Video: Drew Pearson in tears, "they broke my heart"

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I guess they found out too late. Before I open my big mouthYou wonder why they get to snuff who they want. Sucks
Somebody has to do the voting, and I don't know that anyone would be free from any bias, even if unconscious.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He literally looks like the linebacker version of John Lynch in terms of accolades and waiting period (not seeing the issue ???)
What are you getting at? You said he had the credentials. I thought you were saying you didn't see an issue with him getting in, but maybe you were asking if I saw the issue with him. If so, I really don't. If his credentials are pretty equivalent to Lynch's, then Lynch should probably be in too. I always though of Lynch as a pretty outstanding player.

Tussinman

Reaction score
What are you getting at? You said he had the credentials. I thought you were saying you didn't see an issue with him getting in, but maybe you were asking if I saw the issue with him. If so, I really don't. If his credentials are pretty equivalent to Lynch's, then Lynch should probably be in too. I always though of Lynch as a pretty outstanding player.
Sorry I was talking third period and agreeing with you (re-reading my comment I can see how I worded it poorly)

I was basically agreeing and then re-inforcing what we both agreed on (that there's no controversy)

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry I was talking third period and agreeing with you (re-reading my comment I can see how I worded it poorly)

I was basically agreeing and then re-inforcing what we both agreed on (that there's no controversy)
lol - okay. At first I thought you were agreeing with me, but I wasn't sure after the next post.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Granted there will always be people complaining about not getting in, but most will not be named to an all 18 first team All Decade team and and have 17 of that first team get in and not the lone person on that team get in. That is worse than a beauty queen walking around with a big booger stuck on her face and she not know it.

Plankton

Reaction score
That and his career ending as a result of a car accident. He didn't really leave on his terms.

Unfortunately, his brother died in the very same car wreck. It was a horrible accident on multiple levels for Pearson.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
When Carmichael retired, he was a top 10 NFL All Time Leading Receiver.

But he never caught "the Hail Mary", children did not want to grow up to play WR and where no. 17, He never held his hand up with a Super Bowl Ring, he was not named to the NFL 70's All Decade Team, he did not make Clint Longley a one game legend, and he never had to share the football with other WR/TE named Tony Hill, Butch Johnson, Doug Donley, Billy Joe Dupree, Doug Cosbie, Golden Richards, Jay Saldi, and pass receiving RBs like Preston Pearson and Ron Springs.

Harold Carmichael was 6-8-225 7th round pick WR/TE when the draft was 17 rounds. Drew Pearson was a UDFA QB from Tulsa when the draft was 17 rounds.

Pearson deserved the Hall of Fame. Terry Glenn wore no. 88 because of Drew Pearson, Michael Irvin was given the no. 88 because of Drew Pearson, Mike Sherrad was given the no. 88 because of Drew Pearson, and Dez Bryant was given the no. 88 because of Drew Pearson. The Cowboys do not retire numbers. The Eagles retire numbers and no. 17 is not one of the retired numbers.

But like I said, Drew Pearson did not want the Hall of Fame for just himself (even though he definitely deserves it). He wanted to memorialize his brother Carey in a Hall of Fame acceptance speech. That is were the pain and anger is coming from no. 88 today.

ReturnToGlory

Reaction score
That methodology takes into account things outside players’ control.

Carmichael played a large chunk of his career for crappy Eagles teams. But he also has more yards, catches and TDs.

Want to know how many TDs and yds he got in garbage time or meaningless games vs teams just playing through the motions.

Also, 48 TDs cuz we had so many weapons and Dorsett running it in. Sorta like Irvin having less TDs due to Emmitt. But in crunch time, when we needed to score, 88’s number was called and he came through for us!

Kwyn

Reaction score
Feel for Drew. It’s a real shame what has happened and he’s such a good guy.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
That TD would be called back today. And we wouldn’t have the Hail Mary. Vikings would have gone to 5 Super Bowls in the 70’s instead of us.
Perhaps, but we're talking about an etched in stone brand of football.