Done with the NFLs officiating

BigWillie

Reaction score
Three steps, and then a lunge for the end zone. That is closer to being a TD than it is an incomplete pass.

CZ should turn off the filter for a few hours so we can all say what we really think.

perrykemp

Reaction score
I can handle losing. Hell, GB played better. But not on an overturned call.

This. Would have loved to have it come down to the end without that stupid call/rule/whatever dictating the results.

Two great teams. Great game. Ruined.

Bull Frog

Reaction score
Just get rid of replay if you cannot see the obvious. It wasn't the only replay they missed.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
No it's not correct. Three steps is a football move.

Not if you take those steps as you are falling down. The rule is the problem not the reversal. To the eye that is clearly a catch but the rule says it is not.

superonyx

Reaction score
Dez took 3 steps before he went down with the football. That was a catch. Officiating is trash. That cost the game.

I'm done with the NFL. I won't invest my time into a product that is this flawed.

I've seen and been through many bad calls but that was the worst one I have ever seen.

Lodeus

Reaction score
B7GSDobIAAIiOW_.jpg:large

theanimal23

Reaction score
Bad call. But our D got shredded on 3rd down by letting Packers continue to make catches, that time out on 3rd & 1/First Down, poor end to 1st half, and Bailey doing a poor job the last two weeks

supercowboy8

Reaction score
Calvin Johnson rule. The call was correct but it's a really stupid rule and we're not the first team to get screwed by it

No that calvin johnson was part of the catch but dez already caught the ball, Took 3 steps a football move. Then fail forward. Then the ball hit the ground. It would be the same as a RB.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Calvin Johnson rule. The call was correct but it's a really stupid rule and we're not the first team to get screwed by it

That call is NOT CORRECT. He took 3 steps holding onto the ball and then lunged into the endzone. Total BS. Talk about refs costing this team a win - that was it.

The NFL should be ashamed of themselves for giving this game to Green Bay. This should be the controversy of the year. Everyone says refs don't favor one team. Well guess what....they surely did this game.

egn22

Reaction score
Are we really gonna whine like detroit though?
Why did we pass on 3rd and 1?
Why couldn't we stop Adams?
Why did Murray fumble?

tyke1doe

Reaction score

The call is the call, and we can't get it back. But I don't think this was the same as the Calvin Johnson catch. CJ catches the ball and then uses the ground to cement the catch. Dez clearly caught the ball, takes a few steps and then when stretching out, hits the ground and the ball comes out.

But Peirra said securing the ball doesn't matter. He has to maintain possession all the way to the ground. He didn't. That's the game.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
It is what it is.

Calls happen against people all the time.

We've benefited from some missed calls, or bad calls, this season and some have hurt us.

That's the way it goes.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
rule text

Article 3. Completed or Intercepted Pass. A player who makes a catch may advance
the ball. A forward pass is complete (by the offense) or intercepted (by the defense) if
a player, who is inbounds:

(a) secures control of the ball in his hands or arms prior to the ball touching the ground;
and
(b) touches the ground inbounds with both feet or with any part of his body other than
his hands.
. . .

If the player loses the ball while simultaneously touching both feet or any part of his body
other than his hands to the ground, or if there is any doubt that the acts were simultaneous,
it is not a catch.

Item 1: Player Going to the Ground. If a player goes to the ground in the act of
catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control
of the ball after he touches the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If
he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control,
the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground,
the pass is complete.

six ways from sunday it was a catch per the rules.