Draft trek's 3 rounder

Bigdog

Reaction score
Draft Trek just came out with their new three rounder draft. Not bad picks at all. Here is what they have the Cowboys picking

Anthony Davis OT
Jason Fox OT
Vince Oghobaase DE/DT

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Bigdog;3105718 said:
Draft Trek just came out with their new three rounder draft. Not bad picks at all. Here is what they have the Cowboys picking

Anthony Davis OT
Jason Fox OT
Vince Oghobaase DE/DT

I really like drafttek's website and mocks.

That would be a very solid draft. Meat and potatoes draft.

Same players available, I'd be very tempted to go Damian Williams WR over Jason Fox and Javier Arenas CB over Oghobaase. Williams and Arenas would help the return game tremendously. Williams is an excellent route runner and has great hands. He does not have a big ego and would fit in well with our offense. Arenas, although only 5'9", would make an excellent nickel or dimeback and allow Alan Ball to move to safety fulltime.

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;3105802 said:

Same players available, I'd be very tempted to go Damian Williams WR over Jason Fox and Javier Arenas CB over Oghobaase. Williams and Arenas would help the return game tremendously. Williams is an excellent route runner and has great hands. He does not have a big ego and would fit in well with our offense. Arenas, although only 5'9", would make an excellent nickel or dimeback and allow Alan Ball to move to safety fulltime.
I wouldn't mind Williams. His game reminds me of Steve Smith of the Giants. Him and Arenas with a solid olinemen would be a nice draft.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Bigdog;3105718 said:

Anthony Davis OT
Jason Fox OT
Vince Oghobaase DE/DT

I can live with this....especially since Davis can play 4 out of 5 OL positions and Fox can play both T positions.

Vince can play all 3 positions along our DL.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Maybe Anthony Davis is a probowl OG? I wouldn't take 2 OT's back to back.

I wouldn't mind this draft at all though. DL/OL this year please.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
I like the Davis Fox picks

well I don't see a third round

plus I think Oghobaase will be gone by then

altho Savii has done a decent job this year

I rather have Boo Robinson, Wake Forest

Dan Williams, Tennessee Height: 6-3. Weight: 311

or go islber

Micah Johnson, Kentucky - Height: 6-2. Weight: 254

Good height for position
Thick, cut, muscular frame
Highly athletic
Explosive
Good agility and can change directions quickly
Shows coordination and flexibility
Very strong and powerful
Sideline-to-sideline ability
Always around the football
Active
Fluid hips and can cover tight ends
Displays great range in zone
A productive playmaker
Tough
Versatile; any scheme player
Improved his ability when taking angles to the football
Stack-and-shed linebacker
Poised and under control
High upside
Nice overall skill set

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3105979 said:
Honestly if we don't draft some ****ing WR's i'd be pissed.

And why is that Daboys?

Do we honestly need any more weapons?

I mean we are already *****ing about Felix,Choice,Martellus, Otree not getting enough looks or touches.

Do we really need a Dez Bryant or Mardy Gilyard to add to that? Great players, but we are set up pretty good. Otree will get his shot next year.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;3105802 said:

I was thinking about the same thing. Williams gets picked after the Cowboys 2nd pick. Also, Dan Williams and Arthur Jones get picked in the early third are two players I would not mind getting either if the draft fell this way.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3106170 said:
And why is that Daboys?

Do we honestly need any more weapons?

I mean we are already *****ing about Felix,Choice,Martellus, Otree not getting enough looks or touches.

Do we really need a Dez Bryant or Mardy Gilyard to add to that? Great players, but we are set up pretty good. Otree will get his shot next year.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or what. However, all those guys can plays roles in the offense however, they aren't consistent threats each week. What we need is a solid #1 and a solid # 2 wr's. Our WR position is **** and I'd be pissed if we let it go for another year with out adding a young prospect.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3106222 said:
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or what. However, all those guys can plays roles in the offense however, they aren't consistent threats each week. What we need is a solid #1 and a solid # 2 wr's. Our WR position is **** and I'd be pissed if we let it go for another year with out adding a young prospect.

Just by you saying that means that we are stacked at WR. Thanks.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3106261 said:
Well Felix and Bradie James are trash..just following you logic and credibility. Don't mind me...

yawn.

Tell me who'd your rather have Patrick Willis or Bradie James. Ray Lewis or Bradie James. Bradie is trash. Spikes > James any day of the week and twice on sundays.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3106269 said:
yawn.

Tell me who'd your rather have Patrick Willis or Bradie James. Ray Lewis or Bradie James. Bradie is trash. Spikes > James any day of the week and twice on sundays.

Hmmm..that Spikes>James argument is a toughy.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3105979 said:
Honestly if we don't draft some ****ing WR's i'd be pissed.

Somehow, I think Jerry could call you up and let you make every freakin' pick for the team this year, and you'd STILL be pissed... at least half of the picks you made, you'd slam as being "garbage"...

You seem to enjoy being pissed, indeed you seem to live for it...

silverbear

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3106259 said:
.....yeah way to be a ******.

Boy, do you kiss your momma with that mouth??

It ain't Slate's fault that your rep is in the toilet around here... to assign blame for that one, you need only wander in front of your nearest mirror...

silverbear

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3106269 said:
yawn.

So, if you're a linebacker in the NFL, and you're not Patrick Willis or Ray Lewis, you're "trash"??

I wonder if you even realize how completely asinine that argument is...

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;3106594 said:
So, if you're a linebacker in the NFL, and you're not Patrick Willis or Ray Lewis, you're "trash"??

I wonder if you even realize how completely asinine that argument is...

I didn't say that. However to act as if Bradie james is a world beater at his position is wrong. There are a lot of good LB'rs in this league bradie james aint one of them.