Nathan Thomas 41
Justin Rogers 35

Yahoo Sports

Tyler Guyton C+
Marshawn Kneeland B-
Cooper BeeBe A
Marist Luifau C
Either they decided the first two days were the only
ones they would grade or they have not got to the others yet.
Caelen Carson
Ryan Flournoy
Nathan Thomas
Justin Rogers

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
USA TODAY

31. Dallas Cowboys (D)​

An organization that’s allegedly “all in” uses its first-rounder on a tackle (Oklahoma’s Tyler Guyton) with tremendous upside but who may or may not be ready to play immediately. And while the Cowboys needed help in the trenches (second-round DE Marshawn Kneeland, third-round G Cooper Beebe) and potentially filled a hole with third-round Notre Dame LB Marist Liufau, what’s the plan at tailback? Run it back with Ezekiel Elliott? All … in?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
All in was a catch phrase to keep the Cowboys in the media. Jerry is going to make Dak and CeeDee earn those extensions.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
USA TODAY

31. Dallas Cowboys (D)​

An organization that’s allegedly “all in” uses its first-rounder on a tackle (Oklahoma’s Tyler Guyton) with tremendous upside but who may or may not be ready to play immediately. And while the Cowboys needed help in the trenches (second-round DE Marshawn Kneeland, third-round G Cooper Beebe) and potentially filled a hole with third-round Notre Dame LB Marist Liufau, what’s the plan at tailback? Run it back with Ezekiel Elliott? All … in?
This draft all relies on fillling our holes on OL. If we have then it’s a B+to A-.

If we’d got a RB in 3rd with 2nd pick which Marshawn from USC was selected after us then could have been higher grade .

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
USA TODAY

31. Dallas Cowboys (D)

This grade makes ZERO sense. Talk about clueless.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
ESPN must be player ratings as they are generally declining with each round.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
The Draft Grades are stupid....not because of the obvious (we won't know how good they are for 2 years), but because these sites that hand out "grades" only give out A's, Bs, and occasionally Cs.

CBS even gave ATL a B- for Penix debacle.

So, if you see a C, that's the equivalent of an F.
C+ is like a D-
B- is like a C-
B+ is like a B-
Etc etc etc

Jimbo123

Reaction score
The only draft grade that matters is the one from the CZers. A+ BABY

Havic

Reaction score
Something to talk about I guess. I thought we got some good value in the later rounds. Swap out that lb for wright / Lloyd and I think the draft would have been a B to A-

Jarntt

Reaction score
USA TODAY

31. Dallas Cowboys (D)​

I think a lot of publications, gurus and fans went into the draft with a simple minded list of position that the Cowboys should pick like it's Walmart. RB didn't get checked off so the grades and complaints will reflect that.

To me this is a draft that if the players pan out helps us from being bullied in the playoffs. Two OL and run stopping DE and a LBer? I'm a BPA guy and assuming they went at least somewhat BPA I'm good with the strategy and positions.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
This grade makes ZERO sense. Talk about clueless.
Agreed. The men and women who run the 32 NFL teams don’t know how their teams’ drafts will work out yet. How would writers at “USA Today” know enough to be able to assign grades? Liufau will be the first to provide significant contribution because of the position he plays. If I were to bet, Kneeland will be the one that emerges as the biggest “get” from this draft. This was a sensible draft. And there wasn’t a great college running back to be had this year. Last year there were two, but nothing like those guys this time around. I agree it would be prudent to consider who might be able to be signed before TC and don’t know if Elliott is a particularly wise addition. Teams that did draft a RB in this draft will still be looking at potential signings at the position.

_sturt_

Reaction score
I've stopped caring about the grades thing over time, in direct proportion to beginning to sense more that the graders themselves tend more and more to be not all that credible themselves. You'd have to find me a group... not just one, but a panel... of former GMs who attempt that task for it to be meaningful. And even then... what meaning?... the proof will be in the pudding about 3 years from now.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think when we judge this years draft class in 2 years, we will see 4 starters and 2 role players. This was a good draft for us. The reach at linebacker when we had Lloyd sitting there will haunt us. But other than that, we did well. Im loving the last pick we made with Justin Rogers. It was great value and well worth a dart throw. Hès a 344-pound trash can of dirt at the 1 tech.That kid might battle Mazi. Hes a gritty try hard guy and good against the run. Hes a guy to watch.