News: Drew Pearson: Cowboys QB Dak Prescott 'A $40 Million Disappointment’

terra

Reaction score
Dak cost us 17 million last year and will cost 34 mill this next season. We have ways of lowering that number as well.

He hasn't cost and will not cost us "40 million" for a few years....but keep repeating the brainless banter bc everyone else does!
He is costing us more than the vast majority of QBs currently playing and the price keeps going up. Your lawyering is laughable; the sort of thing a defense attorney does to get a guilty man off.

Legend

Reaction score
Dak cost us 17 million last year and will cost 34 mill this next season. We have ways of lowering that number as well.

He hasn't cost and will not cost us "40 million" for a few years....but keep repeating the brainless banter bc everyone else does!

It is not only the $40M but the pitiful playoff performance that contributed to an one and done.

Dak received $75M in pay (mostly signing bonus ?) this year if I am not mistaken.

Ken

Reaction score
Dak is getting most of the blame but Lamb and Zeke were also criticized by Irvin in particular.
As they should.

Coaching was horrific, penalties killed us, had guys dropping balls, they ran it down our throats in the first half....Dak had his piece as well but i just can't sit here and blame it all on him.

Then make sweeping generalizations about his entire season with everything else that went on. Drives me insane.

Ken

Reaction score
He is costing us more than the vast majority of QBs currently playing and the price keeps going up. Your lawyering is laughable; the sort of thing a defense attorney does to get a guilty man off.
That isn't Lawyering. That is the facts of the situation. He cost us more last year under the tag than he did this year. That is the fact.

We will convert bonus money into future years, just like we did with Romo, and then we will extend him out after a couple of more years. This isn't hard.

Legend

Reaction score
The mark of a top coach is figuring out what a player does best and what he does worst and makes sure he uses him in the best way. We are expecting too much of Dak and that is the major part of the problem I think.
Dak expected too much with holding out for an average of $40M a season and Jerry is probably using that to cover for other holes on the team.

“Dak you are paid to be the man regardless of the challenges we have on the Cowboys. We still expect you to will us to victory and are paying you to do that.”

Ken

Reaction score
It is not only the $40M but the pitiful playoff performance that contributed to an one and done.

Dak received $75M in pay (mostly signing bonus ?) this year if I am not mistaken.
I am more concerned with the guy who is the highest paid in his position who beat his head against the wall to get 87 yards against backups and a 1000 yard season in the backfield. THAT is killing our cap and our offense.

I am more concerned with the extremely highly paid DE who had 4 tackles in this playoff game, missed a huge chunk of the season again, and had 1 tackle against the cards. That is killing our cap.

I am not concerned with the guy being paid at the top of his position while also having numbers that are at the top of his position.

It is just assinine.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Then why are you harping on his shortcommings if his personal stats don't mean anything?

Only when Dallas loses is it all Dak's fault in your world and when they win...it is because they "are soooooooo talented".

You guys are seriously a joke.
Because it's the offseason now and Dak is a problem with this team.

His poor play against good teams is a problem.

You don't have to see it or acknowledge it. That's' your problem. I don't really care.

You and the other Dallas Prescott fans focus on his stats, while the rest of us will discuss ways this team can be better moving forward.

Legend

Reaction score
I am more concerned with the guy who is the highest paid in his position who beat his head against the wall to get 87 yards against backups and a 1000 yard season in the backfield. THAT is killing our cap and our offense.

I am more concerned with the extremely highly paid DE who had 4 tackles in this playoff game, missed a huge chunk of the season again, and had 1 tackle against the cards. That is killing our cap.

I am not concerned with the guy being paid at the top of his position while also having numbers that are at the top of his position.

It is just assinine.

That guy is playing on one good knee and Pollard on one good foot.

Yet the 49ers game planned for Dak to beat them instead of the Cowboys running game.

That is not a good look for Dak and Dak did not carve up the 49ers D in response.

Haimerej

Reaction score

He wasn't given that contract to put up numbers in the regular season.

Ken

Reaction score
Because it's the offseason now and Dak is a problem with this team.

His poor play against good teams is a problem.

You don't have to see it or acknowledge it. That's' your problem. I don't really care.

You and the other Dallas Prescott fans focus on his stats, while the rest of us will discuss ways this team can be better moving forward.
Ah...yes....the resident experts of Cowboyszone will somehow discount the numbers to be a figment of our imagination.

When he loses it is all his fault because REAL qbs always win regardless of the circumstances (just don't look at Kyler this past week) and we have SO much TALENT!!!! That is why he has so many tds...ya...that's it!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I.Q. in Dak Zombie land must be really on the low side as when they hear that all defenses play to STOP the run and dare Dak to beat them, what exactly don't they comprehend about this?:huh:
Dak Zombies an endangered species and dying off fast here in our lovely forums!

Ken

Reaction score
That guy is playing on one good knee and Pollard on one good foot.

Yet the 49ers game planned for Dak to beat them instead of the Cowboys running game.

That is not a good look for Dak and Dak did not carve up the 49ers D in response.
I don't think you understand what they did. This isn't they loaded the box and left everyone singled up for Dak to beat them....no...

They kept a "light box", meaning they left less defender in the box than the offense had blockers...and stifled our run game. Then they left everyone in coverage and had guys who knew our routes better than our own players.

Let me know if you still don't understand...

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Ah...yes....the resident experts of Cowboyszone will somehow discount the numbers to be a figment of our imagination.

When he loses it is all his fault because REAL qbs always win regardless of the circumstances (just don't look at Kyler this past week) and we have SO much TALENT!!!! That is why he has so many tds...ya...that's it!
Kyler is a bum QB too. He's a gimmicky QB like Lamar Jackson.

Also, just because other teams have bad QB should not make you feel better about having a bad QB. Expect better, because that's as weak as it gets.

Ken

Reaction score
I.Q. in Dak Zombie land must be really on the low side as when they hear that all defenses play to STOP the run and dare Dak to beat them, what exactly don't they comprehend about this?:huh:
Dak Zombies an endangered species and dying off fast here in our lovely forums!
This isn't 2016 anymore Pappy...time to update the mantra bud.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I don't think you understand what they did. This isn't they loaded the box and left everyone singled up for Dak to beat them....no...

They kept a "light box", meaning they left less defender in the box than the offense had blockers...and stifled our run game. Then they left everyone in coverage and had guys who knew our routes better than our own players.

Yeah, listen to Ken and not the actual 49er defensive player that said "We wanted them to try and beat us with the pass".

Haimerej

Reaction score
Then they left everyone in coverage and had guys who knew our routes better than our own players.

Talk about hyperbole.

Warner shows film of 1 play ran 3 times in which the MLB knows what the RB is doing and now SF, "had guys who knew our routes better than our own players."

It should be noted every single one of those examples ended up with a completed pass.

Legend

Reaction score

If the defenders knew the plays better than our own players; I expect the QB to audible into counter plays.

They should have prepared for that before the game and during practice.

Ken

Reaction score
Yeah, listen to Ken and not the actual 49er defensive player that said "We wanted them to try and beat us with the pass".
Ok, it should be easy for you to show me how they loaded the box and singled up on the outside then.

:facepalm:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

And this why....................

6601c1a0-70de-4093-8c8e-6ce1866dac4d_text.gif