Draft Insiders Latest 1st Round Mock

Duane

Reaction score
1 Houston - Reggie Bush - RB - USC
Texans looking to sign Reggie but recent smoke screen for Super Mario is mainly for contract posturing. Bush will be an impact performer for this club.

2 New Orleans - Mario Williams - DE - N.C. St.
In a perfect world, the Saints want to move back in the top 5 picks and still have a chance at OT D’Brickashaw Ferguson.

3 Tennessee - Vince Young - QB - Texas
Titans offense looking for a future starter here and the talented Young may have the biggest ceiling of any player in this draft class.

4 New York Jets - D’Brickashaw Ferguson - OT - Virginia.
Jets are debating between Ferguson, Super Mario or one of the top three QBs here.

5 Green Bay - A. J. Hawk - LB - Ohio St.
Packers defense needs playmakers and leadership and Hawk gives them both.

6 x- San Francisco - Michael Huff - S - Texas
49ers looking for impact defender and they need a playmaker in the secondary.

7 x - Oakland - Matt Leinart - QB - USC
Raiders’ GM Al Davis has had great success with lefty passers.

8 Buffalo - Haloti Ngata - DT - Oregon
Bills front four is looking to get an anchor in the middle.

9 Detroit - Jay Cutler - QB - Vanderbilt
Lions added two veteran passers but will not hesitate to select a top flight QB at this selection.

10 Arizona - Brodrick Bunkley - DT - Florida St.
Cards hope to add this explosive defender to couple with former college teammate Darnell Dockett on the inside.

11 St. Louis - Vernon Davis - TE - Maryland
Rams will show a new offense and TE will play a bigger role in their passing game.

12 Cleveland - Winston Justice - OT - USC
Browns offensive line has never reached playoff levels and their young starting passer in Frye needs better protection.

13 Baltimore - Chad Greenway - LB - Iowa
Ravens looking to add an impact defender and this versatile backer give them flexibility in their front seven.

14 Philadelphia – Santonio Holmes - WR - Ohio St
Eagles will attempt to address this position early and have the top two prospects earmarked at this spot.

15 Denver (Atlanta) – Chad Jackson - WR - Florida
Broncos looking for a big play receiver and Jackson has the package to deliver.

16 Miami - Antonio Cromartie - CB - Florida St.
Nick Saban wants to add a shut down corner and Cromartie is flying up the charts.

17 Minnesota - Ashton Youboty - CB - Ohio St
Vikings secondary lost some players and may make further changes.

18 Dallas - DeMeco Ryans - LB - Alabama
Cowboys defense is looking for another playmaker on their front seven.

19 San Diego - Manny Lawson - LB/ DE - N.C. St.
Chargers looking for an edge pass rusher opposite Shawnee Merriman.

20 Kansas City - Tye Hill - CB - Clemson
Chiefs will focus on defense early in this draft and Hill is a stud cover man.

21 New Eng - Kamerion Wimbley - LB - Florida St.
Pats looking for the edge pass rusher to replace veteran Willie McGinest.

22 San Francisco (Denver-Wash) - Mathias Kiwanuka - DE - B.C.
49ers could use both #1 picks on the defensive side of the ball.

23 Tampa Bay – Eric Winston - OT - Miami
Bucs offensive line will be addressed on the first day of the draft.

24 Cincinnati - Jimmy Williams - CB - Virginia Tech
Bengals need to add a well developed cover man here and Williams also has the versatility to play safety.

25 N. Y. Giants - Ernie Sims - LB - Florida St
G Men would make this pick in a minute but Lavar Arrington is ready to be signed very soon.

26 Chicago – Johnathan Joseph - CB - S. Carolina
Bears may jump on secondary problems early and often.

27 Carolina - Laurence Maroney - RB - Minnesota
Panthers will add a runner early with playmaking ability and Maroney is a home run hitter.

28 Jacksonville - Bobby Carpenter - LB - Ohio St.
Jaguars have this guy on their short list and an ideal SAM backer with outside pass pressure ability.

29 N.Y. Jets (Atlanta-Denver) – Tamba Hali - DE - Penn St.
Jets may come back and replace John Abraham with the selection they received for him.

30 Indianapolis – DeAngelo Williams - RB - Memphis
Colts would love to add this playmaker after losing Edgerrin James this offseason.

31 Seattle - Donte’ Whitner - S - Ohio St.
Seahawks must improve their secondary and safety could be a bigger problem if Ken Hamlin is not ready to return after a head injury.

