Draft Questionaire 2/23

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Copy/paste, or quote OP with your awnsers

- Who are your favorite Day 2 WR's?

- If Dallas moves down, would you rather get 2024 picks or 2025 picks?

- Chop Robinson: Viable pick or more of what we have

- Would you consider trading up in the 2nd or 3rd for Zack Frazier or Sedrick Van Pran?

- If Dallas has the wait until Day 3 for a HB, who are their best options?

- What pick range do you think Johnny Wilson will get drafted?

- What is a possibility for Dallas's first round pick that no one is talking about?

- Who is your comp for Darius Robinson

cnuball21

Reaction score

- Who are your favorite Day 2 WR's? Leggette, McConkey, Wilson, Cowing just to name a few…there are a ton.

Monster - arguably best combo of burst / bend in the draft just needs polish.

- Would you consider trading up in the 2nd or 3rd for Zack Frazier or Sedrick Van Pran?

No

Estime, Allen, Guerendo, Laube, McClellen

4/5th round

- What is a possibility for Dallas's first round pick that no one is talking about?

RB if we go full blown reach

Tyrone Crawford

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

- Who are your favorite Day 2 WR's? Leggette, McConkey, Wilson, Cowing just to name a few…there are a ton.

Monster - arguably best combo of burst / bend in the draft just needs polish.

No

Estime, Allen, Guerendo, Laube, McClellen

4/5th round

RB if we go full blown reach

Tyrone Crawford
Do you think Estime and Allen could last to our comp 5th?

rambo2

Reaction score

Johnny Wilson isn't good. Nubin the safety from Minnesota is a possible pick.

J-man

Reaction score
There are a bunch of fringe RD1 early RD2 guys like Worthy, Mitchell, Polk, Franklin, Corley, and especially Leggett if he, or any of them get close to us in Rd2 we should be considering it. But true day 2 guys, I like R Wilson, McMillan, Pearsall, Walker Rice, and Thrash

2024, we need to get as much as we can try and seize this window while it's still open.

Not my first choice and I'm a Penn Stater. he's good, very solid but not enough for what we need that early in the draft

I would if we miss on O-line earlier

IDK really, Llyod, Steele? Or maybe Wright falls but I doubt it. Jase McClellan from AL maybe a late rd find.

around 90-140

DT Newton or Murphy if they fall, DE Verse if he falls or Darius Robinson, CB Kool Aid or the S Nubin is my dark horse pick, probably after a trade back closer to 30

a faster Chris Jones

rambo2

Reaction score
The question wasnt whether you thought he was good. The question was what range do you think he will get drafted
I know that he has trouble getting off the line of scrimmage and getting separation. No reason to draft him.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I know that he has trouble getting off the line of scrimmage and getting separation. No reason to draft him.
The question has nothing do with us drafting him. Its what pick range you expect him to be drafted in

rambo2

Reaction score
The question has nothing do with us drafting him. Its what pick range you expect him to be drafted in
I understand you. I would be shocked if Dallas drafted him. I'll guess that somebody would waste a 5th round pick on him.

RS12

Reaction score
McConkey...Cooper Kupp vibe

Depends. How high are the 25 picks?

Chop Robinson: Viable pick or more of what we have
Intriguing, has a quick get off.

I would if we miss on O-line earlier
Yep.

Allen.

What pick range do you think Johnny Wilson will get drafted?
Someone will call his name in round 2, 3 latest.

DT. Sweat, Robinson. DB Dejean

Ziggy Ansah not quite as athletic

Gambit

Reaction score
Coleman, McConkey, Legette, Corley
2024 we need picks now to take advantage of window
Viable, yes.
nope
Laube, Mcllean, Gore Jr (real late)
I think there will be a run so earlier than most expect 90-110
Bowers if he slips
A bigger DLaw

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
McConkey...Cooper Kupp vibe

Depends. How high are the 25 picks?

