Doug Martin released

glimmerman

Reaction score
I don’t see us getting a RB unless it’s a 5th rounder. I would resign Morris. Keep our 3 Elliot, Morris and Rod

Kaiser

Reaction score
Hey Kaiser, fish fry tonight,,, just bring a few brews.
Comparing what we need at the RB2 to Dunbar is, well, worthy of a few brews mate.

I think Rod Smith is the clear #2 RB at this point.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I think Rod Smith is the clear #2 RB at this point.
He has flashed a bit, I will certainly give you that.
That's the question.
Alvin Kamara was drafted 3rd round last year.
Comp picks gala in this draft my friend, lots of RB stock,, same as every year.
Never dismiss the opportunity to upgrade a position, even if that is a current position of strength.
Just because we have a Zeke, does not mean you pass on 4th round prospect, when you have the bullets to do so.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
Biased opinion, obviously...but Zeke is far and away the best RB in the league.

However, I don't think anyone wants to see him wear down too quickly...a change of pace back would be wonderful.

Our own version of Ingram/Kamara would really be beneficial to Dak, and the rest of the team.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
he'll want to be a starter somewhere and someone will give in to his demands

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
So I'm seeing a bunch of responses that yall would prefer someone who can catch out of the back field, and also contribute on special teams.

Boy do I have a player for y'all- Tavon Austin once he's cut

Can be a starting KR/PR
Lined up in the backfield to bring something different looks when Gurley was on the sideline
Averages 6.7 yards per rush attempt for his career
Thrives in the short passing game

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I only glanced at the title in the board que and my heart stopped momentarily. I thought it was Zach.

I could feel my will to live slipping away.

Big_D

Reaction score
So I'm seeing a bunch of responses that yall would prefer someone who can catch out of the back field, and also contribute on special teams.

Can be a starting KR/PR
Lined up in the backfield to bring something different looks when Gurley was on the sideline

I’m looking to the draft for a pass catching RB, but Tavon Austin is definitely more along the lines of what the team should be looking for! If the price is right it’s a good signing!

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Rod and Keith are special team studs and are willing to play multiple roles. Alfred Morris was a solid back-up and I would rather Dallas sign him over muscle hamster. Dallas can pick-up quality gifted running backs after the draft, these players are also willing to play special teams.

Zeke is too valuable at this point in his career to be in a committee. I will pass on Doug for a younger stud who can learn special teams.
As much as I like Zeke, I disagree in principal. Committee isn't the word i would use. I like rotation, where he is the clear lead dog. We shouldn't wear him out when we pay other players. I would love to pair him up with a Sony Michele or Ronald Jones. I know they will probably be drafted higher than we should spend on RB but point is we need a RB that can allow the offense to function normally (inside, outside, shifty, speed, balance) when Zeke isn't on the field & who can provide a route running element.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

Can be a starting KR/PR
If LA pays the freight sure.....not at 10m per

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
He's going to be cut, he won't be 10m per.

If I can get him for 3.5m area, I'm doing it. Fills many needs and would free up roster spots.
LA has to pay him 5m even if they cut him
He has another 3m that guarantees on 3/16

Probably not worth cutting over another 3m
Plus we have RSwitzer for that slash role

Find me another Kamara and I'm in

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
LA has to pay him 5m even if they cut him
He has another 3m that guarantees on 3/16

Probably not worth cutting over another 3m
Plus we have RSwitzer for that slash role

Find me another Kamara and I'm in
Thats why he'll likely be cut prior to 3/16, but we'll see. This is all under the hypothetical he is cut and not claimed. Which from rumors is likely.

I hated the Switzer pick and still do. If we can get Tavon im more than willing for Switz to battle for his roster spot. If he loses, he loses.

Finding a Kamara is much easier said than done. He's a freaking stud.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'd probably look for a UDFA rb. Sidenote, I'll probably be releasing my first mock draft on this site (which I did a lot on the other site). I usually do a bunch. My mock drafts usually involve a UDFA list of 10 or 11 players I really like.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Not impossible. Someone who needs his position
Yes, we'll categorize it as impossible.

There arent many teams that dont already have a player at his position better than him, those 1-3 teams that dont will address it with a better free agent or early in the draft.