Drew Bledsoe

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
the Pats saw Bledsoe lead them to an AFC Championship win that launched them to their 1st of 3 Super Bowl trophies...

And...........who did they start in that Super Bowl?

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
the Pats saw Bledsoe lead them to an AFC Championship win that launched them to their 1st of 3 Super Bowl trophies...

Don't forget the superbowl in 96 either that led them out of the AFC Doldrums!

It's nice to see you on the Drew bandwagon my man!!! :D

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
And...........who did they start in that Super Bowl?

Brady, but the Pats still saw that Bledsoe can win important games, such as the AFC Championship game, meaning he could do the same thing here in Dallas if he gets a good line in front of him, and has a good supporting cast around him, like each and every Super Bowl winning team...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
Don't forget the superbowl in 96 either that led them out of the AFC Doldrums!

It's nice to see you on the Drew bandwagon my man!!! :D

I've always been on the bandwagon, but of course Bledsoe had to win me over at 1st

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
If you look at last season the numbers say otherwise.....seriously where would this team have been WITHOUT Drew? He led this team to multiple cardiac cowboy style comebacks (specifically the chargers, chiefs, 49ers,eagles, panthers, etc). His only really bad games were at NY and Washington.

Also he did this without a good oline the 2nd half of the season, no running game, and no real weapon like TO!!
excuse me if i stop short of annointing the man. he can get it done. that's all i require. but he ain't no staubach. (who is?)

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
you're alright, Bledsoe4MVP. i don't hold drew to such lofty expectations. i'm happy with what he brings to the table.

veteran savvy and a cannon arm. works for me.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
tothewhipbill said:
you're alright, Bledsoe4MVP. i don't hold drew to such lofty expectations. i'm happy with what he brings to the table.

veteran savvy and a cannon arm. works for me.

Thanks man, no need to hold him to lofty expectations....leave that to me! :D

But yes the veteran savvy and cannon arm should be enough to appease the majority of the skeptics this season, I admit I was apprehensive about the TO signing...but this is exactly what Drew needs to really make some noise and silence the critics once and for all! :cool:

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
The trick to winning a SB with Bledsoe is to take as much as possible out of his hands... i.e.

Make sure your Special teams creates good field position...
a reliable FG Kicker, A punter that can put it consistently behind the 20, Kickoff coverage unit that is smothering

Make sure the defense is attacking and can cause turn-overs...
It has to be able to to keep a lead...
When put in bad field position by a bledsoe fumble/int/sack...it has to rise to the occassion which is likely 3-5 times a game

An outstanding oline...
a probowl TE
a probowl WR
a probowl RB...

Make sure to use the pass to set up the run...try to never/ever get into a must pass situation... try to limit Bledsoe to only timing routes...1-2-3 ball away stuff...

If you do all this your chances are good take away one of these things and your chances drop significantly take 2 away and your chances stand at even take 3 and you have vitually no chance...thats my opinion until proven wrong

Avenging Hayseed

Interwebs fooseball expert
Reaction score
Part of learning is knowing when to admit you are wrong. When we signed Drew I was pretty luke warm on it. Didnt think he was bad but wasnt a real fan either. I was WRONG. Drew is a standup guy, a winner, givin the components around him that ALL Q.B's need he is MORE THAN CAPABLE of winning a Superbowl with the Cowboys organization. Aftwer watching himlast season, I mean REALLY watching, because now he was a member of my team I grew to admire him as a Q.B. The guy bailed us out more than a couple times last year. We give Drew the cast, which I think wev'e done, and ring six is due.

Cowchips

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
Sure, sure. I can accept a Bledsoe apologists point of view. Did the Bills see the REAL Bledsoe when they opted for a piece of crap rookie over him? Looking forward to the excuses.

In 2004, Bledsoe almost led a mediocre Bills team to the playoffs, after the team started 1-4 because of crap for a running game with Travis Henry (0 rushing touchdowns in 12 attempts). In 2005, same exact team with that piece of crap rookie when 5-12. Bills fans were all saying the rookie could replace Bledsoe's below average performance in 2004. So what happened?

In 2005, except for a crap kicking game, Bledsoe would have led the Cowboys to a 12-4 record.

In 2005l, Brady, the best QB in the league playing in the weakest division tossed 4 int's against KC last year and absolutely stunk in many games and in the playoffs. Was he bad, no..did he have bad supporting cast for a change..absolutely!!

Excuses perhaps. But to a knowledgable football fan, it's pretty clear it wasnt the quarterbacks fault in 2004 or 2005. People focus on Bledsoe's bad moments which are no worse than most QBs. Every QB has bad days.

Cowchips

Reaction score
Zaxor said:
The trick to winning a SB with Bledsoe is to take as much as possible out of his hands... i.e.

Make sure your Special teams creates good field position...
a reliable FG Kicker, A punter that can put it consistently behind the 20, Kickoff coverage unit that is smothering

Make sure the defense is attacking and can cause turn-overs...
It has to be able to to keep a lead...
When put in bad field position by a bledsoe fumble/int/sack...it has to rise to the occassion which is likely 3-5 times a game

An outstanding oline...
a probowl TE
a probowl WR
a probowl RB...

Make sure to use the pass to set up the run...try to never/ever get into a must pass situation... try to limit Bledsoe to only timing routes...1-2-3 ball away stuff...

If you do all this your chances are good take away one of these things and your chances drop significantly take 2 away and your chances stand at even take 3 and you have vitually no chance...thats my opinion until proven wrong

So you're saying give him everything that the Pats have given Tom Brady. Don't forget the 7-10 points per game the defense provided during their SB years :D

Zippy Speedster

Reaction score
Just as much "it" as half the other QBs who have won the big dance. I have complete confidence in Drew Bledsoe. Only a small handful of quarterbacks playing today would I chose ahead of him. You'll see what I'm talking about over the course of the next 3-4 years as Bled moves right up alongside Aikman in Cowboy history.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Cowchips said:
So you're saying give him everything that the Pats have given Tom Brady. Don't forget the 7-10 points per game the defense provided during their SB years :D
Very much so...

There are very few QB's that have ever played the game...that are true difference makers ..they have "it"...Group 1

Most of the successful Qb's have very few flaws if any or are very minor... group 2

then their are those that have flaws in their game that need to be managed..if they are managed the qb can have success...Group 3

then there are those that have such major flaws that they are best suited for back-ups as they would be exposed as a starter...Group 4

and then there are those that just can't seem to put it all together for what ever reason...group 5

I think Tom is a group 2 QB...Bledsoe bounces between 3 and 4...

Roger was a group 1...Troy 2

though Troy was probably a better passer...he did not have the "it"...

I like to use Roger as my idea of "it" ..for example when everyone knew with 2 TD's that Roger could win it for you...where the Commander fans knew just as much as the Cowboy fans...You could just feel the "it" in the air...

So once again to answer the question yes it is possible to win with Bledsoe but it has to be managed...imho

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I like the guy (not as much as some;) but if conditions are not perfect for him he won't get it done. For every thing he brings he also takes away.
Having to max protect, doesnt help us.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC said:
I like the guy (not as much as some;) but if conditions are not perfect for him he won't get it done. For every thing he brings he also takes away.
Having to max protect, doesnt help us.

He seem like a real likeable guy...

and I hope that he has a fantastic season... :D

mbc

Benched
Reaction score
if "it" refers to an outstanding defense than yes brady had it