this is just business.

wouldn’t be surprised if the Pats showed interest

Cebrin

Reaction score
Bail??? What team should he go to. The Football team has an opening. The Cowboys have built a team around him and by next season he will be the highest paid player in football on and off the field. He is not leaving the gravy train. No matter how bad the Jones family miss manages the team.
1) Chicago
2) Indianapolis
3) NY (Crazy, but he loves JG)
Heck, pick a a team that will pay top $, and has something in place to win. Our fan base is delusional, and continue to blame Dak for where we are.

Dak is not top 5, maybe even not top 10, but a good team puts a ring on his finger even with all his faults.

Do you guys remember how long it took for Ben Roethlisberger to develop? He won a Superbowl without throwing a single touchdown. 9-21, and two picks. 2nd SB was 21-30 1TD 1INT. Later he was considered elite.

Prolific QB's don't = Superbowl & Playoffs always. Anyone older than 30 (even) should know this. It's top to bottom. Owner, Coaching, Players, Chemistry, Talent.

We've barely scratched the surface since the cap. That says plenty. Jerry refuses to let anyone else GM this team. Here we are folks.