Dr. Who

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Okay, who do you all think was the best Dr? I like Tennant.
I don't know their names, but the one standing in the rain a few posts back is probably my favorite.
Btw, nobody answered my question. Did they do a full season with the old man Doctor?

The real question is, which companion is your favorite?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Okay, who do you all think was the best Dr? I like Tennant.
As a stand-alone Doctor (without factoring in companions), David Tennant was my favorite one because he was great on his own or with any companion. I also liked Tom Baker who I watched as a kid in Doctor Who re-runs

When you combine the Doctor and his companion, my favorite Doctor was Matt Smith and his compansion Karen Gillan as Amy Pond. Those two together brought a great balance of confidence, eccentricity, awkwardness and humor to the show. In fact, Gillan is probably the only companion I have actually liked on the show.

Since Matt and Karen left the show, I have not watched any Doctor Who episodes because I really did not care for the next doctor nor the companion that accompanied him.

However, I am interested in the new female Doctor (which they should have gone with after Matt Smith in my opinion) so I may start watching the show again.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
By far my favorite companion of the modern cast was Donna Noble aka Doctor Donna. She had good comedic skills, she could act mad when she needed to be, her character helped save more and frankly I think she was one of the only ones that were not initially cast as eye candy.

I liked Billie Piper when she was on.

Amy Pond had dead eyes and I hate seeing people with those dead eyes.

Clara the impossible girl was ok but meh same with Martha Jones.

Favorite Doctor...as others noted...grew up mostly on Tom Baker, I think that was the one they played on PBS in America years ago.

I liked Tennant and Smith equally.

The other two modern ones were OK...Capaldi was good at being angry when need be, Eccleston was good at being goofy when needed.

sean10mm

Reaction score
As a stand-alone Doctor (without factoring in companions), David Tennant was my favorite one because he was great on his own or with any companion. I also liked Tom Baker who I watched as a kid in Doctor Who re-runs

When you combine the Doctor and his companion, my favorite Doctor was Matt Smith and his compansion Karen Gillan as Amy Pond. Those two together brought a great balance of confidence, eccentricity, awkwardness and humor to the show. In fact, Gillan is probably the only companion I have actually liked on the show.

Since Matt and Karen left the show, I have not watched any Doctor Who episodes because I really did not care for the next doctor nor the companion that accompanied him.

However, I am interested in the new female Doctor (which they should have gone with after Matt Smith in my opinion) so I may start watching the show again.

I agree with all of this lol. The last one (Peter Capaldi) wasn't any fun, which is like bringing a car to NASCAR that can't turn left. It's a show that can be serious, but must be fun.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I used to be a big fan. I think there are some genius episodes. But some just flat out bore me at this point.

Midnight is one of the best episodes of television I’ve ever seen. Listen is phenomenal. And everyone knows about Blink.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Yeah, I'll go with that. After Tennant, I think Matt Smith was brilliant with Gillan. I'm intrigued to see what the female doctor does.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Is there a conspiracy to REFUSE TO ANSWER MY QUESTION???????????? :angry::angry::angry:
:grin:

nobody

Reaction score
I don't know their names, but the one standing in the rain a few posts back is probably my favorite.
Btw, nobody answered my question. Did they do a full season with the old man Doctor?

The real question is, which companion is your favorite?

Which old man do you refer to? If you mean John Hurt as the War Doctor? No.

nobody

Reaction score
As far as favorite doctors are concerned, that's a hard one to answer. I like different doctors for different reasons. I kind of like Tom Baker, Matt Smith, and David Tennant equally. Probably Smith and Tennant both on at the same time as the Doctor was my favorite. Their interactions with each other were great.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Which old man do you refer to? If you mean John Hurt as the War Doctor? No.
"War Doctor"? I don't know that term.
eNcMOHj.jpg
The one on the left is my favorite Doctor. The one on the right is the Old Man Doctor to whom I was referring, and the one in the middle, I forgot about completely.

nobody

Reaction score
"War Doctor"? I don't know that term.
eNcMOHj.jpg
The one on the left is my favorite Doctor. The one on the right is the Old Man Doctor to whom I was referring, and the one in the middle, I forgot about completely.

Peter Capaldi is the one on the right and he had 2-3 seasons

waldoputty

Reaction score
So, something you lot may not know about me is that I'm a Dr. Who fan. There's a massive marathon on BBC America at this time, and a new season begins Sunday. Looking forward to it.

has there ever been an attractive female dr who assistant?

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Fun, smart show for the whole family. Not many other shows that I can actually enjoy with my kid. Need to catch up, though. Still on the first season with Peter Capaldi.

FineFan

Reaction score
Dr. Who.
I remember watching the show when I was younger. It would come on the public TV channel around midnight.
Strange show. It has changed quite a bit since the older series.
I saw a film about the making of the show awhile back. I believe it first aired in 1963. The first women producer (in Britain)) was put in charge
of the series. It's first airing was interrupted by the JFK assassination. So it flopped and was almost dropped. I forget the producers' name, but
she fought for a second airing. It became a hit.:)

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Dr. Who.
I remember watching the show when I was younger. It would come on the public TV channel around midnight.
Strange show. It has changed quite a bit since the older series.
I saw a film about the making of the show awhile back. I believe it first aired in 1963. The first women producer (in Britain)) was put in charge
of the series. It's first airing was interrupted by the JFK assassination. So it flopped and was almost dropped. I forget the producers' name, but
she fought for a second airing. It became a hit.:)

I did not know that!! That's incredible!