Twitter: Doug Farrar's top 30 defensive free agents

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, there is 30 players that won't be on the Cowboys roster. :muttley:

I need to go look at all the teams FA's list yet. But plenty of time to do that over the next few weeks.
Any good links? I have not done a search yet. Had a few saved from last year, and need to click on them to see if they still work for this year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This guy is one of my fav NFL Twitter. Love how he cuts through the fat. Kinda reminds me of Albert Breer at MMQB

IF we somehow lose DLaw and Gregory, Haason Reddick, EDGE, Carolina Panthers tops my list as a replacement if we could afford him. Love his game.....

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/lists/2022-nfl-free-agents-j-c-jackson-tyrann-mathieu-von-miller/

I’m wondering if we might be able to get an ‘age vs cost’ discount with a veteran pass rusher like Von Miller or Melvin Ingram which could buy us some time for a younger player.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I’m wondering if we might be able to get an ‘age vs cost’ discount with a veteran pass rusher like Von Miller or Melvin Ingram which could buy us some time for a younger player.

Actually been thinking the same thing.....MM's not shy about squeezing a year or two from an aging vet. Remember Julius Peppers spent the latter part of his career with the packs. I could be wrong, but I'm getting a strange feeling we could very see BOTH our DEs walk. I think DLaw is def gone ( refusing a pay cut ) and Gregory will get more G-money on the open market than Stephen offers

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
A LOT of very very good safeties on that list should give us a lot of leverage with Kearse and Hooker

I’d sign Hooker and Wilson to decent deals and let Kearse test the market. I think he’ll be disappointed

Overthecap put his value around $5M..........thoughts?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually been thinking the same thing.....MM's not shy about squeezing a year or two from an aging vet. Remember Julius Peppers spent the latter part of his career with the packs. I could be wrong, but I'm getting a strange feeling we could very see BOTH our DEs walk. I think DLaw is def gone ( refusing a pay cut ) and Gregory will get more G-money on the open market than Stephen offers

You’re not alone. I’m having that same feeling. My gut says that they could talk to Von Miller about ‘coming home’ to finish his career and let both Lawrence and Gregory go and draft future replacements.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Stephen jones list starts with a list of players with bad injuries and see if they will come in and play for peanuts.his second list will start with over the hill players who nobody wants and generally suck in all measurable stats.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stephen jones list starts with a list of players with bad injuries and see if they will come in and play for peanuts.his second list will start with over the hill players who nobody wants and generally suck in all measurable stats.

ElegantRedCrocodile-max-1mb.gif

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
You’re not alone. I’m having that same feeling. My gut says that they could talk to Von Miller about ‘coming home’ to finish his career and let both Lawrence and Gregory go and draft future replacements.

1000%......Not to mention he and DWare are pretty close. Hell, since he now has the ring and already made a boatload of money, this is not a reach at all.

blueblood70

Reaction score
This guy is one of my fav NFL Twitter. Love how he cuts through the fat. Kinda reminds me of Albert Breer at MMQB

IF we somehow lose DLaw and Gregory, Haason Reddick, EDGE, Carolina Panthers tops my list as a replacement if we could afford him. Love his game.....

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/lists/2022-nfl-free-agents-j-c-jackson-tyrann-mathieu-von-miller/

in what world does cutting Dlaw save the DC any actual real money and really you are paying this man a ton of cash to not play for you and goes and plays for someone else draining our cap?

seriously capologist show me how you cut Dlaw and save any true money having him not here then replacing him with any cash saving most likely not near enough to make sense ..doesnt seem to make fiscal sense..?

all those wanting all these big deals cut need to wait because 2023 season will be that year where nearly all of them are gone. the DC fo needs to go all in similar to the rams to make this year the window that will hard shut in 2023 while they pay the piper with the cap for all these bloated deals coming due.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

To be honest, his take on over-the-hill players just changed since hiring MM and I wouldn't call them over-the-hill. But remember a few years ago he wouldn't even consider a player over 30????

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
in what world does cutting Dlaw save the DC any actual real money and really you are paying this man a ton of cash to not play for you and goes and plays for someone else draining our cap?

seriously capologist show me how you cut Dlaw and save any true money having him not here then replacing him with any cash saving most likely not near enough to make sense ..doesnt seem to make fiscal sense..?

all those wanting all these big deals cut need to wait because 2023 season will be that year where nearly all of them are gone. the DC fo needs to go all in similar to the rams to make this year the window that will hard shut in 2023 while they pay the piper with the cap for all these bloated deals coming due.

Go figure it out on your own. The rest of us already have.

:angry:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Blue.......you're fighting the wrong person (lol). IMO DLaws fate has already been decided, either he's t a pay cut or getting released but no way in he'll continue playing under the current deal. Call Stephen Jones........lol

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Two rings now, right?

I have to check on the Rams’ cap situation and whether or not they can afford to keep him.

I'm thinking they probably can FIND a way if want him bad enough but not there's enough motivation. They have their Super Bowl and at some point, they have to start spending $$$ on younger players, not aging vets.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm thinking they probably can FIND a way if want him bad enough but not there's enough motivation. They have their Super Bowl and at some point, they have to start spending $$$ on younger players, not aging vets.

Looks like they’re $13 million over but they should get a lot of relief if Whitworth retires.