Don't expect a discount from Dak Prescott

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TheSkaven, Feb 8, 2019.

1. TheSkaven

TheSkaven Last Man Standing Zone Supporter

5,551 Messages
    2,651 Likes Received
    It's clear from the article that he's gunning for the big money. I guess that I shouldn't be surprised, but I am.

From the article:

Prescott doesn’t see Patriots quarterback Tom Brady’s team-friendly deal, for which he made just $15 million last season, as a blueprint for his own.

Nobody’s wife makes as much money as his wife does either,” Prescott said of Brady’s supermodel wife Gisele Bundchen, who earned $10 million in 2018 and $17.5 million in 2017, per reports. “When Tom Brady isn’t the breadwinner in the home, then that’s a great problem to have."

So in that case, he can do that. He can do his contract however you want to do it.”

I think the team knows how to pay what’s deserved,” Prescott told USA TODAY Sports before the Super Bowl, “and pay those other people at the same time what’s deserved without being frugal.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...s-dak-prescott-contract-extension/2806080002/

2. TwentyOne

TwentyOne Well-Known Member

4,728 Messages
    1,422 Likes Received
    Dont expect him to find a 2nd contract in the NFL.

3. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

50,384 Messages
    47,482 Likes Received
    That's fine. I'm good with playing out the contract this year and franchise tagging him in 2020. Just like with the coach, let's let this thing play out.

4. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

8,241 Messages
    3,221 Likes Received
    He’s worth more than Kirk Cousins... so blame the Vikings and Jags

Not really a surprise, since the end of his rookie year, Dak has always shown he’s a whore for the money

5. Killerinstinct

Killerinstinct Well-Known Member

2,672 Messages
    3,137 Likes Received
    Don't need a discount. He needs to be paid like the middle tier QB he is.

6. cern

cern Well-Known Member

6,105 Messages
    7,741 Likes Received
    much of what dak said was tongue in cheek.

MyUserName, CF74, pancakeman and 2 others like this.
  7. TwentyOne

4,728 Messages
    1,422 Likes Received
    I think with the QB dilema the most important thing is to buy time. So playing out his contract and FTing him afterwards gives us 2 more years to find a QB.

8. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

9,161 Messages
    15,688 Likes Received
    My reaction was that he expects both sides to work out a fair deal, which is what he says in the opening quote. Everything said by either side is just posturing at this point, no player ever in the history of anything said "Sure, I'm going to take less money"

He is saying he will get a contract that he "deserves" that "isn't frugal". Its a boilerplate comment.

And the Tom Brady stuff is noise, Brady is the GOAT and has the 13th highest QB salary next year (5th on cap hit), its a different situation than player like Payton Manning that had a contract that ended up being unworkable at one point.

9. Kaiser

9,161 Messages
    15,688 Likes Received
    Especially when he said "My new girlfriend should get more modeling gigs than Whatzername HorseFace"

10. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

5,402 Messages
    5,966 Likes Received
    I wouldn’t expect a guy who has been massively underpaid to not try to get every dollar he can get, and rightfully so. My bigger concern would be that if they don’t pay him, I can’t really think of any reason why he shouldn’t hold out. I certainly would...

Gaede, Dale, Hennessy_King and 2 others like this.
  11. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Well-Known Member

12,537 Messages
    20,710 Likes Received
    I hope they're far apart and he, at least, goes through this contract season and he would be better off just keeping his mouth shut about it. Just answer that his agent is working on that.

Most QB's do not get into this discussion because it can be misconstrued and they can actually turn fans against them. And attempting to negotiate through the media isn't a good idea.

I liked this guy when he didn't run his mouth, and I don't care what they ask him, saying things like he wants to be the GOAT DC QB was just stupid.

If he's going to cite Brady, he should add that Brady doesn't pimp himself out to that many sponsors either.

12. stasheroo

50,384 Messages
    47,482 Likes Received
    Or at least to know for sure whether Dak is or isn't that guy.

If he wants top money? I can wait.

13. ItzKelz

ItzKelz Well-Known Member

2,601 Messages
    2,515 Likes Received
    Not like he is not telling the truth.

Sevenup3000 likes this.
  14. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

8,241 Messages
    3,221 Likes Received
    You just don’t like him, so any slight misstep by him just gives you an easy excuse to come here and b.... about it

15. stasheroo

50,384 Messages
    47,482 Likes Received
    :omg:

Melonfeud likes this.
  16. Ken

Ken Well-Known Member

7,752 Messages
    5,670 Likes Received
    I understand his point but I wonder how much endorsement money he would get playing for the Bengals or Titans etc....

17. TwentyOne

4,728 Messages
    1,422 Likes Received
    Yes you are right.

I for myself i made up my mind about him. I watched him now for 3 years and a bit in college. He did not change. I am with Parcells here: after 3 years you know what you got in a player.

But i could be wrong. Of course. So to have him 2 more years around to have a look-see is a good idea too. And it doesnt hurt our franchise at all.

18. DakPresgoat

DakPresgoat Well-Known Member

7,421 Messages
    14,753 Likes Received
    I don’t see anything really incendiary in these comments.

I don’t expect a player to ever openly say they would take a discount prior to negotiations.

All that being said. It would probably be in everyone’s best interest for Dak to not comment on the contract at all, to the media.

19. Kaiser

9,161 Messages
    15,688 Likes Received
    That post is a joke. How does the QB of the Dallas Cowboys going into a contract negotiation "not get into the discussion"? If Dak hid in a cave in Kazakhstan the media would still find him and shove a microphone in his face.

20. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆

13,581 Messages
    31,402 Likes Received
    Brady's SUCH a gold digger! :lmao2: