Don't panic about the defense, they've played 3 games in 12 days

WTtoolman

Reaction score
Would having Shaquille Leonard for tonight's game have made a significant difference in the way the defense played?

DuceizBak

Reaction score
The defense has played 3 playoff teams and given up 35 points per game…
This is what is scary.
The Bengals are one of the few teams who seem to have one of the most consistent defenses game to game. They don't show up better on most metrics but I like how they play

plasticman

Reaction score
I was thinking that myself. However, so did Seattle.

I look to the desperate position the Seahawks were in. They figured Dallas would be the easiest of their three games. Now they have the 49ers and Eagles. Good luck to them, andI mean that sincerely..

visionary

Reaction score
I will give them a pass, for now. This was bad, but I will chalk it up to a bad game...for now.

Don't ask me about the offense, I am using cognitive dissonance.
This is a good point
This is a tough game and playing 3 in 13 has to be rough
I bet they play better against Philly after a longer rest

catskillthunder

Reaction score
Thats a ton of games in just 3 days. Is there like an NFL tournament going on? HAHAHA JK, all of us know what you meant.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The NFL is built for defenses to not be good.

You gotta expect this in the modern era.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I think we all need to realize this defense can be good but it is not a special defense at all.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
The rest isn't the point. DQ doesn't scheme anything in coverage - there are going to be a lot of nights like this against good offenses. Every capable passing offense they've played has put up a ton of yards b/c DQ just sits in man.

You make average QBs look great when their first read is schemed open on every play.

erod

Reaction score
Defense takes far more energy to play than offense. Reacting is harder than just going where you're designed to go.

Both defenses were gassed, and they were reaching and grabbing all night because they were slow to react. Too many games on their legs in a short time.

Extra test for Philly should help.

The NFL really needs to stop with the Thursday games except for Thangsgiving, and the teams who play on that day should get byes the Sunday before.