Draft Losers last night

CowboyChris

Reaction score
just my opinion

1. Patriots, they had a ton of offers for that 3rd pick, passed for Maye

2. Giants, spent a ton of time on QB’s, tried to trade up, ultimately passed on McCarthy and Penix

3. Titans, it’s not their fault the Chargers stole their player in Joe Alt, they should’ve traded down

4. Falcons, they just signed Cousins to a 180 million dollar deal, and took Pennix, thats just too high for that type of move. plus the best defensive players were still on the board.

5. Raiders, probably the worst move of them all, after failing to move up for a QB, rumors are they wanted Pennix, what do they do? they take another TE in Bowers after drafting Maier last year in the first, don’t forget they whiffed on Waller before that.

6. Green Bay, maybe not their fault but Detroit traded up with us and stole their CB from them.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
just my opinion

2. Giants, spent a ton of time on QB’s, tried to trade up, ultimately passed on McCarthy and Penix

3. Titans, it’s not their fault the Chargers stole their player in Joe Alt, they should’ve traded down

4. Falcons, they just signed Cousins to a 180 million dollar deal, and took Pennix, thats just too high for that type of move. plus the best defensive players were still on the board.

5. Raiders, probably the worst move of them all, after failing to move up for a QB, rumors are they wanted Pennix, what do they do? they take another TE in Bowers after drafting Maier last year in the first, don’t forget they whiffed on Waller before that.

6. Green Bay, maybe not their fault but Detroit traded up with us and stole their CB from them.
Maye is a franchise QB and you dont pass on that if you dont have one

Malhavoc

Reaction score
just my opinion

On the surface some definite head scratchers.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Maye is a franchise QB and you dont pass on that if you dont have one
rumors were they were offered 3 1st rounders and some change and Kraft wanted more, if any team needed more picks other than us, it was the Pats

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
rumors were they were offered 3 1st rounders and some change and Kraft wanted more, if any team needed more picks other than us, it was the Pats
If you dont a franchise QB, you dont have anything. Those first round picks wont mean anything with no QB

John813

Reaction score
Falcons are #1 for me.

NE needs a QB. Maye isn't a sure thing, but you either have a QB or not, and Maye could of impressed them enough in interviews etc...
Raiders had an odd pick, unless they are dead set running the 2TE as their standard formation. Talent wise, great pick. Needs wise? Odd

visionary

Reaction score
If Maye is a franchise QB then they made the right decision

CowboyChris

Reaction score
If you dont a franchise QB, you dont have anything. Those first round picks wont mean anything with no QB
that’s fair, but they drafted a franchise QB in Mac Jones who failed because of the talent around him, Maye is in a similar situation

chicago JK

Reaction score
Kirk Cousins....sure he got paid, but now he needs to look over his shoulder. Everyone likes the backup QB. Also, how long will a front office want your high first round QB (who is already old) sit before he gets on the field?

Sean Payton....the note about him having the card ready to draft Mahomes before the Chiefs drafted him may or may not be true. Shefter saying Payton has the same feelings about Nix that he had about Mahomes seems like not a smart thing to be saying.

John813

Reaction score
that’s fair, but they drafted a franchise QB in Mac Jones who failed because of the talent around him, Maye is in a similar situation

I've never been a fan drafting a QB from powerhouses.
Mac Jones had a good offensive line, good RB's legit #1's at WR and a good defense.

Tua struggled a bit in the NFL until the Dolphins drafted Waddle(Bama teammate) and then traded for the best WR in the league.
Of course QB's need talent, but at the same time I feel it's hard to judge QB's that only face a tough opponent in the Championship game or SEC Final(depending on conference).
Hell, even Lawrence has struggled at times in Jacksonville and is far from the next Luck or Manning

Maye is coming from North Carolina, not Championship Bama.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I still dont get what the Falcons are doing.Penix is OLD,you cannot afford to let him sit and learn from Cousins.

RS12

Reaction score
just my opinion

I agree the Raiders needed a QB so not getting one makes them a loser. Drafting Bowers if he stays healthy however I believe is one of the surer picks in the draft. Yeah they got Mayer already but two TE sets are common in the league and Bowers should be a stud.

Bluefin

Reaction score
Kirk Cousins....sure he got paid, but now he needs to look over his shoulder.
Kirk Cousins had no idea Atlanta was going to do that.

The Falcons texted or called him while they were on the clock about what they were getting ready to do with the 8th overall selection.

exciter

Reaction score
just my opinion

You have the #3 pick , no QB and there’s one sitting there who’s rated in the top 5-10 by everyone, then you take him. Otherwise you’re not even attempting to try!

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Disagree on NY.

They have Jones (big contract) and Drew Lock. You draft the stud WR
that’s true, but they spent a lot of time with all the QB’s leading up to the draft, and was reported they were trying desperately to trade up, in my opinion for Maye. btw if i’m not mistaken they can get out of the Jones contract after this year.