Dr. Z hospitalized

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been posted yet, but Paul Zimmerman from SI had two strokes and is in the hospital. Peter King has a column about it, with a collection of Z's writing at cnnsi.com

Zimmerman is an old-school football writer, who was a hoot on the old NFL Draft telecasts during the 1980s.

I hope he recovers.

koolaid

Drink Me
Reaction score
wow
i hope he recovers in full
i've always enjoyed his articles and quirky style, although i often disagree with his power rankings

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While I always disagreed with his opinions, I do wish him a speedy recovery.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I never agree w/ his logic, but I find his writing entertaining. Get well soon!

Dodger12

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2457318 said:
While I always disagreed with his opinions, I do wish him a speedy recovery.

Not always Big Dog. Among sports writers, Dr. Z is probably the biggest and most vocal advocate to put Bob Hayes in the HOF. I always appreciated his impartiality and integrity on the issue.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Zimmerman was the champion of Cowboys who are not in the Hall of Fame who should be. He has gone to battle for Howley, Hayes, Harris, and Wright. He quit the Veterans Committee of Hall voters over the bias towards Hayes. In an e-mail response to me he said the bias is real and he detests it.

Get well Dr. Z.

Temo

Reaction score
The godfather of in-depth football analysis in jounalism. He's been doing it for years and still writes a good collumn. For those who haven't read it, go back and read his Phil Simms article-- one of my all time favorite football writings.

Hopefully he's back behind a keyboard soon.