Draft the three fastest players in NFL history

conner01

Reaction score
So true.
One thing that is almost certain is that the on-campus times are always, conveniently, much faster.

The old Alexander Wright 4.1 thing is a good example. The real time may have been closer to 4.3 for all we know, as it was just hand-timed, possibly even wind aided, he-said she-said time that we get so often outside the combine.

Some of those old times may've been real too, but we have no way to eally know for sure.
One thing for sure is these guys keep getting bigger, stronger and faster
The number of 4.3 guys just keeps going up
4.4 was once a fast guy lol

quickccc

Reaction score
Alexander Wright ran a 4.1 forty.
- He had no lateral agility and hands of stone, but in a straight line he was incredibly fast.

Teddy Williams in college beat Bob Hayes 100m best official 100 meter time.

Having said that, I don't think any football player in history could beat Deion in a footrace; although, Bo would be very close.

I still remember a game against the Raiders when they tried to go deep on Deion.
- The Raiders had Olympic Gold Metal winner James Jett at WR.
- Deion was faster than Jett by a wide margin.
- Deion after the game expressed that he felt disrespected that the Raiders would even try going deep on him.

yeh you know why ? .. Because i don't believe Deion never ran in a NFL's Fastest Man Contest - he was probably scared of Darrell Green, Ron Brown and Willie Gault. :rolleyes:

quickccc

Reaction score
More:
Tyrek Hill
Chris Johnson
James Lofton
Willie Gault
Ron Brown

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Alexander Wright ran a 4.1 forty.
- He had no lateral agility and hands of stone, but in a straight line he was incredibly fast.

Teddy Williams in college beat Bob Hayes 100m best official 100 meter time.

Having said that, I don't think any football player in history could beat Deion in a footrace; although, Bo would be very close.

I still remember a game against the Raiders when they tried to go deep on Deion.
- The Raiders had Olympic Gold Metal winner James Jett at WR.
- Deion was faster than Jett by a wide margin.

- Deion after the game expressed that he felt disrespected that the Raiders would even try going deep on him.

I don't know about "by a wide margin." I think it looks that way because the ball was underthrown. Jett was a legit 10.1 100 meter guy. There has not been a ton of people on Earth faster than that "by a wide margin." I don't think Deion was one of them. Though I will say that Deion was one of the 5 or 6 fastest people I've ever seen in pads. But truth be told, DBs didn't really wear pads back in those days..

NeathBlue

Reaction score
Jerry Rice might not have been the fastest when they put a stopwatch to him…
But when he was playing in a game in full pads, he always looked the quickest man on the field… never can remember a DB chasing him down.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
What does a 40 yard dash have to do with being the fastest? If everybody raced a 100 yard race, there would be a different winner at 20 yards, 40 yards, 60 yards, 80 and a 100 yards.

So who is really the fastest?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
yeh you know why ? .. Because i don't believe Deion never ran in a NFL's Fastest Man Contest - he was probably scared of Darrell Green, Ron Brown and Willie Gault. :rolleyes:

Those guys were all a lot older than Deion. Deion was still trying to find his way in the NFL in the early 90's and probably was never invited to those events. Then by the time the league had taken notice he was playing deep into the playoffs and wouldn't have participated in them anyway.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
What does a 40 yard dash have to do with being the fastest? If everybody raced a 100 yard race, there would be a different winner at 20 yards, 40 yards, 60 yards, 80 and a 100 yards.

So who is really the fastest?

The real answer is whichever one hit the highest MPH during their run and that typically would have occurred somewhere between the 60 and 80 yard mark.

quickccc

Reaction score
Those guys were all a lot older than Deion. Deion was still trying to find his way in the NFL in the early 90's and probably was never invited to those events. Then by the time the league had taken notice he was playing deep into the playoffs and wouldn't have participated in them anyway.

if they were a 'lot older " then that's all the more reason why Prime Time should have met the challenge - and beat the challenge.
Deion never invited ? NBC wouldn't want Prime Time whose persona and charisma surely would have added to viewing audience ?

Or could it have been Prime was so worried about being showed up, ..or he just wasn't interested in the event ?
These other NFL contestants were eagerly confident to compete and contest to be NFL's fastest Man, so why was Deion any different ?

I believe the NBC does the Fastest Man Contest event in the offseason, not during the NFL season.
Why in the world would NBC do otherwise ?

Now what other excuse(s) would Deion have next? :cool: