Don't panic about the defense, they've played 3 games in 12 days

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Actually 3 games in 11 days. They took care of business now get some extra time to prep for philthy. Hopefully that awful display was because of the schedule.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Defense takes far more energy to play than offense. Reacting is harder than just going where you're designed to go.

Both defenses were gassed, and they were reaching and grabbing all night because they were slow to react. Too many games on their legs in a short time.

Extra test for Philly should help.

The NFL really needs to stop with the Thursday games except for Thangsgiving, and the teams who play on that day should get byes the Sunday before.
You and I agree on very little but this is spot on. The 4 games in 19 days is lunacy. And it shows up especially on the defensive side of the ball where considerably more energy is required. This Thanksgiving day then Thursday following Thanksgiving schedule is simply asking too much of the human body. Even these superhumans succumb to it.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I would also point out that the two teams that put up the most points against this defense both have coaches with first hand knowledge of how Dan Quinn thinks a game. Shanahan and his crew obviously from ATL and then of course Seattle from his time there. Quinn is like every other coach who ever lived. He has schemes and adjustments which are just the core of his philosophy. Someone needs to talk with him about that if we see either of these teams again.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I will give them a pass, for now. This was bad, but I will chalk it up to a bad game...for now.

Don't ask me about the offense, I am using cognitive dissonance.
yeah so did the offense but here's the reality, the 3 losses this year also on the defense... this defense has an issue it's boom or bust.. it's opportunistic if it doesn't get the sacks orturnovers it looks like rod marinelli. bending way too much breaking now even more..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
One can only hope.
This defense was exposed.
One and done playoff wise if not fixed asap.
As long as Dak keeps that "eye of the tiger" in his play I'm not going to worry. Dude is just straight up refusing to let his team lose. And I love it. I have a feeling that if we need to score 50 to win a game he will make it so. Now that's not to say I expect us to win every game. I just feel like with the guy we have at QB we will always have a chance no matter what the other team is doing.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
One can only hope.
This defense was exposed.
One and done playoff wise if not fixed asap.
I just think once the cowboys are up they can rush like maniacs

They struggle with mobile quarterbacks and I feel like all of our safeties are limited athletically

The Seahawks besides the Lockett drop played out of their minds. Ain’t no shame in that

Isiah Stan back said it last week. You don’t wanna give a team liek this hope. He said they would be looking for a treason to quit .

That metclaf touchdown gave them tons of juice and for some reason they all hate Ferguson

JMech

Reaction score
Actually 3 games in 11 days. They took care of business now get some extra time to prep for philthy. Hopefully that awful display was because of the schedule.
Truth be told, I reassessed my reaction to last night's game. I think that the drain of those games in 11 days may have influenced what we saw.

We came out with a win and no injuries. At this time of the year those are victories.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
My reply was gonna be "So did Seattle's defense", but then I remembered the Cowboys put up 41, and scored on pretty much every possession. I'd say both teams defenses were gassed.
Yeah but Seattle won't matter in the playoffs and we want to win it so there is that

links18

Reaction score
I am not panicking. I am concerned. They have gotten trucked a few times this year. They seem soft against the run and there are a lot of guys running open.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I can deal with a defense that put in at least half the effort as last night. If they're going to move the ball at will, at least half of those need to be stops. There was little resistance last night, but thankfully just enough resistance.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If the D can rest they will be fine. 3-0 in 11 days is a monumental achievement in the NFL. Now they have a mini BYE week to prepare for the Eagles. Take notes when watching SF take on the Eagles, that is mandatory viewing, for all players and staff.

Zman5

Reaction score
For a while now, our defense has been made up of smaller quicker/faster players that play with high effort. This was how it was with Marinelli and also now with DQ. This is the reason, our defense tend to fade at the latter part of the season. Many defensive guys are running on fumes and also beat up. Hopefully the extra days of rest this week will help when we play the EaGirls.