Don't 4-get Cowboys Year in Review TONITE!

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
For as long as they've been making those 32 team programs, that has amazed me. The spin doctors who write these things should be in Washington..ten years of 90's Bengals or late 80's-late 90's Jets ought to qualify anyone for national press secretary.

The amount of classic footage compared to 03's 10-6 year in review was the surest sign of decay. That and the glowing JJ segment. "Promise" coupled with the "past" always equals you stunk it up.

It was good, tho, because the writers ably connected that very real promise to a wealth of past glory.

I was impressed.

Very little of that film was on the actual 2004 season. They worked in the team's great history, profiled Darren Woodson, talked about the future with Bledsoe, Rivera, Henry, Ferguson and the rookies.

An amazing spin job and a beautiful job of blending in the team's history with the old footage of Bobby Hayes, Staubach, Cliff and Charlie, etc.

I noticed Dat Dude got very little air time.

ternce

Reaction score
surprised they didnt show any locker room speeches of Parcells and behind the scenes like they did with the other teams. That would have been fun in a 6-10 season of Parcells.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
ternce said:
surprised they didnt show any locker room speeches of Parcells and behind the scenes like they did with the other teams. That would have been fun in a 6-10 season of Parcells.
Yeh, there was very little of Bill as compared to last year's Coronation in Review..just him prowling along the sidelines registering looks of consternation and disgust.

The angle the producers were going for was "resolve". Chief will pop in and say they got 'dyspepsia". ;)

I will concur.

Those locker room speeches I would KILL to witness.

Specially after Witten's 'we began to lose and he began to lose it' comments.