32 Pittsburgh – Nick Mangold - OC - Ohio St.
Steelers have a history of great centers and Mangold is well developed and ready to start now.

WittenFan

Reaction score
Wait, wait, wait... Lawson, Wimbley and Carpenter are all there at 18 and we pick DeMeco Ryans? Does anyone know anything about this kid. I don't think I've ever even heard his name before and all of a sudden we're taking him in the first round? :doh:

BlueStar II

Reaction score
I don't see that there is any way in the world we would take Ryans if Lawson, Wimbley, and Carpenter are all still on the board....no way!!

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Duane said:

Chargers looking for an edge pass rusher opposite Shawnee Merriman.

21 New Eng - Kamerion Wimbley - LB - Florida St.
Pats looking for the edge pass rusher to replace veteran Willie McGinest.

28 Jacksonville - Bobby Carpenter - LB - Ohio St.
Jaguars have this guy on their short list and an ideal SAM backer with outside pass pressure ability.

:eekmouse:

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score

Chargers looking for an edge pass rusher opposite Shawnee Merriman

Unreal if this happens again this year.....Chargers will take the player we all thought we were taking......

onetrickpony

Reaction score
WittenFan said:
Wait, wait, wait... Lawson, Wimbley and Carpenter are all there at 18 and we pick DeMeco Ryans? Does anyone know anything about this kid. I don't think I've ever even heard his name before and all of a sudden we're taking him in the first round? :doh:

This guy grades out as a third round prospect on NFL.com. He is also projected as an inside LB.

:eek:

I don't think so..... there must have been some homer influence on this one.

:lmao2:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
This draft is absurd. Ryans from Alabama is a pretty good football player but I don't think he grades out better then Carpenter does. I think Ryans might possibly be a late first round pick or probably a 2nd round guy. Not 18 IMO. I also noticed he has Davis slipping all the way to 11. I don't see that happening at all. I think Arizona would snatch him up before Detroit could ever get the name Cutler to the podium. He also has Oakland taking Leinart who I have heard they are not really in love with at all. I don't see Cleveland taking Justice, I don't see Baltimore taking Greenway, I don't see Philly taking Holmes over Jackson. This draft is horrible IMO.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Demeco won't be a Cowboy. He doesn't fit our scheme (undersized). He's also the type of LB that runs around plays rather than taking them on.

Ain't gonna happen.

Reaction score
Not to mention that if the draft falls THAT way the Cowboys already have a deal with the Jaguars move out of that spot... (supposedly)

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Avery said:
Demeco won't be a Cowboy. He doesn't fit our scheme (undersized). He's also the type of LB that runs around plays rather than taking them on.

Ain't gonna happen.

Ditto...not even worried about it.

WittenFan

Reaction score
For anyone interested here is a link that will take you to a page of OLB prospects in the draft. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/prospects?rank_type=15

They have definately got him graded higher than Carpenter as an OLB but if I am reading this page correctly he also grades higher overall than Wimbley and Lawson who are listed as DE.

There's also video of Ryans and many of the other prospects.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
WittenFan said:

My thoughts exactly. *** mate.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ABQCOWBOY said:
This draft is absurd. Ryans from Alabama is a pretty good football player but I don't think he grades out better then Carpenter does. I think Ryans might possibly be a late first round pick or probably a 2nd round guy. Not 18 IMO. I also noticed he has Davis slipping all the way to 11. I don't see that happening at all. I think Arizona would snatch him up before Detroit could ever get the name Cutler to the podium. He also has Oakland taking Leinart who I have heard they are not really in love with at all. I don't see Cleveland taking Justice, I don't see Baltimore taking Greenway, I don't see Philly taking Holmes over Jackson. This draft is horrible IMO.

I agree ABQ... A horrible "mock".

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
These are the "Insiders"? Seems like they didn't consider a lot of team needs or systems and/or how a player fits into the system. I think I'd rather be an outsider if this is the vommit they are regurgitating on a "Pay" site.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I hope Best Buy or Circuit City has good deals on TV, because if that happens I will have to get a new one. That is a terrible mock.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
why dont they just have us taking a kicker or punter?

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
kowboys 05 said:
why dont they just have us taking a kicker or punter?

Ryans is a really good player, but he doesn't fit what the cowboys are looking for. Maybe 2 years ago, but not now. We need the bigger players to play in the 3-4. On the other hand, Pitt took Larry Foote the other year, and he wasn't very big, but that was in the 3rd or 5th round I think.