Draft Insiders Latest 1st Round Mock

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Ryans supposedly doesn't fit Parcells size/weight ratio for LBer, but having watched him for 4 years, I can tell you he is a great football player.

Ryans is extremely instinctive and productive. Absolute top-character person, he will be a team leader much like Bruschi for the Pats.

He is a bigger, faster Dat Ngyuen. Or you could compare him very favorably to Jonathan Vilma.

A good team, later in the round, is gonna get a heck of a football player!

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Duane said:
18 Dallas - DeMeco Ryans - LB - Alabama
Cowboys defense is looking for another playmaker on their front seven.

19 San Diego - Manny Lawson - LB/ DE - N.C. St.
Chargers looking for an edge pass rusher opposite Shawnee Merriman.

21 New Eng - Kamerion Wimbley - LB - Florida St.
Pats looking for the edge pass rusher to replace veteran Willie McGinest.

I guess the person that made this mock draft been hagging around Ricky Williams during the off-season.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Are they aware that Jimmy Johnson and the 4-3 have left town?

bayarealightning

Reaction score
This mock is terrible. I guess the writer has never heard of Steve Foley (10 sacks in 2004) or Shaun Phillips (7 sacks last year playing part-time and started a couple of games when Foley was hurt) who play opposite Merriman. Also, I guess the guy hasn't heard that the chargers are shopping Donnie Edwards. Any LB that the Chargers would draft will be an ILB and he will not be selected in the first round. I wouldn't worry too much about this garbage.

silver

Reaction score
WittenFan said:
Wait, wait, wait... Lawson, Wimbley and Carpenter are all there at 18 and we pick DeMeco Ryans? Does anyone know anything about this kid. I don't think I've ever even heard his name before and all of a sudden we're taking him in the first round? :doh:
the next tony dixon...:puke:
:nono2:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
WittenFan said:
For anyone interested here is a link that will take you to a page of OLB prospects in the draft. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/prospects?rank_type=15

They have definately got him graded higher than Carpenter as an OLB but if I am reading this page correctly he also grades higher overall than Wimbley and Lawson who are listed as DE.

There's also video of Ryans and many of the other prospects.

Ryan may be a higher ranked 4-3 OLB, but definitely not as a 3-4 one

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:
He is a bigger, faster Dat Ngyuen. Or you could compare him very favorably to Jonathan Vilma.

A good team, later in the round, is gonna get a heck of a football player!

that's an ILB in our scheme then