Intriguing, has a quick get off.

Yep.

Allen.

Someone will call his name in round 2, 3 latest.

DT. Sweat, Robinson. DB Dejean

Ziggy Ansah not quite as athletic
For 2025 picks, typically if you get a future pick, its a round before the one you gave up

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Who are your favorite Day 2 WR's?
Brenden Rice, USC
Malachi Corley, Western Kentucky
Ricky Pearsall, Florida
If Dallas moves down, would you rather get 2024 picks or 2025 picks?
2024, I don't want to go from the 3rd until the end of the 5th round without any draft picks.
I mean, how can we reach for the Viliami Fehoko's of the world with no 4th round picks?

Similar to Sam Williams. More explosive get-off. Great first step, clueless third step.

Would you consider trading up in the 2nd or 3rd for Zack Frazier or Sedrick Van Pran?
Yes for Frazier. I like Van Pran but would wait on him for that late 3rd. Okay losing out on him.

If Dallas has the wait until Day 3 for a HB, who are their best options?
Marshawn Lloyd, USC
Ray Davis, Kentucky
Dillon Johnson, Washington

The problem is, "Day 3" right now for Dallas is a late 5th, a late 6th, and two 7th round picks.

Guys I like later are:
Blake Watson, Memphis
Isaac Guerendo, Louisville
Kendall Milton, Georgia
Jawhar Jordan, Louisville

Someone will gamble on his size/speed combo. Late 2nd round.
What is a possibility for Dallas's first round pick that no one is talking about?
Trading it to Carolina for Derrick Brown.

Who is your comp for Darius Robinson
Twitchier Tank.

Young Cam Jordan.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I love seeing these threads every year. Definitely sets the mood for draft season.

Who are your favorite Day 2 WR's?
I haven't watched very many receivers, honestly. I like Xavier Legette's measurables and Malachi Corley's tape.

If Dallas moves down, would you rather get 2024 or 2025 picks?
Probably 2025. pull a Belichick on 'em.

Kind of both? He's a pure speed rusher in the Parsons, Sam Williams, Fowler mold, but he's got a head-spinning amount of juice. Edge rushing is the most athleticism dependent position in football. Look at the top 20 or so sack leaders, and you'll see few guys who are even decent NFL athletes. Like 80 or 90 percent of them are just freaks. To my eye, Chop looks like he's got the most raw explosion of any DE in this class, so he has one of the best chances to become a high-end contributor.

Would you consider trading up in the 2nd or 3rd for Zack Frazier or Sedrick Van Pran?
Trading up for low value positions is rarely good business, and doing it in a year where we're short on picks is worse. If center is really that big of a need, we should sign a vet.

I don't know where he's ranked, but I like Jaylen Wright's tape. High end size-speed guy, and he's a willing blocker too.

Just had to watch his tape now. I would guess early, because his traits are so extreme, but it's also tough to judge him for the same reason. He's kind of one-gear and lumbering, which is usually a death sentence for a receiver, but is it really the same when you're 6'7". I will say, he looks like a more nuanced route runner than I would expect. He gets open, he doesn't just go up over CBs for the rebound. If he has a good Combine and prove that he can accelerate, then I would say top 50. A first round pick wouldn't even be out of the question.

What is a possibility for Dallas's first round pick that no one is talking about?
Jonathan Brooks. The Cowboys like drafting for need, and RB is a need. They may be willing to reach.

Who is your comp for Darius Robinson.
Marlon Davidson. I don't like DE/DT tweeners, and I really hate slow tweeners. Without a lot of speed, they can't pass rush outside (see Tyrone Crawford), and since they're undersized as interior linemen, they need to be very quick to win there at all. I don't see that kind of speed or quickness with Robinson. He's tough and plays with good leverage, but just isn't a big time athlete. 20 years ago, he might have made it as a Parcells-ian 5T who just sets a hard edge on the LT all game, but that's an extinct species nowadays.