Dr. Who

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
On a sidenote, being in Houston, I shall probably lock myself in a police box if we lose Sunday. We seriously need to win!!!!!

Londonboy

Reaction score
Yup, it's a female Dr. Who this time, I think, but it's still going to be entertaining, I think. Can't go wrong with Dr. Who.

f7fw6.jpg
Spoken like a Man too young to have experienced the Sylvester McCoy era (the one that got it cancelled 1st time round).

Here's a small taster, "enjoy"

Londonboy

Reaction score
I don't know their names, but the one standing in the rain a few posts back is probably my favorite.
Btw, nobody answered my question. Did they do a full season with the old man Doctor?

The real question is, which companion is your favorite?
Peter Davidson once said that this scene was some of the best acting He ever did, but Nobody noticed.
I wonder why?

Londonboy

Reaction score
I've only watched maybe 3 episodes (from different generations of the life of the show) in my entire life.
I've always thought about diving in, but I just haven't.
Start with Pertwee, then Tom Baker, avoid the 1st half of Davidson the 2nd half of Colin Baker and if You try watching any of Sylvester McCoy, You'll wish You'd gouged out Your eyeballs 1st.
Happy viewing Amerigo.

Londonboy

Reaction score
I never would have watched another Dr. Who. That was like H.R. Pufnstuf.
The show had been waning in popularity for a while.
When the Beeb got a new Director General (Michael Grade), He wanted to get rid of the show, but knew He'd face a back-lash from Dr Who diehards.
He slashed the shows budget to the bone, resulting in all the best writers and Producers leaving and the laughable sets. He then ordered the New Production Team to make it more appealing to younger viewers.
It's hardcore loyalist then became it's biggest critics and it's viewership sank even further.
It's cancellation was akin to having the old Family Pet put down, a sad day, but mixed with a feeling of relief that at least it was no longer suffering.
The unfortunate Sylvester McCoy gets unfairly blamed for killing it off, but Olivier couldn't have saved those scripts, He just happened to be the Doctor who got them.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The show had been waning in popularity for a while.
When the Beeb got a new Director General (Michael Grade), He wanted to get rid of the show, but knew He'd face a back-lash from Dr Who diehards.
He slashed the shows budget to the bone, resulting in all the best writers and Producers leaving and the laughable sets. He then ordered the New Production Team to make it more appealing to younger viewers.
It's hardcore loyalist then became it's biggest critics and it's viewership sank even further.
It's cancellation was akin to having the old Family Pet put down, a sad day, but mixed with a feeling of relief that at least it was no longer suffering.
The unfortunate Sylvester McCoy gets unfairly blamed for killing it off, but Olivier couldn't have saved those scripts, He just happened to be the Doctor who got them.
That was a brilliant and devious maneuver on Grade's part! I think that's what....oh wait, can't get political here. ;)

Jimbo69

Reaction score
The Doctor travels through time, so it's pretty easy to see why he made the comparison.
There have been multiple films/tv that use time travel as a mechanism to tell a story. Back to the future is a comedy/adventure using just that mechanism. However as someone who watched the show from its inception with the william hartnell series and was taken to see the dr who films when they came out, i can see that back to the future and dr who are completely different.
However i must admit i have not enjoyed the character since the peter davison doctor.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There have been multiple films/tv that use time travel as a mechanism to tell a story. Back to the future is a comedy/adventure using just that mechanism. However as someone who watched the show from its inception with the william hartnell series and was taken to see the dr who films when they came out, i can see that back to the future and dr who are completely different.
However i must admit i have not enjoyed the character since the peter davison doctor.
I don't think he meant his post to be taken so literally. I think the time travel aspect is the only comparison he was attempting. Lol

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

I was more or less trying to help the chap that I was responding to understand Dr. Who.

gmoney112

Reaction score
So, the new reboot is good? I'm a huge sci-fi fan but haven't seen any yet.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Enjoyed the episode. New Doctor did well imo and the bad guy was kind of cool. Also liked how the episode left on a cliff hanger.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I liked the first episode. She plays the part of the Doctor very well, IMO.