Draft Websites

Yuma Cactus

Reaction score
This should be an intensely interesting camp for you this year, Yuma!!

I was really enthused with what I saw last AUG. The downer is that I just found out one of my "Camp dogs" won't be going this year.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I was really enthused with what I saw last AUG. The downer is that I just found out one of my "Camp dogs" won't be going this year.

Sorry, my friend...but do your heart some major good. Will be rooting with you, in spirit.

thehammer

Reaction score
http://www.nfldraftresearch.com/

plug my own site..I spend more time doing character/personality analysis then any other site..my psych degree is showing. Also a former coach and know some kids hate to lose while others not so . Bob Gibson, hof pitcher for my Cards, once said he had to play to win even when he played his 5 year old daughter in a game of tic-tac-toe...just hard wired that way.

.IMO reason high picks fail and lower rd picks succeed is their own mental makeup. Always start by looking at a kids college major and watch as many interviews that I can find. NFL is a big stage and you need a big ego to succeed.

Intelligence and that inner drive is what separates these kids along with obvious differences in athletic talent. Also love sparq scores. Very few positions can still have players with low wonderlic scores..offensive and defensive schemes keep getting more complicated. Smart guys get on the field day one while the lower score guys might need 2/3 years . That matters in free agency. Teams draft talented low wonderlic kids and spend years developing them only to lose them to free agency.

if you google Myers Briggs and hof qb's or Peyton Manning you will find an article saying most of the hof qb's have the exact same Briggs score. If you watch college games of P Manning, Brady and Rodgers you see that exact same strut/ego early on. Try to look for that strut/ego when I evaluate these kids. Just makes the draft more fun....also plug your guy Broaddus..top drawer IMO.

do it only as a hobby...so only update my info when I'm in the mood.

Last edited:

Bigdog

Reaction score
http://www.nfldraftresearch.com/

plug my own site..I spend more time doing character/personality analysis then any other site..my psych degree is showing. Also a former coach and know some kids hate to lose while others not so . Bob Gibson, hof pitcher for my Cards, once said he had to play to win even when he played his 5 year old daughter in a game of tic-tac-toe...just hard wired that way.

.IMO reason high picks fail and lower rd picks succeed is their own mental makeup. Always start by looking at a kids college major and watch as many interviews that I can find. NFL is a big stage and you need a big ego to succeed.

Intelligence and that inner drive is what separates these kids along with obvious differences in athletic talent. Also love sparq scores. Very few positions can still have players with low wonderlic scores..offensive and defensive schemes keep getting more complicated. Smart guys get on the field day one while the lower score guys might need 2/3 years . That matters in free agency. Teams draft talented low wonderlic kids and spend years developing them only to lose them to free agency.

if you google Myers Briggs and hof qb's or Peyton Manning you will find an article saying most of the hof qb's have the exact same Briggs score. If you watch college games of P Manning, Brady and Rodgers you see that exact same strut/ego early on. Try to look for that strut/ego when I evaluate these kids. Just makes the draft more fun....also plug your guy Broaddus..top drawer IMO.

do it only as a hobby...so only update my info when I'm in the mood.

Your right intrinsic motivation is big on finding if a player will be successful or for that matter anybody. Extrinsic motivation helps but it is what inside person that counts.

hcl4956

Reaction score
Major darkhorse. www.draftwired.com
If you like doing simulations then forget the rest, this one rocks
It has group drafts that are beyond the scope of waht anyone else has done.

timb2

Reaction score
Great Blue North Draft Report is the best for current news and they seem to have the rumors that are going to happen. Draftcountdown is good .Walterfootball is good.One that is not on the list and they are great for information on Pro Days is SportsXChange.Some small college player and they will have info on his pro day.NFLDRAFTDIAMONDS focus on small college players which is good. DraftDaddy also is good with small school players.I use to like NFL DRAFTGEEK,but they have blown it lately. A lot of the members harp on them and they seem to have gotten a thin skin about it..DraftTek is also a good website

timb2

Reaction score
Some other draft websites to look for DEEP FRIED DRAFT. he has a different approach and he has some unknown players that are under the radar. COUCH SCOUT has a whole listing like if you want to see corners it's like they have every eligible corner in this draft from Division 1,2,&3 and something about them their size or forty time. NFLDRAFTBLITZ is a also a solid draft site and DRAFTSITE will let you do mocks if I remember,. HUDL is very good if you can't find highlights on youtube of a certain player search HUDL and they might have it.

slomoxn

Reaction score
Ourlads has us taking Jabrill Peppers then saying he was not productive or impactful at DB. I know these are just speculation and I don't follow college football but if that's true of him I want no part.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Ourlads has us taking Jabrill Peppers then saying he was not productive or impactful at DB. I know these are just speculation and I don't follow college football but if that's true of him I want no part.

We're not talking Jabrill Peppers in the first. And if we don't take him there, he won't make it to 60.