Draft a 1st round CB and hope, or sign a Peters, Bradberry, or Peterson in FA

bleachedwheat

Reaction score
There are a lot of good CB's that can be drafted at 26 this year but a lot of the time they just don't work out. Everyone thought Joseph would be good enough, turns out he bad. I would sign Marcus Peters to a 2 year contract 10-15 Million per year. He is a really physical player, maybe he could teach Diggs how to tackle. The Ravens won't be able to keep him because they have to Sign or Tag Lamar Jackson and they just paid R. Smith. Do this and your free to add a WR in round 1 and a G/C in round 2. CD really needs some help out there. This is the way.

raven55

Reaction score
we aren't going to be able to sign any body between zeke and the 4 round qb there gonna eat most of the cap space. jerry and lil jerry are stupid gm's and that can't be stressed enough look at the amari trade that says it all

bleachedwheat

Reaction score
we aren't going to be able to sign any body between zeke and the 4 round qb there gonna eat most of the cap space. jerry and lil jerry are stupid gm's and that can't be stressed enough look at the amari trade that says it all
Zeke wants to stay in Dallas and said he is willing to take a pay cut to stay here. If he cuts it to 5mil a year that's 15 mil in cap space for next year. Dak will be restructured and that will add 22 mil in cap space for next year. Dallas can also restructure Zack Martin and get 9.8 mil in space and a DLaw full salary cash conversion will open up 11 mil in cap space. With the 6 mil they will already have to start 2023 with the sum of available space could be 62-65 million dollars in space opened up. They can sign anyone they want in FA, it doesn't mean they will but they definitely have the means to. I do agree that the Amari trade was lackluster.

bleachedwheat

Reaction score
This draft class is loaded at CB. I’d rather spend on WR / DT in FA or trade.
This class is also loaded at WR and the available free agents this coming year aren't world beaters unless you want to trade for B. Cooks. This front office won't spend big for a DT in FA if they do get someone the biggest name you could get is maybe D. Tomlinson or Shy Tuttle.
Zeke wants to stay in Dallas and said he is willing to take a pay cut to stay here. If he cuts it to 5mil a year that's 15 mil in cap space for next year. Dak will be restructured and that will add 22 mil in cap space for next year. Dallas can also restructure Zack Martin and get 9.8 mil in space and a DLaw full salary cash conversion will open up 11 mil in cap space. With the 6 mil they will already have to start 2023 with the sum of available space could be 62-65 million dollars in space opened up. They can sign anyone they want in FA, it doesn't mean they will but they definitely have the means to. I do agree that the Amari trade was lackluster.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Address the DT position in free agency. Waiting on someone to develop for 3 years and also gain strength with an NFL off season program just dosent seem like something the owner would want. Then let's say we give the DT we draft 3 years to develop and then he dosent pan out. I say address this in FA and even a O line. Let's draft CB, LB, and WR or if a good QB falls draft that too.

bleachedwheat

Reaction score
Address the DT position in free agency. Waiting on someone to develop for 3 years and also gain strength with an NFL off season program just dosent seem like something the owner would want. Then let's say we give the DT we draft 3 years to develop and then he dosent pan out. I say address this in FA and even a O line. Let's draft CB, LB, and WR or if a good QB falls draft that too.
I would be down with spending money on a DT, but history isn't on your side in that respect. Dallas just don't value DT like they should; I really wish that would change.

cnuball21

Reaction score
This class is also loaded at WR and the available free agents this coming year aren't world beaters unless you want to trade for B. Cooks. This front office won't spend big for a DT in FA if they do get someone the biggest name you could get is maybe D. Tomlinson or Shy Tuttle.
I’d argue this draft class is below average at WR. I don’t think there is a single bonafide #1 WR. Maybe Johnston, but it’s a bunch of #2s. Good depth but not a great class.

I think there’s probably like 5 dudes at CB I’d be comfortable taking in the 1st and it wouldn’t feel like a reach.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There are a lot of good CB's that can be drafted at 26 this year but a lot of the time they just don't work out. Everyone thought Joseph would be good enough, turns out he bad. I would sign Marcus Peters to a 2 year contract 10-15 Million per year. He is a really physical player, maybe he could teach Diggs how to tackle. The Ravens won't be able to keep him because they have to Sign or Tag Lamar Jackson and they just paid R. Smith. Do this and your free to add a WR in round 1 and a G/C in round 2. CD really needs some help out there. This is the way.
Wouldn't rule out both. FA's signings, even long term ones, tend to be short term. Even if it works out you'll have the player for a few years. CB's also have a development curve.

Out of the CB's drafted in the 1st sandwiched in between when Denzel Ward was picks and Patrick Surtain, all gave up a QB rating over 100 as a rookie. Guys like Ward, Surtain and Sauce are more the exception.

If we took a guy at 27, Id be content with them being our #4 as a rookie. They will still get playing time, but we wouldn't be putting pressure on them to come in and being a critical part of the defense

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
People talk about Payne all the time, no one seems to mention Tomlinson. He would be a major add. Paynes value is at an all time high, Tomlinson will probably get about what he got from Minnesota

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This guy knows what he's talking about.

Cornerback is always the way.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Tomlinson would be a good backup plan to Payne.
I think you are talking 10-11 million a year. Maybe not even, because I dont think he is viewed as highly as a 3 down guy VS when he was in NY

I could see Payne getting 20 million a year

cnuball21

Reaction score
I think you are talking 10-11 million a year. Maybe not even, because I dont think he is viewed as highly as a 3 down guy VS when he was in NY

I could see Payne getting 20 million a year
I don’t think Payne will command that much. His teammate Allen is a comfortably better player and is only a tick over 20.

I see Payne being closer to the 10-15 range and Tomlinson being in the 5-7 range.

raven55

Reaction score
why in the world would you keep a running back that you pay a fortune to that is up staged by another on the team move on jimmy is probadly laughing at jerry. reason he said he didn't need him to win a super bowl guess after 26 years he's still trying so all you morons out there think before you start idiot thoughts and think like a gm instead of what stephen a. calls you a bunch of morons

KDM256

Reaction score
I am definitely on board with Tomlinson getting added in FA. Been a fan of his since high school/Bama and was pissed to see him go to the Giants when drafted.

I think he'll get at least 10-12 million FA easily

exciter

Reaction score
People talk about Payne all the time, no one seems to mention Tomlinson. He would be a major add. Paynes value is at an all time high, Tomlinson will probably get about what he got from Minnesota
Derrick Nnandi or however you spell his name. KC was able to get him resigned last year on a 1yr 2.5. Hed be a descent option that shouldn’t invoke to much of a gag reflex in Stephen!

Creeper

Reaction score
The Cowboys are going to restructure Dak again and extend him for at least 2 more years. That's going to give them a big CAP save. Get ready for it.

I think Zeke and possibly Tyron Smith will be released. But as we found out in 2022, CAP space doesn;t matter because Jerry won't use it to sign top tier free agents. Anyone costing over $6 million is out of the question.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
You need to sign someone IMO. Not a top of the market dude, but just a vet to have so you aren't scrambling to sign Xavier Rhodes right before the playoffs.