CFZ Don’t judge this team early- either way

ESisback

Reaction score
I can see the roughing the passer starting in earnest against Brady That's why I've been saying all week if we're going to get that penalty make it count and drive him into the turf.
Can't take that penalty for just grazing his helmet or touching his lower leg.

Over/under on the roughing flags? I say 3+, but one will be game changing because of the timing.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Over/under on the roughing flags? I say 3+, but one will be game changing because of the timing.
I hear you brother if there's a way to lose that game it will be some penalty and when playing Brady they protect him like he's their child

ESisback

Reaction score
I hear you brother if there's a way to lose that game it will be some penalty and when playing Brady they protect him like he's their child

Certain poster(s) will likely be along at some point to scoff and label, but I don’t care. Flags changing the outcome wouldn’t surprise me at all, and their opinions change nothing for me.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I agree 1 game win or lose but I will say this is a significant game for the Cowboys in that they are playing one of the top teams in the league. Most prediction is Tampa will win their division and some even have them playing in the SB. I think these are the type games that the Cowboys must show themselves as true contenders. Admit it, right now if you said Dallas went 12-5 last year the response is the same, they beat no one. I think for the mindset of this team to go out and beat a true contender is big.

RD21

Reaction score
I'm excited to find out how we open the season. I watch, every Cowboy's game. Although, I'm not as emotionally invested as I used to be. I don't let myself get too hyped, or too bummed anymore. It'll take post season success to pull me back into the emotional aspect of Cowboy fandom.

pitt33

Reaction score
I always go back to Parcells…

“You know what kind of team you have by Thanksgiving”

I’ll reserve judgement until then.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Teams that start the season 0-2 don't have a good track record when it comes to making the playoffs.

Dropping 2 games at home would make that even tougher.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Agreed it killed us last year we had the most penalties and the most holding penalties.

We are starting out a little compromised on offense this year anyway we certainly can't afford pre-snap and holding penalties that get us behind the chains and stall drives.

If McCarthy didn't get this fixed he needs to go and we need to get somebody that can instill the discipline to keep us from shooting ourselves in the foot.

He's a walk around coach that doesn't handle offense or defensive coordinator responsibilities so the least he can do is get a handle on these penalties.
As long as Jerry is here we will never have a strong HC
That demand discipline and accountability.
We have a culture issue here.
It's seems to be more about the brand and making money than winning.

Blackrain

Reaction score
As long as Jerry is here we will never have a strong HC
That demand discipline and accountability.
We have a culture issue here.
It's seems to be more about the brand and making money than winning.
All true no coaches ever going to be able to command the respect when he is not the one they are held accountable to.

Jerry makes it known to all that he is lord and master.

The coach is nothing more than the piss boy who organizes the X's and o's but everybody knows that the coach's word is not the last one and they can go to Jerry and get their way.

This makes for a very dysfunctional culture and an uphill battle for any coach

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
If we win people are going to give excuses and say the bucs lost the cowboys just so happened to be there to win it

if we lose the board will come unglued (as usual)

Me i just want to see them play 60 mins of smart ball[/QUOTE]
And win. :laugh:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
All true no coaches ever going to be able to command the respect when he is not the one they are held accountable to.

Jerry makes it known to all that he is lord and master.

The coach is nothing more than the piss boy who organizes the X's and o's but everybody knows that the coach's word is not the last one and they can go to Jerry and get their way.

This makes for a very dysfunctional culture and an uphill battle for any coach
Did you use dysfunctional and Cowboys in the same sentence?
:lmao:

Beaker42

Reaction score
Good thread. I don’t think anyone in here cares about the regular season anymore. Win multiple playoff games already.
You can’t win multiple playoff games without winning regular season games (or enough of them). The two aren’t mutually exclusive.

JBS

Reaction score
You can’t win multiple playoff games without winning regular season games (or enough of them). The two aren’t mutually exclusive.
Cool man. Let me know where I suggested otherwise. Your knowledge of this sport is unmatched