Draft Days @ Cowboyszone

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
This thread is to remind folks of the features around here during the Draft.

First of all the Chat room is always a fun place ot be on Draft day. It never stops jumping. We've had as many as 280 people in there at one time.

There will be a special forum set up with 32 threads. One for each team. The Cowboys thread will be stickied of coure. In those threads there will be an accounting of each transaction for each team. We encourage posters to find anything they can on the picks and post it, as well as add your commentary, predictions, and judgments of the draft.

With 2 first round picks this year and Jerry looking to wheel and deal as always, it's going to be a fun day. Between the site, ESPN or NFL Network (whichever you prefer) we promise you will get your Draft fix.

All you have to do is fire up the grill for your favorite Draft foods and enjoy.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Liar!!!

all lies

*huddles in a corner" i don't wanna i don't wanna

all that aside, sweet!! If i thought last year was gonna be crazy, this year might break the world record.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The good graces willing I'll be here from beginning to end.

It all depends on my databases cooperating and lately they hate me.

Draft Day is like Christmas for grown men. The only thing better would be getting to run a draft for a team or actually getting drafted.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
the Dmac bandwagon will be here and hopefully it stops in big D

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
You are so building up the agony of waiting..

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
GOD I love The Zone..........................

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
This is going to be a bittersweet year for me. I love the draft as much as the rest of you, and I love following every second of it. The wait is killing me.

However this year, my wife and I have a vacation planned to start on the 27th. Early that Sunday morning we are flying out of DFW to Chicago before getting aboard a plane to Rome, Italy. We will be gone for 2 weeks.

We've been planning this for over a year--I think we booked the flight last May. Little did I know at the time that it would be on Draft weekend!

I'm going to be watching the first round on Saturday and try to watch as much of it as I can while I'm packing and getting the final preparations ready. But I'm going to miss Sunday and all the post-mortem. Of that, I'm sad. I'm going to have take an extra day off from work when I get back just to read all the stuff to catch up on.

Hope you have fun. I'll be missing out. If it were anything else that is getting in my way, I'd be royally pissed and trying to get out of it. But I can't miss this trip. My wife would go bye-bye if I skipped it for the draft.

Rockytop6

Reaction score
cobra;2027650 said:
This is going to be a bittersweet year for me. I love the draft as much as the rest of you, and I love following every second of it. The wait is killing me.

However this year, my wife and I have a vacation planned to start on the 27th. Early that Sunday morning we are flying out of DFW to Chicago before getting aboard a plane to Rome, Italy. We will be gone for 2 weeks.

We've been planning this for over a year--I think we booked the flight last May. Little did I know at the time that it would be on Draft weekend!

I'm going to be watching the first round on Saturday and try to watch as much of it as I can while I'm packing and getting the final preparations ready. But I'm going to miss Sunday and all the post-mortem. Of that, I'm sad. I'm going to have take an extra day off from work when I get back just to read all the stuff to catch up on.

Hope you have fun. I'll be missing out. If it were anything else that is getting in my way, I'd be royally pissed and trying to get out of it. But I can't miss this trip. My wife would go bye-bye if I skipped it for the draft.

I get these 24 months' calendars and mark off the draft week. I blot out two weekends starting on Saturday through the following Sunday. Regardless of what comes up, I am already scheduled during draft week.

Woods

Reaction score
cobra;2027650 said:

Believe it or not, I'm actually cutting my vacation short so I can sit in front of the computer and focus on the draft.

But to be fair, I warned my wife far in advance that this year I wanted to watch the draft in its entirety.

Now, if I can only figure out what to do with the kids over that weekend . . . . I'll have to try and arrange play dates for them. :)

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
Woods;2027765 said:
Believe it or not, I'm actually cutting my vacation short so I can sit in front of the computer and focus on the draft.

But to be fair, I warned my wife far in advance that this year I wanted to watch the draft in its entirety.

Now, if I can only figure out what to do with the kids over that weekend . . . . I'll have to try and arrange play dates for them. :)

Don't you have a closet?

J/K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p: Or am I???????:cool:

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Anyone in SC want to have a draft day get together? I'm new to the area and left all my draft buddies back in NY. I'm lonely............:(

lol

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
Man I love this site. Just so you know, I tend to have about 10 Coronas in me so forgive me if I misspell a few words.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
cobra;2027650 said:

traitor -----actually have a great time :laugh1:

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Goldenrichards83;2028174 said:
Man I love this site. Just so you know, I tend to have about 10 Coronas in me so forgive me if I misspell a few words.

Trust me not many around Hear will no itt::lmao: