Signed by Cowboys Dowdle will re-sign with Dallas

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I remember the good old days when everybody moaned about Zeke's contract and how the Cowboys can simply find a good running back anywhere without wasting millions.

Well, now they are doing just that and everybody is still mad.
You know, there is a thing called "middle ground".

The idea that you either have to spend $15 million a season or $1 million a season for a RB is a false dichotomy, it doesn't have to be one or the other.

Mannix

Reaction score
Maybe partially. Probably only needed about $1.5 million for that, unless we overpaid for our own. I was hoping we'd got after Dobbins instead of making Rico the placeholder.
Dobbins is trash….will fit right in!!!

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Dowdl may get us 500 yards in the RB2 role.
Still think they will draft a RB and sign a cheaper Free Agent as well.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Maybe, now we can get on with the business of finding RBs in the draft who are, actually, highly talented. What a novel idea!:thumbup: :flagwave:
Always good to have a decent backup available, however . . . hello, Rico!! . . . :dance:All we need now is OT, C, DB, CB, DE, RB, etc., etc.

Last edited:

Creeper

Reaction score
I would honestly prefer to use Hunter Luepke. Dowdle is okay, but he is just a guy.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Maybe, now we can get on with the business of finding RBs in the draft who are, actually, highly talented. What a novel idea!:thumbup: :flagwave:
Always good to have a decent backup available, however . . . hello, Rico!! . . . :dance:All we need now is OT, C, DB, CB, DE, RB, etc., etc.
The last time I thought this was when we didn't re-sign Murray and brought in McFadden instead. It was a good RB draft ... and we ended up drafting none. Not counting my chickens on this one.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
You know, there is a thing called "middle ground".

The idea that you either have to spend $15 million a season or $1 million a season for a RB is a false dichotomy, it doesn't have to be one or the other.
Nobody realistically thinks Dowdle is the answer, including the Cowboys. But he's a quality backup and this is a nice re-signing.