Drew Bledsoe

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
Dude, I know you love Bledsoe, but the Pats saw the real Bledsoe, and let a 2nd year player start over him. If that is the REAL Bledsoe, then I will pass.

They let a 2nd year player start because Bledsoe got hurt man! They weren't going to disrupt the team chemistry late in the season when Bledsoe got healhty. Also Bellechek was never on board the Bledsoe bandwagon since he arrived there in new england. Tom Brady is the best QB in the league, so what should that tell you about the guy he replaced??

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
They let a 2nd year player start because Bledsoe got hurt man! They weren't going to disrupt the team chemistry late in the season when Bledsoe got healhty. Also Bellechek was never on board the Bledsoe bandwagon since he arrived there in new england. Tom Brady is the best QB in the league, so what should that tell you about the guy he replaced??

Sure, sure. I can accept a Bledsoe apologists point of view. Did the Bills see the REAL Bledsoe when they opted for a piece of crap rookie over him? Looking forward to the excuses.

koolaid

Drink Me
Reaction score
when bledsoe is protected he is a top 5 qb in the nfl IMO. protect him, and we will win.

in other words, yes i think he can win us a SB

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
cml750 said:
Hate to be the first negative response in this thread but I really don't think he has "it". QB's who have "it" don't end up playing for 3 different teams. If we win a SB (which I doubt but hope so) it won't be because of Bledsoe.

I don't think he had "it" before he got here, I really don't.

But once he arrived in Dallas, it seemed like he got that swagger. He's here with a chip on his shoulder. He's got "it" as a Cowboy.

bert

Reaction score
cml750 said:
Hate to be the first negative response in this thread but I really don't think he has "it". QB's who have "it" don't end up playing for 3 different teams. If we win a SB (which I doubt but hope so) it won't be because of Bledsoe.
How many different teams is it that Brad Johnson & Trent Dilfer have wound up playing for again? Uh-huh thats right!! Are they better QB's then Bledsoe? Not in this lifetime. Did they win superbowls? Yep sure did. Do either of them have this "IT" you refer to? I'd say NOPE but they won a superbowl anyway with a TEAM effort. The question was can he lead us to a superbowl. Absolutely he can with a good supporting cast & solid defense! Can he help us win a superbowl? Once again the answer is absolutely. Can Drew win the SB all by himself? Of course not its a team effort, not a one man army. How many other superbowls were won by the QB alone? He has what it takes to get us there and gives us the chance to win it too. I hate to say it to a fellow Cowboys fan but your negative response is pointless, factless & clueless. :banghead:

Death Star

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
Sure, sure. I can accept a Bledsoe apologists point of view. Did the Bills see the REAL Bledsoe when they opted for a piece of crap rookie over him? Looking forward to the excuses.

Drew played for the Bills for 3 years. The first year he did OK with an 86 QB rating for the year, although the OL was not very good at all. Then over the next two years the OLine went to absolute ****, resulting in Drew getting hammered repeatedly out there. At the end of that third year after 2 years of a matador OL, the Bills were faced with two options: either focus heavily on fixing that line while making several other problem areas on the team less of a priority to fix during that offseason (they could only pull off so much at once), or cut their losses with Drew, put a younger and more mobile QB in there (Losman), and fix a bigger assortment of problems in the offseason while not focusing too much on the OL. They chose the latter, and got bit in the tail for their trouble, basically ruining their young QB prospect as well by also subjecting him to that same horrible OL, screwing him up in terms of development, media portrayal, and fan support.

The Bills completely dropped the ball in how they handled their business, and they'd be the last people I'd trust for perspective on this. You can bet a ton of Bills fans are looking back with regret on how things went down with that entire situation.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:

The Bills are a notoriously cheap organization....that's why they are busy this offseason signing back-ups from washington hoping to field a 6 win team, while were signing TO and other proven veterans ready to make superbowl run.

With that said they cut Bledsoe for a few reasons:

1) He was making a ton of money there and eating up cap space, and refused to restructure his contract
2) Mike Mularkey wanted JP Losman to start, that's why they traded all those picks to us to get him.
3) Tom Donahoe is an idiot and didn't realize Drew needed an oline and receivers to put up big numbers. He needed a scapegoat after the 2004 season....Bledsoe was it.

These are the facts man, it has nothing to do with a 'Bledsoe Apologist' point of view. Go to the bills message board and 75% of the fans will agree with what I told you, the others are just delusional homers that think JP Losman is going to be the next Brett Favre. ;)

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
overfiend60 said:
Drew played for the Bills for 3 years. The first year he did OK with an 86 QB rating for the year, although the OL was not very good at all. Then over the next two years the OLine went to absolute ****, resulting in Drew getting hammered repeatedly out there. At the end of that third year after 2 years of a matador OL, the Bills were faced with two options: either focus heavily on fixing that line while making several other problem areas on the team less of a priority to fix during that offseason (they could only pull off so much at once), or cut their losses with Drew, put in a younger and more mobile QB in there (Losman), and fix a bigger assortment of problems in the offseason while not focusing too much on the OL. They chose the latter, and got bit in the tail for their trouble, basically ruining their young QB prospect as well by also subjecting him to that horrible OL, screwing him up in terms of development, media portrayal, and fan support.

