Draft David Mongtomery in Round 2

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Earl Campbell was ordinary at 26, hurt and bad at 27, good at 28, and done as a starter at that point. He's an argument for not re-signing Zeke.

The comment was Zeke won't play long enough because of the way we use him to make the HOF. My point about Earl Campbell was he was used in the same way, if not more. He made the Hall easily, and if Zeke continues to play the way he has for several more years, he'll make it also.

RS12

Reaction score
Front office would justify this based on NE beating the Rams in the SB using 21 package

Beaker42

Reaction score
And let Zeke walk after his 5th year.

David Montgomery is even worth trading up for in the 2nd round if needed.

Montgomery would provide premium insurance if Zeke happens to go down and would be a good replacement once Zeke's contract expires. This move would also save Dallas from having to give Zeke the top contract for a running back when a new deal is needed ($15-$17 million APY) and the front office can continue to properly manage the cap while signing other key players.

Per NFL.com, "The Cyclones star (Montgomery) forced 100 missed tackles in 2018 (most in the FBS), according to Pro Football Focus, and knows how to finish runs. He has a pro-ready game with good patience, vision and natural hands."

He reminds me a lot of David Johnson.
NO

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And let Zeke walk after his 5th year.

David Montgomery is even worth trading up for in the 2nd round if needed.

Montgomery would provide premium insurance if Zeke happens to go down and would be a good replacement once Zeke's contract expires. This move would also save Dallas from having to give Zeke the top contract for a running back when a new deal is needed ($15-$17 million APY) and the front office can continue to properly manage the cap while signing other key players.

Per NFL.com, "The Cyclones star (Montgomery) forced 100 missed tackles in 2018 (most in the FBS), according to Pro Football Focus, and knows how to finish runs. He has a pro-ready game with good patience, vision and natural hands."

He reminds me a lot of David Johnson.

Im all for drafting a young quality back, but not in the 2nd round. Don't need to go there to find one. 3rd I would contemplate.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Now all the crazy draft things really start! Trading Zeke, the best RB in the league now and most likely the next 5 years would be like becoming the old Cleveland Browns, you know lets go 1-15 every year to get the top pick.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Zeke is going to be packing the rock here for at least another 2 years. I love Montgomery and would consider him at the end of the 3rd in a pure BPA kind of scenario, but pick 58 can still get you a starter and we need one over a backup to Zeke.