Donald Sterling, Clippers Owner, Banned For Life, Fined $2.5M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Well played. No need for people like this running an NBA organization. Unfortunately, these type of people are everywhere.

Rogah

Reaction score
I hate to agree with Mark cuban, but he has a point. If every single thing anyone ever said in private all of a sudden became public, I doubt a single individual among any of us would be able to stand up to such scrutiny.

It is modern-day McCarthyism at its finest.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I hate to agree with Mark cuban, but he has a point. If every single thing anyone ever said in private all of a sudden became public, I doubt a single individual among any of us would be able to stand up to such scrutiny.

He's expressed his thoughts both in private and publicly. It finally just became a situation that couldn't be ignored.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Every single person doesn't run an NBA team where 70% of the team is black. Can't believe some people like Cuban are just so ignorant that they don't get it. Cuban's white and has probably never experienced racism.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I think a lot of people are also overlooking the horribly discriminatory practices he has exhibited as essentially a Los Angeles slum lord as well. The DOJ involvement from some stuff in 2003 and I believe again in 2006 are appalling, much more so than some old racist saying racist stuff.

At any rate, if you can ban Pete Rose for gambling, you certainly ought to ban a bigot. The NBA did the right thing.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Every single person doesn't run an NBA team where 70% of the team is black. Can't believe some people like Cuban are just so ignorant that they don't get it. Cuban's white and has probably never experienced racism.

As a wealthy owner of an NBA franchise, I would hazard a guess that Cuban has never experienced racism in his life.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Some funny memes of Adam Silver as Thor with a ban hammer are circulating, lol.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
racism doesn't go away by making people afraid to say what they think. I understand the NBA had to do something to limit the financial damages, but I don't see this doing anything good for the league, or society.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
racism doesn't go away by making people afraid to say what they think. I understand the NBA had to do something to limit the financial damages, but I don't see this doing anything good for the league, or society.

I do. I sets the example that at least the NBA won't tolerate this kind of backwards behavior, to put it nicely.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
I do. I sets the example that at least the NBA won't tolerate this kind of backwards behavior, to put it nicely.

the NBA has tolerated, and will continue to do so. This is lynch mob mentality. Once a huge crowd with flaming pitch forks accumulates, they do something. color me not impressed.

If they want to stamp out this behavior, they will also make an example of Larry Johnson without an angry mob behind the actions.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

Cuban is white? I always thought he was Latino.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
As a wealthy owner of an NBA franchise, I would hazard a guess that Cuban has never experienced racism in his life.

The perspective Cuban is coming at it from is that he enjoys being able to say whatever the hell he wants, so he's more concerned about that than anything else. Which is understandable.

He probably doesn't have the perspective of having been discriminated against, so it's obviously hard for him to see it from that side.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
1947756_494945583939643_1845020504528468846_n.jpg

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just find it kind of funny that a guy named Silver bans a guy named Sterling. Sounds like a bad script for a cheesy comedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.