Draft Show: Full 7-Round

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
90 came down to Trayveon Williams, Mecole Hardman and Anthony Nelson. Williams was the pick.

Sydla

Reaction score
So they took Deebo or Hill at 58?

Because Deebo then followed by a TB at 90 would be hilarious.

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
In the 4th they took John Cominsky and Khari Willis. They were also in agreement that they’d rather have traded 58 & 90 to go get a safety, Rapp or Thornhill, then take Dexter Williams in the 4th.

Sydla

Reaction score
In the 4th they took John Cominsky and Khari Willis. They were also in agreement that they’d rather have traded 58 & 90 to go get a safety, Rapp or Thornhill, then take Dexter Williams in the 4th.

Trading 58 and 90 to get Rapp would ruin my weekend. LOL.

Carson

Reaction score
Deebo.

Ugh.

Just curious why is Deebo ugh? If the safety market is gone, I’m happy with this. He takes over for Cobb next year and gives us an elite 1-2-3 punch. I’d rather Deebo than reach on a DT.

Everyone has their opinion and not trying to be a jerk. Just curious

Sydla

Reaction score
Just curious why is Deebo ugh? If the safety market is gone, I’m happy with this. He takes over for Cobb next year and gives us an elite 1-2-3 punch. I’d rather Deebo than reach on a DT.

Because a slot WR that likely won't start in the 2nd round is a waste of value IMO. Same with some that suggest taking a TB to back up Elliott in the 2nd or 3rd would be wise.

Nothing against Deebo as a player, he's a talent kid. I just don't see the value in the pick. Same with the people that want to take the Damien Harris in the 2nd round to back up Elliott. Nice player, but where's the value in taking a back up TB with your 58th pick?

Bluefin

Reaction score
2 (58). DTTrystan Hill, UCF
3 (90). RB Trayveon Williams, Texas A&M
4. (128). DE John Cominsky, Charleston
4 (136). SS Khari Willis, Michigan St.
5 (165). CB Derrek Thomas, Baylor
7 (241). LB Dre Greenlaw, Arkansas

Awful.

Will McClay would never let that happen.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I am biased but I think he's going to be a decent NFL TB. He had his issues at ND that limited his production but his final year at ND he was pretty good.
When people say backs are a dime a dozen, he is one of the backs out of this draft that come immediately to my mind.

morasp

Reaction score

I just think it's an awful lot of draft capital tied up in one position three and six last year and one and two this year. They don't even know what they have with Cedrick Wilson yet. I'm also not certain about Deebo's injury history.

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
When people say backs are a dime a dozen, he is one of the backs out of this draft that come immediately to my mind.

Oh don't get me wrong............ he's no stud. But in the 5th round or even that 4th comp pick? He'd be a pretty decent backup to Elliott, certainly better than Rod Smith. I wouldn't advocate taking him higher than that 4th comp pick. Further, I think given his issue at ND that limited his production and likely hurt his draft spot, he has more upside than some of the other backs you are seeing in the late rounds.

But I also am of the mindset we shouldn't be taking a TB before the 4th round anyway. Given the Cowboys seem likely to want him back on another deal, I don't need to come out of this draft with Harris in the 2nd or Trayveon Williams in the 3rd. I just need a decent late round back that can carry the ball 6-8 times a game, max. I think Wiliams can do that pretty well.