Dose of Reality

MissionCoach

Reaction score
Bledsoe's HAPPY FEET become a moot point, if we don't see some marked improvement on the O-Line...with RT being a MAJOR concern...it's only a matter of time till we see either Henson or Romo behind Center.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
here's another does of reality, in the two preseason openers (including the caridnal in 2003) we didnt score a single point, this year we came with a FG of winning, with a vanilla offense and defense.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dargonking999 said:
here's another does of reality, in the two preseason openers (including the caridnal in 2003) we didnt score a single point, this year we came with a FG of winning, with a vanilla offense and defense.

... but ... but ... I prefer chocolate :D

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
lspain1 said:
That's easy...he routinely studies under the masters at Cowboyszone (I'll let you decide who that might be) :)

Beats me... I mean, I really haven't been around that long... :D

blindzebra

Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
I am sure that has nothing to do with your Agenda!! :rolleyes:

Henson never threw sidearm before the change, it was 3/4, and he did not throw side arm last night.

Someone needs to look at the release point on Romo's floater to Crayton that got knocked down.:D

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
LeonDixson said:
He stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.:laugh2:

Grrrr... you couldn't possibly know it, but you're talkin' to an employee of a REAL quality hotel chain... Wingate Inns... the first hotel chain to have all their rooms wired for the high speed internet, we finished first in a JD Power survey of customer satisfaction in our class (mid-upscale with limited service, meaning no restaurant on scene) last year... that would be in competition with the likes of Hampton Inn... and we were third among all hotel chains, which would include the likes of your Ritz Carltons and such...

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
baj1dallas said:
I thought Romo looked a hell of a lot more like an NFL QB last night than I did at any point last season. Do you guys agree? I mean yea he's got to get better, but I can see him doing that now.

I can't say I agree, what did you look like last season? I can't quite remember.

:laugh2:

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Henson never threw sidearm before the change, it was 3/4, and he did not throw side arm last night.

Someone needs to look at the release point on Romo's floater to Crayton that got knocked down.:D

I have been saying the same thing for months........big difference between 3/4 and sidearm. How one can confuse the difference beats me.

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
Great points Reality!

And to add to that, although it was the first preseason game the penalties mental mistakes and just overall sloppiness was very discouraging. :banghead:

Again, I suppose you could blame it on being the 1st preseason game but the majority of the players are profesionals and have done this before and watching the other games over the last 2-3 days no team looked less prepared than the Cowboys.

Wheat

Philosopher
Reaction score
come on, its preseason.

You guys sound like me last night.

Ramsey missed this open guy, the D with 3 DL, 1 LB, 1 CB and 2 safties sitting, let the Panthers do whatever they wanted. Yeah.... it sucks to lose a preseason game.

But, teams like the Cardinals and Panthers seem to take the preseason more seriously.

Carolina ran an end around reverse last night.

Who does that in preseason?

morasp

Reaction score
One thing I haven't seen mentioned is that it was Very hot at the game. I had on a light short sleeve shirt and was sweating just sitting there. It's not exuse and I know both teams had to play in it but the the players definitely got there conditioning tested.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
morasp said:
One thing I haven't seen mentioned is that it was Very hot at the game. I had on a light short sleeve shirt and was sweating just sitting there. It's not exuse and I know both teams had to play in it but the the players definitely got there conditioning tested.
Bill insists on training in Oxnard, maintaining teaching and learning in sweltering heat is problematical...and the few weeks of practice in Texas between camp break and opening day solves the heat-conditioning problem.

I've secretly suspected at his age HE can't hold up to a San Antonio or Dallas-FW tc w/o central air.

Denny Green and his staff certainly managed to have taught a few things in historic AZ heat this summer...unless they both practice and train in climate controlled bubble..which considering Bidwell's legendary cheapness, I kinda doubt.

But from couch potato land last night, it didn't look like our team was visibly wilting. Saw the perspiration on player's faces, but not buckets of sweat pouring off...no hands on both knees a la Charles Barkley in any 4th qtr he ever played. No trainers working overtime on the sidelines.

How much climate conditioning can be attributed to the overall performance, I dunno.

But I suspect the first team O would have sucked in Alaska last night.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:

yep they would have done just what they did last night, stay frozen in one spot

blindzebra

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Bill insists on training in Oxnard, maintaining teaching and learning in sweltering heat is problematical...and the few weeks of practice in Texas between camp break and opening day solves the heat-conditioning problem.

I've secretly suspected at his age HE can't hold up to a San Antonio or Dallas-FW tc w/o central air.

Denny Green and his staff certainly managed to have taught a few things in historic AZ heat this summer...unless they both practice and train in climate controlled bubble..which considering Bidwell's legendary cheapness, I kinda doubt.

But from couch potato land last night, it didn't look like our team was visibly wilting. Saw the perspiration on player's faces, but not buckets of sweat pouring off...no hands on both knees a la Charles Barkley in any 4th qtr he ever played. No trainers working overtime on the sidelines.

How much climate conditioning can be attributed to the overall performance, I dunno.

AZ trains in the moutains up north and not in the valley, I'd imagine that it's just as cool as Oxnard.

Bizwah

Reaction score
We had no intensity last night.

The Cardinals did. They acted like they WANTED to win.

We were just there.

That was a huge difference right there.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
AZ trains in the moutains up north and not in the valley, I'd imagine that it's just as cool as Oxnard.
Yeah, I just read that in Spags' column.

So no conditioning excuses apply whatsoever.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Denny Green said earlier this week that we are putting our game plan together for Dallas.

The Cardinals treated this like a regular season game. Dallas, preseason or not, is their Super Bowl. We are talking about fans that tore down goal posts after a week two win over Dallas a few years ago.

We ran vanilla on offense and defense.

Their key was winning, ours was evaluation.