Twitter: Doug Farrar's top 30 defensive free agents

conner01

Reaction score
Well, there is 30 players that won't be on the Cowboys roster. :muttley:

I need to go look at all the teams FA's list yet. But plenty of time to do that over the next few weeks.
Any good links? I have not done a search yet. Had a few saved from last year, and need to click on them to see if they still work for this year.
We need that second 30 list
Though if they can do as well in FA as last year I’d sure be happy
We know they aren’t signing any big stars but they really need to get solid contributors like they did last FA

Portnoy1

Reaction score
Unfortunately, our biggest hope is that we resign both Gregory/Kearse off that list. What I have noticed, there are a ton of NT's this year, let's hope it drives their price down and we are able to land a good one.
We don't like NTs. They are big and we need only quick twitch players said a bad DC who shall remain nameless

Cowboyny

Reaction score
We don't like NTs. They are big and we need only quick twitch players said a bad DC who shall remain nameless
It’s not just the coaches as we had several but the front office just doesn’t make it a priority.

cowboyec

Reaction score
dolphins de emmanuel ogbah intrigues.
i'd love to see von miller here.
that falcons lb whose name i can't spell might be an option.

Reactions: BAT

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Running more of a 3-4? No idea!!!!!

I don't say 3-4, because in the Nickel League, it won't be 4LBs so much. I could use new terminology for the new pass happy NFL.

But Osa seems more of a 3-4 DE. They drafted Bohanna as nose. And they seem more interested in the LB/Edge hybrids than straight 4-3 DEs. And after seeing that Parsons is the perfect LB/Edge hybrid, we've got another push in that direction.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
As good as he is, it would be a waste to play him at DE. He's that good at LB.

It's a waste not to let him edge rush. On a passing down, Parsons strictly in coverage is a waste. Do it sometimes to introduce doubt, but he's too good getting after the QB to spend his time covering RBs and TEs on 3rd down.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I don’t see them using Parsons full time at DE.

It would be a momentous waste to use Parsons as anything but a LB/Edge hybrid, like a classic 3-4 OLB, except as one of two nickel LBs on base downs, and an edge rusher on pass downs. He's good for both. Great for both. Shouldn't grind him down on base downs with having to hold an edge as a DE. What teams have done with 3-4 OLBs forever.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
1000%......Not to mention he and DWare are pretty close. Hell, since he now has the ring and already made a boatload of money, this is not a reach at all.

Von Miller, will not be a difference maker on defense by himself. Please don't start the Parsons rhetoric. Without consistent push from the middle, you would also be trashing Miller.

Carson

Reaction score
dolphins de emmanuel ogbah intrigues.
i'd love to see von miller here.
that falcons lb whose name i can't spell might be an option.
Foyesade Oluokun!

He’s my prediction on who we sign. He was drafted by Quinn, amazing at forced fumbles and is an uprising player. Market value is about $7 per year

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Actually been thinking the same thing.....MM's not shy about squeezing a year or two from an aging vet. Remember Julius Peppers spent the latter part of his career with the packs. I could be wrong, but I'm getting a strange feeling we could very see BOTH our DEs walk. I think DLaw is def gone ( refusing a pay cut ) and Gregory will get more G-money on the open market than Stephen offers
Could happen, but wont surprise me when they restructure DLaw.

kskboys

Reaction score
Von Miller, will not be a difference maker on defense by himself. Please don't start the Parsons rhetoric. Without consistent push from the middle, you would also be trashing Miller.
They'd be complaining that he doesn't make plays in the 4th or at the end of games and is overrated.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Foyesade Oluokun!

He’s my prediction on who we sign. He was drafted by Quinn, amazing at forced fumbles and is an uprising player. Market value is about $7 per year

Oluokun or Wagner.

Von Miller or Randy Gregory.

If Tank traded, would be nice to have 3 of the 4 above.