The Bills completely dropped the ball in how they handled their business, and they'd be the last people I'd trust for perspective on this. You can bet a ton of Bills fans are looking back with regret on how things went down with that entire situation.

Precisely what I just said in another post....more or less.

Let's also not forget that after the 2002 season when Drew shattered team offensive records.....Donahoe traded Peerless Price and failed to resign Larry Centers or Jay Riermsma, or replace them for that matter.......that was 50% of Drew's production!!

You can't fire a cannon without ammunition people!! It's that simple! :cool:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
All I know is that the pass receivers that we have on this team have strengths that match with his strengths. Bowth Owens excell at deep and intermediate routes and we have a TE that can operate as his safety blanket in Jason Witten

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Drew Bledsoe played well enough last to bring this team to the Super Bowl. If the kicking situation, the offensive line played better and the defense didn't falter a little at the end of the season he would have done just that.

Over the first half of the season he was headed to the Pro Bowl, then the Flo injury and Petitti falling apart brought him back down to Earth.

KingTuna

Reaction score
calcbfan1 said:
Comp/Att Yards TD INT
B. Roethlisberger 9/21 123 0 2

I think Bledsoe can exceed the above stats, don't you.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! BINGO! :lmao:

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
bledsoe won't carry this team on his back but he can be a major cog in well-rounded machine.

in summary, he won't be the weak link. the head and arm are still sound. i was down on him when the Cowboys inked him. he made a believer out of me last season. he's a pro's pro.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
If you give him protection and time he'll kill anyone with his arm. We haven't had quarterback play as good as Bledsoe since 1998.

And plus the addition of TO helps everything. Who you gonna cover?

Can anyone say MVP?

lgarcia792002

Reaction score
i agree with most ppl on hear drew still has it in him there is no reason for him not to be able to get us to the super bowl he is a solid qb i like his arm his arm should take us to the next level

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
tothewhipbill said:
bledsoe won't carry this team on his back but he can be a major cog in well-rounded machine.

in summary, he won't be the weak link. the head and arm are still sound. i was down on him when the Cowboys inked him. he made a believer out of me last season. he's a pro's pro.

If you look at last season the numbers say otherwise.....seriously where would this team have been WITHOUT Drew? He led this team to multiple cardiac cowboy style comebacks (specifically the chargers, chiefs, 49ers,eagles, panthers, etc). His only really bad games were at NY and Washington.

Also he did this without a good oline the 2nd half of the season, no running game, and no real weapon like TO!!

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
MikeCowboy3189 said:
If you give him protection and time he'll kill anyone with his arm. We haven't had quarterback play as good as Bledsoe since 1998.

And plus the addition of TO helps everything. Who you gonna cover?

Can anyone say MVP?

TO changes everything.....he will make this offense that much better, even with an average to subpar offensive line!

Can you imagine what it's going to be like when TO draws double and triple coverage!! That means that T Glenn will be going one on one and Witten will be roaming free down the middle of the field! Also look out for Crayton or whoever the 3rd and 4th receiver might be!

This may very well be Drew's best season yet.....and yes I can say MVP!!!:bow: :bow: :bow:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
Drew is the best QB we have had since Aikman, but that isnt saying alot. I like to see him when he has perfect protection, but other wise it is flat out sickening. He is the perfect example of a good player that just isnt good enough to be considered elite.

you could call him a QB who won't win games for you, although he won a couple games last year for us, Bledsoe needs a line, just like any Super Bowl winning QB, plus a quality supporting cast, which we're trying to surround him with...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
Dude, I know you love Bledsoe, but the Pats saw the real Bledsoe, and let a 2nd year player start over him. If that is the REAL Bledsoe, then I will pass.

the Pats saw Bledsoe lead them to an AFC Championship win that launched them to their 1st of 3 Super Bowl trophies...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
bert said:
How many different teams is it that Brad Johnson & Trent Dilfer have wound up playing for again? Uh-huh thats right!! Are they better QB's then Bledsoe? Not in this lifetime. Did they win superbowls? Yep sure did. Do either of them have this "IT" you refer to? I'd say NOPE but they won a superbowl anyway with a TEAM effort. The question was can he lead us to a superbowl. Absolutely he can with a good supporting cast & solid defense! Can he help us win a superbowl? Once again the answer is absolutely. Can Drew win the SB all by himself? Of course not its a team effort, not a one man army. How many other superbowls were won by the QB alone? He has what it takes to get us there and gives us the chance to win it too. I hate to say it to a fellow Cowboys fan but your negative response is pointless, factless & clueless. :banghead:
:hammer: